Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old June 22nd 15, 09:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Monday, June 22, 2015 at 11:03:52 AM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Another nice day here in Gresham. 64F as of 10:45 AM with sunny skies. Expected high 81F. It's been a long dry spell in the usually rainy month of June. It means drought, I suppose. The last time I remember a year so filled with sunshine was I think 1977, when our Blazers won the championship! I remember a guy I worked with, who had just moved up from California early in the year, remarked late in the fall, "They say it rains a lot in Oregon, but since I've been here, I haven't seen in rain yet!" That year our spring water supply went dry.

The Oregon Grapes are ripe now for me to snack on and get some vital vitamin C. It is convenient that they plant them along the streets as landscape shrubbery. I'm the only one who eats them. I tried some burdock leaves from a vacant lot next door, cooking them first. The edible weed guides say they are edible, but they were way too bitter for my taste! Supposedly the roots taste better.

I ate a couple of yams last night. Do they count as sweet potatoes?

Double-A

AA rams+carrots+MSP = faster replacing cells.Mix together its good eating.. Just came back seeing that 4 bedroom house.Its in La Mirvada and that is 20 miles free-way driving.and that is the reason I might pass.M&M needs me,and that comes first. I let it stay open,and might stay there on weekends ???? Warm sunny NO RAIN Bert
Old June 22nd 15, 10:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, June 22, 2015 at 1:05:39 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

A weekend pad is cool. With benefits?

We are heading into a warming trend this week. Summer is here! Could be triple digit temps by week's end!

I have carrots too.

Double-A

Old June 23rd 15, 05:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

AA Going to pass on that free 4 room house.#1 reason the 83 year old lady that owns it has dimentia.Its a case of the daughter wanting me to take care of her.and I get free room and board. They thought I was retired.They are very nice people.House was very nice. I told them I would think it over. Mother needs a 24 hour nurse. Bert
Old June 23rd 15, 06:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 9:03:18 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Yes, your corporation comes first. The filters must be made.

Nice day here in Gresham. Currently sunny and 64F as of 10:15 AM PDT. Expected high of 84F later. Anticipating up to 101F by Saturday!

The news says that Walmart is no longer going to sell Confederate flags and Confederate flag belt buckles! Makes me wonder what other dubious items Walmart has been peddling? Nazi flags? Commie flags? Black flags of anarchy? Klan sheets and hoods? Anything for a buck, I suppose!

Double-A

Old June 23rd 15, 09:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

AAWeather staying in the 80s At Huntington Beach surfers set a Guinedss record as 66 people ride a wave on one big surf board WOW.Front page under this that is bad news "Big rig smashes 14 cars in Brea. Driver on drugs. No injury. Bert
Old June 23rd 15, 09:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 1:07:59 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Up to 76F here now. The perfect day. Looking around for book stores in the area. This library has the most dumbed down collection of books I've ever seen in a library. Hardly anything I can read that I would learn from.

Double-A

Old June 24th 15, 12:37 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

AA Walmarts in South will always show Confederate flags.Caps and T-Shirts. I sent my son a Confederate T-shirt I bought at my walmart in Anaheim.Its trivia stuff. My best bet is to take an offer on M&M. I'm at the end of being a business man.Its impossible to have it go like tupperwear I wish I could hear for just two months. Bert
Old June 25th 15, 02:13 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 4:37:46 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA Walmarts in South will always show Confederate flags.Caps and T-Shirts.. I sent my son a Confederate T-shirt I bought at my walmart in Anaheim.Its trivia stuff. My best bet is to take an offer on M&M. I'm at the end of being a business man.Its impossible to have it go like tupperwear I wish I could hear for just two months. Bert

Bert, I think it may be time for you to turn over the day to day management of M&M to a professional management team, and you stay on as Chairman Emeritus.

A beautiful day here in Gresham. Calm and sunny, though there were some morning clouds, and a few random drops of rain because of the incredibly high humidity. Now 84F as of 5:45 PM.

Hillary has thrown in her two cents against the confederate flag, however
https:

//www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja &uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fstream.org% 2Fclintons-history-confederate-flag%2F&ei=rVSLVbCnOc-roQS_yrfAAg&bvm=bv.96782255,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNFOI8-ajBRB3G4UGS4EMnHPeXHxoQ&ust=1435280483856564

Double-A

Old June 25th 15, 08:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

More sunshine here in Gresham. 80F here as of 12:30 PM, on its way to 92F later. All in all we have a roasting week ahead! But this library is well air conditioned.

This morning I took a bus down to the town of Troutdale at the confluence of the Sandy and Columbia Rivers. There is a factory outlet mall there with a bookstore called Book Warehouse. However, I couldn't find anything I really wanted to read there. There was also an inspirational bookstore there, but it was going out of business. This is the second bookstore I have seen go out of business lately. One right here in Gresham recently closed. And when I went to find one just north of here the other day, all I found was a shipping store post office box! Could be a trend.

Had lunch with Kim yesterday, and today she has promised to bring me some kimchi and other Korean food. It's good for the health.

Double-A

Old June 26th 15, 06:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

The heat is on! Currently 77F here in Gresham as of 10:30 AM, but later it is expected to reach 98F! I will hang out at this air conditioned library as long as possible, but unfortunately they close at 6 PM tonight.

Last night I met Kim at the MAX train station at 8 PM where she passed me enough Korean food to last me 3 days. Although she doesn't drink, she recommended I eat it with beer! I was happy to do that.

There is going to be a nude bike ride in downtown Portland today! They are protesting the use of fossil fuel for transportation. They couldn't have picked better weather for that!

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 07:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 03:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 03:44 PM