Campaign for Dark Skies

Old August 11th 04, 03:56 PM
Andrew Urquhart

*Martin Brown* wrote:
To my north we have Middlesborough city and Teesside industrial
complex where there is a truly massive light dome.

http://a-bainbridge.members.beeb.net...er_teeside.jpg
--
Andrew Urquhart
- Contact me: http://andrewu.co.uk/contact/

Old August 13th 04, 09:03 AM
Chris.B

Pete Lawrence wrote in message . ..

We've just come back from a week in a little cottage near
Pontrhydygroes. I was astounded to see the potentially very dark
skies interrupted by a bridge illuminating street light and the
nearest house sporting a dark-busting security light. In such a
remote village with hardly an inhabitant or car in sight at night,
this was a bit sad to see.

I'm more astounded that you could actually see anything but clouds! Or
was "potentially" a teaser?

Drowned rats and camping come to mind every time I think of Wales.
Much the same as Dorset, Devon and Cornwall really. But without the
hurricane force winds so common at the end of July beginning of
August.
We were once the only tent left on a huge site after one week-long
storm. The manager was so impressed he offered us B&B free of charge!
For some reason I felt it necessary to explain that we were dropped
off by my parents who lived 100 miles away. That was before
storm-chasing became a popular hobby of course. ;-)

Clear, dark skies & tight guylines!

Chris.B
Old August 13th 04, 09:57 PM
Grimble Gromble

"Jeremy Taylor" wrote in message
om...
(Das) wrote in message

. com...
Most of you will have heard of the Campaign for Dark Skies - a
campaign to put a halt to light-pollution (wasted light which destroys
our view of the night sky
whilst wasting money and making our street unnessesarily dim!).

Please see the CfDS website for more details at:
http://www.dark-skies.org

Can you all PLEASE do me a favour and support the Campaign for Dark
Skies campaign on the BBC iCan website at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/ican/G630

Please go to that page, and click the "support" button (only takes a
few minutes).

Well - I tried to register and I've now waited 24 hours for the
'confirmation email' but so far nothing. So I can't vote.

I feel disenfranchised.

It told me I'd already voted!
Grim