ASTRO: Scopes of Stellafane 07: 16-inch Dob

Old September 1st 07, 11:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Scopes of Stellafane 07: 16-inch Dob

This ATM scope was a winner in prior years. This year it was set up right
next to my scope. The scope featured an attached laptop running a
planetarium program (but it's not GoTo), and more fans than a hover-craft.
Also the spherical primary is warped into a parabola using mechanical force.
It held its shape without adjustment both nights. For some strange reason
(to me anyway) the owner and his buddies spent at least 2 hours looking at
Neptune and it's moon Triton. "Yes I see it!" "Let me see.....", etc.
Personally I'd use such a beautiful scope under such dark sky looking for
nebulae and star clusters!!

George N

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version