Singularities

Old April 2nd 10, 10:28 PM posted to sci.space.science
[email protected]

Default Singularities

Do they exist anywhere other than in the center of black holes?

Old April 3rd 10, 11:51 PM posted to sci.space.science
delt0r

On Apr 2, 11:28 pm, wrote:
Do they exist anywhere other than in the center of black holes?

That depends on the definition, either yes or not even in a black
hole.

Since many think "singularities" in the physical sense is just an
artifact of math. i.e. General relativity breaks down at this point
and you don't get a real singularity. This could mean that to an
observer falling into a black hole would only fall for a finite amount
of time, and be crushed to a finite volume. However this volume could
be the order of a Planck length in size and nothing would look
different to an observer on the outside. i.e. You still have an event
horizon at the same place. i.e. it still looks like a "singularity"
from the outside.

greg

Old April 5th 10, 12:40 PM posted to sci.space.science
[email protected]

I have almost no sci background, so I'll just try to show my confusion.
I believe in the big bang, which some say was caused be the explosion of
a singularity. On a Sci Chan program, somebody said that black holes
have a singularity at the center. How could a singularity in a black
hole exist before space-time? How could the explosion escape the black
hole? Could another universe be produced if a currently existing
singularity exploded? Please put any response in layman's terms.
Thanks.

Old November 25th 11, 07:32 AM
Brian69 Brian69 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Do they exist anywhere other than in the center of black holes?
I don't think a black hole is a singularity as described in wikipedia.

My speculation on a singularity,
Consider the singularity of a black hole, to get there you must travel a vortex that will get you moving faster than "visible" light, oh, and the path gets narrower like a funnel, so you will burst down to the size of the funnel mouth. Then the flow of particles(tiny but with immense force)......

As they all formed in the same direction due to the vortex like with magnetism their force would be aligned.
So they are deposited onto the core which rotates on the same 2d plane as the vortex but in the opposite direction, the mass build up creates greater pressure in a pole axis that runs through the core perpendicular to rotational plane. The particles being compressed eventually burst again and that is the high energy flares on the poles.

Last edited by Brian69 : November 26th 11 at 01:44 PM.