Same attitude at the International Space University [was Cause of Columbia Shuttle Disaster.]

Old September 5th 03, 03:23 AM
SA Sam Thigpen

Default Same attitude at the International Space University [was Cause of Columbia Shuttle Disaster.]

wrote in message ...
I posted here last February, my opinion on what caused the Columbia
Shuttle disaster. I was pretty much 'right on the money', this article
verifies my points. I may have been wrong on some of the technical
information involving space flight, but my analysis that it was bad
management that contributed to the tragedy was 'right on the money'.
And I compared it to the last time we had a Shuttle disaster, 17 years
ago, when our other Space Shuttle, Challenger, blew up also, under
Reagan's watch.

I was roundly condemned by most of the people who responded to my post,
and I was even accused of being unpatriotic back then for questioning
O'Keefe's management, a Bush appointee. But now the truth comes out,
this article vindicates me. I was right. I'm always right.

I spent 7 months this year at the International Space University
dealing with the same insanity. Why is it the front page of the New
York Times and nearly every other newspaper and magazine notes the
obvious flaws in these organizations, yet they themselves are so blind
to it?

Maybe it's because all these groups were founded by a bunch of Nazis
lead by another bunch of fascists that have created enough destructive
weapons to eliminate our species many times over.

Peace,
Sam Thigpen
SA Thigpen KL1FE
http://sthigpen.freeshell.org
Old September 5th 03, 06:46 AM
George William Herbert

SA Sam Thigpen wrote:
[...]
I spent 7 months this year at the International Space University
dealing with the same insanity. Why is it the front page of the New
York Times and nearly every other newspaper and magazine notes the
obvious flaws in these organizations, yet they themselves are so blind
to it?

Maybe it's because all these groups were founded by a bunch of Nazis
lead by another bunch of fascists that have created enough destructive
weapons to eliminate our species many times over.

If I am reading what you wrote correctly, you have
just accused the founders of ISU of being fascists
and Nazis, as well as NASA.

Is that what you really meant to say, or did you just
phrase that badly?

Do you know who actually founded ISU?

-george william herbert

Old September 6th 03, 04:24 PM
SA Sam Thigpen

(George William Herbert) wrote in message ...
SA Sam Thigpen wrote:
[...]
I spent 7 months this year at the International Space University
dealing with the same insanity. Why is it the front page of the New
York Times and nearly every other newspaper and magazine notes the
obvious flaws in these organizations, yet they themselves are so blind
to it?

Maybe it's because all these groups were founded by a bunch of Nazis
lead by another bunch of fascists that have created enough destructive
weapons to eliminate our species many times over.

If I am reading what you wrote correctly, you have
just accused the founders of ISU of being fascists
and Nazis, as well as NASA.

Is that what you really meant to say, or did you just
phrase that badly?

Do you know who actually founded ISU?

I was not the refering the founders, and I am not refering to Clarke
either, who is the Chancellor of ISU, though you wouldn't ever guess
it judging from the mentality of the program towards ideas he applauds
(like new energy).

The school was founded over 15 years ago; I'd imagine a lot of this
was done in the spirit of glasnost, et al, which was just starting up,
....and they all seemed to be doing a cool thing in the name of
American entrepreneurship....

Unfortunately, labelling space as a "business" can most certainly lead
to disaster -- and I am not just refering to the easy write off scams
of the early eighties which operated under the guise of corny
aerospace breakthroughs and rehashing space colonization ideas from
the '70s.

When these "fascist" groups perceive a bizzare amount of power (like
control of the planet) to be up for grabs, they quickly run in and
attempt to run the show. This is what I experienced from day one at
ISU, and from what I understand has always been going on at NASA,
Russia (to a dramatic extent), and now, unfortunately, ESA. Most of
the "outside" people, new scientists, computer programmers, activists,
etc., who do international space are usually too intimidated to do
anything about it.

Old September 10th 03, 09:32 PM
SA Sam Thigpen

"HAESSIG Frédéric Pierre Tamatoa" wrote in message ...
SA Sam Thigpen a écrit dans le message :
(George William Herbert) wrote in message
SA Sam Thigpen wrote:
[...]
[...]

You seem to have had a very different experience of ISU that I had in 95-96.
Was it really that awful?

One of the thing I appreciated the most was how flexible the faculty was and
how willing to listen to our input. What exactly did happen to give you such
a bed view of ISU?

A lot has changed for the worse since '95-'96. That was around the
time when ARPA was canned (though now resurrected in freeware form
as SDF). Today there is little money for the space explorer without
getting mired in a system of war and fear.

I first went to ISU during '00-'01 while the United States was
experiencing a Coup d'Etat. The whole thing was so bad I had to drop
out. After realizing I wasn't going to get my 18kUSD back (I guess
no refunds is another Libertarian concept, unlike freedom of
speech) I decided to go back, mainly to use the facilities and to
get the word out when possible. The environment I experienced
was even worse than before. After sparking a debate about the
Columbia tragedy, I had students telling me what I could or
could not write in my emails. Gee, where have I heard that one
before?

I am not saying all is lost, the war is becoming more and more
unpopular in the US, there is an election around the corner, etc.

Old September 10th 03, 09:36 PM
SA Sam Thigpen

"HAESSIG Frédéric Pierre Tamatoa" wrote in message ...
SA Sam Thigpen a écrit dans le message :
(George William Herbert) wrote in message
SA Sam Thigpen wrote:
[...]
[...]

experiencing a Coup d'Etat. The thing was so bad I had to drop