The smell of space

Old July 25th 12, 11:30 PM posted to sci.space.station
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default The smell of space

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/07/25/...tal/?hpt=hp_t3

What does it smell like?

Old July 26th 12, 06:13 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

I heard an on orbit interview on this from some spacewalkers just in from a
eva a while ago. They seemed to say it smelt like hot things smell and there
was a hint of that smell you get from ionised air. However one assumes the
'smell' being described is in fact the smell given off by the space suits
when they are pulled back in after being outside. How can you have a smell
when there is no atmosphere.
Brian

Email:

m...

Old July 27th 12, 02:33 PM posted to sci.space.station
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message ...

The title is a bit misleading. I mean after all, as you say, not only can't
you have a smell without an atmosphere, you won't last long not smelling the
lack of atmosphere. ;-)