Meade 10x50 Binoculars

Old April 28th 05, 05:22 PM
Holly in France

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:10:08 GMT, Mark Ayliffe wrote:

On or about 2005-04-28,
mutt illuminated us with:
I had a pair of 8x40`s before and these 10x50`s are significantly better.
According to the manual (booklet !!!)
The Field Of Vision is 114M at 1000M.
They have BaK4 glass (barium soda-lime glass) giving clear and true colour
image.
Fully coated lens (Aluminium coating) blue hue on lens.
Long eye relief so are suitable for people who wear glasses.

They come with a carrying strap and a niceish case.
For £14.99 I think they are great value. The moon looked great the other
night.

Presumably these are they: http://tinyurl.com/83ee9

The description looks to me to be right, but the picture doesn't match the
ones I bought, not quite. Maybe Lidl bought up an older model or a European
version and the differences are just cosmetic? For instance, on the pic the
mount screw cover is different and the 'finger notches' on the top aren't
the same. Also, on the pic in your link, there is a small blueish button
type thing (logo?) on the top, on the right hand side, and two round
dimples behind it. Mine have a plainer logo and Meade instead. But I think
they are much the same product. More details of the ones you found at:

http://www.binoculars.com/products/M...iew_32916.html

What do others think?

--
Holly, in France
Holiday home in Dordogne
Old April 28th 05, 08:16 PM
Holly in France

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:28:55 +0200, James Coates wrote:

Holly in France wrote:

anyway I don't think I'm quite James' type somehow :-)

Crikey. You've been reading my web page, haven't you? ;-)

Twas in your sig, how could I possibly resist? ;-) Bet you've looked at
mine too! Just think what poor Martin is missing......

Old April 28th 05, 08:30 PM
Martin

"Mark Ayliffe" wrote in message
On or about 2005-04-28,
mutt illuminated us with:
I had a pair of 8x40`s before and these 10x50`s are significantly better.
According to the manual (booklet !!!)
The Field Of Vision is 114M at 1000M.
They have BaK4 glass (barium soda-lime glass) giving clear and true
colour
image.
Fully coated lens (Aluminium coating) blue hue on lens.
Long eye relief so are suitable for people who wear glasses.

They come with a carrying strap and a niceish case.
For £14.99 I think they are great value. The moon looked great the other
night.

Presumably these are they: http://tinyurl.com/83ee9

--
Mark

Yes, the only difference (at least on mine) is the cover for the tripod
screw is black not coloured as in the picture. Picked up a second set as
well (for the car) As of course its now cloudy, I can't really give them a
try, but they seem to be well made.

Martin

Old April 28th 05, 11:45 PM
James Coates

Holly in France wrote:

anyway I don't think I'm quite James' type somehow :-)

Crikey. You've been reading my web page, haven't you? ;-)

Twas in your sig, how could I possibly resist? ;-) Bet you've looked at
mine too! Just think what poor Martin is missing......

If he Googles for "James, Gin Whore Limoges" (a bit like Diana, Princess of
Wales but with less dignity when not sober) I think he'll get a suitably
comprehensive idea ...

James.
xx