No space TV coverage.

Old February 29th 04, 12:42 AM
Sue

"Eric Fenby." wrote in message
Opportunity and Spirit rovers are trundling around the Moon, and the ISS

is
in Earth orbit....but you wouldn't know it from the daily television news
programmes! In fact the ISS gets mentioned so rarely that it might as well
not be there.

It's good interesting scientifically stimulating stuff so the question is
why is it being kept secret/excluded from the news?
I'd like to see a couple of one-hour TV programmes on the construction
operation and images from the Rovers and, well, to be honest with you I
don't even know what the ISS looks like! I'm an eager fan of popular

science
TV progs too!
What a wasted Opportunity!
Funny old world!

EF.

Unfortunately the "Sun Readers" of this country are in the vast majority,
and apparantly, Mrs Green's cat stuck up a tree or the latest *C* list
celbrity is far more important to them than anything remotely educational!

Sue

Old February 29th 04, 10:56 AM
Lockon

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:42:03 -0000, "Martin"
wrote:

Well my postcode in Ashford says Freeview is not available according to
their website.

FWIW the site at http://www.bbc.co.uk/digital/howtoget.shtml
says that I can't get Freeview where I live

but the one at
http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/coverage.html
said I can

I can and do, and the quality of reception of TV and digital radio is
very good indeed using the Humax F2 Fox T box!
Regds Lock

Old March 4th 04, 07:39 AM
Dale Darrel Waltrip Richard Petty Rusty Awesome Bi

"Mike Collins" wrote in message ...
No one forces you to pay for Sky, I strongly object to paying for a
left wing organisation like the BBC to employ mainly useless failed
journalists. I don't object to providing state funding via a TV tax
to allow people to create public interest & minority programmes. I
just don't see why the BBC should have a monopoly on access to that
money.

Martin

As I have already pointed out I am forced to pay for Sky and all other
commercial TV by the advertising stealth tax on almost anything I buy. The
BBC did show the x-files to it's eternal disgrace but hasn't shown the
apalling Fox TV moon hoax programme as news.. Left wingers thin the BBCis
right wing, right wingers think the BBC is left wing - a good sign that it's
political stance is correct.

You can spend hundreds of pounds year on a Sky subscription but don't force
me to pay for your crap TV by taxing my purchases.

Wouldn't it just be better to ditch the annual TV license fee in favor
of a single excise tax (at the point of purchase) on not only all new
TVs bought at electronics stores, but also on all used TVs bought at
pawn shops and flea markets (garage/yard sales being exempted)?