Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old April 21st 15, 07:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 8:45:22 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting.. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

AA LA has another dark morning,but sky clears by 11 am. No rain,Be at the hospital at 10am Today is the day of days for me. Its M&M or Hawaii.That April Fools day operation was a big mistake. Still I;m alive and kicking. TreBert

Maybe you're getting some of that smoke from northern California. There are some days I would try to avoid for doing anything important. April Fools Day is one, Friday the 13th is another, and also Halloween.

Cloudy skies here in Gresham as of 11:30 AM. Temp is 57F on its way up to only 61F. Chance of rain this evening. Yesterday was the warmest day yet, reaching nearly 80F!

I am reading Hermann Minkowski. He says that space and time as separate entities will fade away.

Double-A

Old April 23rd 15, 01:55 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Bert Is A Coward

On Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 3:01:16 PM UTC-7, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 4/21/15 2:54 PM, HVAC wrote:
On 4/21/2015 11:45 AM, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA LA has another dark morning,but sky clears by 11 am. No rain,Be at
the hospital at 10am Today is the day of days for me. Its M&M or Hawaii.

Bert is weaseling out of his sailing trip to Hawaii that he BRAGGED
about doing all ****ing winter long. Pussy.

He went on and on about how he "has a brave soul".
Now what will he say? What lie will he employ THIS time?

Bert, you are as low as whale ****.

When Bert was just a newlywed... His Jewish grandmother was giving
directions to Bert who is coming to visit with his wife.

"You come to the front door of the apartments, I am in apartment
301. There is a big panel at the front door. With your elbow, push
button 301. I will buzz you in. Come inside and the elevator is on
the right. Get in, and with your elbow, push 3rd Floor. When you get
out, I'm on the left. With your elbow, hit my doorbell. OK?"

"Grandma, say Bert, "that sounds easy, but, why am I hitting all
these buttons with my elbow?"

"What . .. . .. .. You're coming empty handed?"

I thought it was his grandfather who was Jewish. In the Jewish community that makes a big difference.

Some clouds, some sun in Gresham today. Dry. Cool. Temp 59F as of 5:30 PM PDT.

A preacher from the Powell Valley community just east of Gresham, who was also a cop in a nearby county, has just been charged with over 200 counts of child molestation! Just goes to show you can't trust those authority figures!

Had lunch with Kim today in a Gresham Chinese buffet restaurant. All we could eat!

Reading a book about Henri Poincare. He just happened to publish a Theory of Relativity 3 months before Einstein did! He was a genius at math, but being unable to draw made it hard for him in school. But he could write with both hands!

Double-A

Old April 23rd 15, 08:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A cold and cloudy day here in Gresham. A few light sprinkles. Temp 49F as of 12:45 PM on its way to only 51F.

Our false spring is over.

Double-A

Old April 23rd 15, 11:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 12:47:01 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
A cold and cloudy day here in Gresham. A few light sprinkles. Temp 49F as of 12:45 PM on its way to only 51F.

Our false spring is over.

Double-A

AA Past few days been cloudy but no rain. I have been wearing a light jacket and pants,but the natives are wearing T-shirts and shorts,and that"s at night.Since I can't go far from hospital, no matter for its lousy beach weather. TreBert
Old April 24th 15, 08:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 3:33:38 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
On Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 12:47:01 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
A cold and cloudy day here in Gresham. A few light sprinkles. Temp 49F as of 12:45 PM on its way to only 51F.

Our false spring is over.

Double-A

AA Past few days been cloudy but no rain. I have been wearing a light jacket and pants,but the natives are wearing T-shirts and shorts,and that"s at night.Since I can't go far from hospital, no matter for its lousy beach weather. TreBert

No shorts for me. Raining here now and only 52F as of 12:15 PM, and on its way to only 54F later.

Did you hear the news that to much vitamins might be bad for you? And just when I have finally started taking some vitamins again since I was in my 20's. My mother was a health fanatic, yet her life was short.

Double-A

Old April 24th 15, 10:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 3:33:38 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
On Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 12:47:01 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
A cold and cloudy day here in Gresham. A few light sprinkles. Temp 49F as of 12:45 PM on its way to only 51F.

Our false spring is over.

Double-A

AA Past few days been cloudy but no rain. I have been wearing a light jacket and pants,but the natives are wearing T-shirts and shorts,and that"s at night.Since I can't go far from hospital, no matter for its lousy beach weather. TreBert

AA Just started to rainWOW It stopped in two minutes.Playing pool all day for Buds.Its cool. Gave out my picture of BB with my equation.Getting people interested in Astronomy by showing m y picture scrape book.They like the picture of Earth taken on the Moon best. TreBert
Old April 24th 15, 10:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 12:24:58 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

AA B 12 fish oil and eat 5lb of MSP.Wash it down with Ocean Spray Cranberry.TreBert
Old April 25th 15, 12:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 2:08:26 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Continuing drizzle here. I need to work some salmon into my diet. Doc said I was low on that kind of "good cholesterol". Only wild salmon, preferably Chinook, is rich in the good fish oils. Farm raised salmon, forget it!

Double-A

Old April 25th 15, 06:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

Default @HVAC must take huge ****s, all the time.

On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 8:25:02 AM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:
"Jeff-Relf.Me" wrote in message
}...

@HVAC wrote:
Typical Harlow everyday diet:
Breakfast- Oatmeal, coffee, banana
Lunch- Sandwich, water
Dinner- Chicken and veggie stir fry, water
Desert- Orange or apple.
Eat this diet and you will become a sexual tyrannosaurus like me.

That's waaay too much fiber. @HVAC must take huge ****s, all the
time.

*** And what else did you expect from a huge asshole ???

He ****s a lot here too, I've noticed. I don't need sex to feel
good,
my ego is stronger than that. Basically, sex is a waste of money.

AA Salmon steak is one of my favorites when eating out.B 12 gives you energy.Fish oil for your heart.MSP for body cells. Eat less sugar. Watch out for salt.Less meat,and more veggies and fruit .Drink lots of water.Less white bread.Fiber 1 is good TreBert
Old April 25th 15, 07:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

Aa In Sat.paper HP laptop for $175 WOW They are coming way down,and no need to buy a signal. I love my Samsung,and its only a notebook .Its batteries last a long time between charges. Cool and no sun for 5 days.I miss the beach on weekends. TreBert

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 07:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 03:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 03:44 PM