Campaign for Dark Skies

Old August 3rd 04, 12:53 PM
Das

Default Campaign for Dark Skies

Most of you will have heard of the Campaign for Dark Skies - a
campaign to put a halt to light-pollution (wasted light which destroys
our view of the night sky
whilst wasting money and making our street unnessesarily dim!).

Please see the CfDS website for more details at:
http://www.dark-skies.org

Can you all PLEASE do me a favour and support the Campaign for Dark
Skies campaign on the BBC iCan website at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/ican/G630

Please go to that page, and click the "support" button (only takes a
few minutes).

This is because I will be talking about the CfDS on the East
Midlands
BBC News in the next few days and the journalist wants to use that
slot to
also promote the BBC iCan website - and so we obviously want to make
the
CfDS to look as popular as possible! (we have 125 members, but the
BBC's
short notice isn't too useful!)

Also, the news item will also be on the BBC News Sci/Tech website,
maybe
wednesday or thursday.

Cheers!

Das
Old August 3rd 04, 04:19 PM
karl sykes

Tried to support your campaign for dark skies but once there page said i had
already voted. ?????

Karl.
om...

Old August 3rd 04, 04:49 PM
James

"karl sykes" wrote in message
Tried to support your campaign for dark skies but once there page said i

had
already voted. ?????

Same for me - is it cuz Im classed as "guest" as an unregistered person and
not a "user" or something?

Old August 3rd 04, 05:14 PM
Stephen Tonkin

karl sykes wrote:
page said i had already voted.

Ditto.

Best,
Stephen

Remove footfrommouth to reply

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +
Old August 4th 04, 10:36 AM
Martin Frey

Stephen Tonkin wrote:

karl sykes wrote:
page said i had already voted.

Ditto.

Best,
Stephen

Me too, so I registered and then it worked.

Now I have yet another different user name and password which I shall
have forgotten by tea time. Tea time? I've forgotten it already and
it's not even elevenses.

--
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk
Old August 5th 04, 03:38 PM
Jeremy Taylor

(Das) wrote in message . com...
Most of you will have heard of the Campaign for Dark Skies - a
campaign to put a halt to light-pollution (wasted light which destroys
our view of the night sky
whilst wasting money and making our street unnessesarily dim!).

Please see the CfDS website for more details at:
http://www.dark-skies.org

Can you all PLEASE do me a favour and support the Campaign for Dark
Skies campaign on the BBC iCan website at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/ican/G630

Please go to that page, and click the "support" button (only takes a
few minutes).

Well - I tried to register and I've now waited 24 hours for the
'confirmation email' but so far nothing. So I can't vote.

I feel disenfranchised.
Old August 6th 04, 11:06 PM
G Brookes

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 23:59:49 GMT, "Chef!"
wrote:

Jeremy

Oh, shame I missed that - one they seem to have fixed it now.

I assume they've off-shore'd the copy writing:

'The beautiful and inspirational view of a sky full of stars with the
Milkyway arcing overhead is denied to millions of people and children in the
UK.

er, guys, it's 'Milky Way' btw.

And whats with this, 'millions of people and children', thannnngg?. Millions
of people, yeah, OK, but why tack children on the end? Or are they not
people? OTOH I think 'millions of people and teenagers' would have been spot
on .

Ho hum. Back to the kitchen...
Chef!

.....and isn't arcing something welders do,