Why we need Sky Pixies

Old June 14th 07, 02:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

Default Why we need Sky Pixies

"greysky" wrote, as reposted by NB:

[...]

This brings me back to my original point. We need to understand the double
slit experiment. Ironically, it can be done by using the enemy's tactics.
By introducing a basic fundamental particle called the 'imaginary
particle', we fight fire with fire, and can actually make the results of
the N-slit experiment so conceptually understandable that even an
elementary school student could understand it. Using imaginary particles
to describe motion makes quantum physics almost classical once more, and
removes this 'central mystery' Feynman speaks of. Indeed, it opens up
understanding into many other presently 'unknowable' phenomena. More
importantly, it shows why the maths have worked up to now, and where they
will begin to fail in the future if we do nothing to change our present
course, sailing blithely into ignorance.

As a follow - up to my original posting, this article at Physorg.com shows
how special classifications of imaginary particles are being sought by
researchers and theoreticians:

http://www.physorg.com:80/news100753984.html

Particle interaction with unparticle stuff would appear to have missing
energy and momentum distributions. Additionally, unparticle stuff would be
scale invariant, and will interact weakly with particle stuff. Unparticle
stuff would appear to be a subcategory of my imaginary particles
classification.

Quote (Howard Georgi):
"An interesting result of my analysis is that such a distribution for a
process that produces unparticles looks like the distribution for a
fractional number of massless particles," he added. "This is weird, but it
follows very simply from the scale invariance of the unparticles. It is the
first glimmer of an answer to the question of how unparticles begin to show
up." Unquote.

This is almost exactly the description of how an imaginary particle such as
the imaginary electron will behave in a N-slit experiment. A real electron
producing N- fractional representatives when it encounters the slits is
exactly Georgi's description of an unparticle generator. Very interesting,
and it's what I've been saying since the 1990's. Special thanks to the
nightbat for providing the above link.

Here's a cutesy-cute, duckie level 'toon depicting the dual-slit
experiment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc

It couldn't be that the dual-slit experment demonstrates the obvious
now, could it.. namely, the intrinsically nonlocal/holographic nature
of the spatial medium itself?
As if to pique the irony, the old Pixie dude
concludes by asking "waves of What?"
What indeed? Why, "nothing" of course, under the void-
space paradijjm. :-)
oc