Tempel 1 and Gaspra ????

Old June 10th 06, 01:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Default Tempel 1 and Gaspra ????

As I'm typing I'm looking at pictures I have of both,and they both look
like Mars moons. Mars moons are asteroids. Tempel 1 does not look like
a dirty snow ball. Its potato shaped,has dusty creators,and made of
rock. Structure wise it is hard for me to look at Tempel 1 and say its a
comet. Its nice to have close up pictures of both Deep impact probe of
Tempel 1,and Gaspra photographed by the Galileo spacecraft as it went by
in 1991. This has bothered me a lot. Can I say a rock asteroid and a
rock comet are physically the same? Bert

Old June 10th 06, 02:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
As I'm typing I'm looking at pictures I have of both,and they both look
like Mars moons. Mars moons are asteroids. Tempel 1 does not look like
a dirty snow ball. Its potato shaped,has dusty creators,and made of
rock. Structure wise it is hard for me to look at Tempel 1 and say its a
comet. Its nice to have close up pictures of both Deep impact probe of
Tempel 1,and Gaspra photographed by the Galileo spacecraft as it went by
in 1991. This has bothered me a lot. Can I say a rock asteroid and a
rock comet are physically the same? Bert

Analysis: Deep Impact Comet All Fluff
By Robert Roy Britt
Senior Science Writer
posted: 06 September 2005
01:05 pm ET

"The shape and surface features of the comet rammed this summer by
NASA's Deep Impact probe are quite different from the two other comets
whose cores have been studied, scientists said today.

Comet Tempel 1, hit in early July by an 820-pound probe, appears to be
coated with fine powder rather than solid ice and rock. The powder is
even finer than sand, scientists had reported shortly after the impact.

A thorough analysis confirms that and other preliminary conclusions
about the 7-mile-long icy world, which appears to be rather fluffy.

Weak and porous

The outer tens of meters (yards) of the comet is less strong than a
snow bank, said Deep Impact's Principal Investigator Michael A'Hearn,
an astronomer at the University of Maryland.

Still, the object's gravity holds it all together.

Dust emanates from the comet in frequent outbursts, likely a result of
being warmed by the Sun. The dust kicked up by the impact was not the
same as surface dust, but it spread through space and dissipated in a
manner similar to the natural outbursts.

While more analysis is needed, the interior is clearly different from
the surface.

Inside, the comet harbors a relatively high concentration of organic
compounds, the stuff from which life is made. The organics were more
prevalent during and after the outburst than the water and carbon
dioxide that routinely escape from the nucleus, or hard core of the
comet.

The results were presented to reporters in a teleconference today and
will be published later this week by the journal Science.

Comets are leftovers from the formation of the solar system. They're
frozen vaults of primordial material, stuff that escaped the
planet-formation process and therefore holds clues to what the raw
materials of Earth and other worlds was like.

Before Deep Impact, scientists had gotten close-up looks at the nuclei
of only two comets, Borelly and Wild 2. Tempel 1 is much different from
either of those, yet in the grand scheme it is likely still a garden
variety comet, A'Hearn and his colleagues said.

Snowy dirtball

In recent years, our impression of comets has shifted from dirty
snowballs to snowy dirtballs. That latter description holds true with
comet Tempel 1, A'Hearn said.

There is more dust than ice, A'Hearn said, but the ratio is less than
10-to-1. More significant to the new data is the revelation that
there's not much there.

"The comet is mostly empty," A'Hearn said, adding that it is probably
more than 75 percent porous with perhaps no solid core. Instead, it's
likely made of ice grains loosely packed through and through.

That conclusion would not alter how comets might have delivered water
and organic material to early Earth, A'Hearn said. One leading theory
for the formation of life on our planet holds that the raw material was
delivered by comets.

A'Hearn explained that when a comet plummets through the atmosphere, it
creates a shock wave in front. Such a shock wave, not a comet's
composition, is the primary factor that allows a large comet to make it
to the surface intact, delivering water and organics.

A'Hearn said scientists are still analyzing the chemicals that came out
of the Tempel 1, from ammonia and acetylene to hydrogen cyanide. None
of the molecules are different from what previous ground-based
observations had revealed, however.

Tempel 1 is also dotted with round depressions that the scientists
think are impact craters, which have not been seen before on comets."

http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...l1_update.html

Double-A

Old June 10th 06, 03:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Double-A wrote:
G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
[...]

So?

A " Dust Bunny " is less strong than a snow bank, too ...

A'Hearn explained that when a comet plummets through the atmosphere, it
creates a shock wave in front. Such a shock wave, not a comet's
composition, is the primary factor that allows a large comet to make it
to the surface intact, delivering water and organics.

Cough, cough ...

I wonder how A'Hearn knows this?

Cordially,

RL

Old June 10th 06, 05:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Raving Loonie wrote:
Double-A wrote:
G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
[...]

Interesting to think of a snow bank type comet "avalanching" towards
Earth!

Do you suppose that's what happened over Siberia?

Double-A

Old June 10th 06, 06:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Double-A Thank you so very much. Glad that impact information on Tempel1
is coming out. I just don'[t like looking at Tempel 1 with those
old dust filled craters. Some having crater holes within crater holes.
Yes the dust in my picture looks like moon dust.All solid rock objects
must have this fine powder on there surface. Armstrong's foot print was
the first thing we saw. Space dust must have been a lot thicker in the
past. Besides gravity,it being so fine it could have some molecular
binding even some static electromagnetiim. Space dust needs more
thinking about. Billions of years ago it might have even been to dense
for man made satellites?? Nice to know Tempel ! is showing us that
comets come in many structures. That makes things much clearer Bert

Old June 10th 06, 06:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy

RL and Double-A Glad RL you chocked a little on what A"Hearn came up
with. He is a laugh . First question I'd ask him is about the up front
shock wave.?? Have lots of others as well ??? I think he fudges a
lot Double-A What cause all that damage in Serberi had to been from
a very loose water comet that dissolved coming in,but the air shock wave
was the force that caused the explosion. Bert

Old June 10th 06, 07:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Mike A'Hearn is an astronomer who's done much research in these
topics, RL! If anyone'd know, he would.

Not everyone has the total lack of astronomical knowledge of a
WartHole, or BEERTbrain's very poor education in astronomy.

Saul Levy

On 10 Jun 2006 07:41:44 -0700, "Raving Loonie"

Old June 11th 06, 03:27 AM posted to alt.astronomy

I could just sit back and enjoy the spectacle...

Do you remember the names of the Japanese monsters?

I remember only Godzilla, Gamera and Gappa.

What are the others?

Old June 11th 06, 12:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy

well stupied fool I am still on topic... You Have Cometh's and
Monster... and the Monsters are many... as in that French/American
Movie... GODZILLA...

Well since you are too stupied, to give the answer, and do seach on
google... I shall my own questions .... Here I give you the list with
all Japeense Monsters and their names...

All-Terraintula: Huge spider robot built to destroy Godzilla

Ancient Onces: Ancient race of crystalline beings from Antarctica

Anguilas: Ankylosaurus mutated along with Godzilla

Anguirus: Russian monster with spiked back

Atragon: Super submarine with freezing gun

Axor: A huge cobra with hypnotic powers

Bagan: Legendary monster of the orient

Bagorah: A space monster who looks like a bat and has a sonic scream

Baragon: Dinosaur monster with fire breath

Baragon (new): Prehistoric beast from a Native American reserve

Barugon: Legendary jungle monster with rainbow beam and freezing spray

Battra: Life force of the Earth created this black Mothra

Batragon: A bat mutated by a fallen meteorite

Beta-Beast: An alien mollusk with poison thorns and fire breath

Biollante: Combination of a rose, a human, and godzilla

Biollanteghidora: Biollante's new form after a battle with Ghidora

Breeder Beast: A huge unstable protoplasm

Burtannus: An electrically charged creature living beneath a tropical
island

Centipor: A huge centipede mutated by a fallen meteor

Chimera: A mythical creature part lion, part goat, and part snake

Collossus: A huge robot made by Atlantians

Cybersaur: A golden dinosaur robot built by the U.S.A. to destroy
Godzilla

Cyborg Whale: A prototype submarine gone out of control

Cyclops: A giant monster who can turn invisible at will

Dagara: Undersea monster of pollution

Daicondor: Giant bird mutated by bomb factory waste

Daieel: A huge silver water snake resident of Dr. Who's island

Daifly: A fly made huge by a strange gas

Daimanta: A manta ray made huge by a strange kind of "super food"

Dairobot: The Beastie Boys' weapon of war against evil monsters

Daispider: A huge species of spider

Death Ghidora: An ancient three headed dragon awoken by a dark fairy

Destroyah: Precambrian crustacean mutated by the Oxygen Destroyer

Dianii: A pack of alien hunters with huge bodies

Earth Eater: A mole like beast

Ebirah: Giant shrimp mutated by bomb factory waste

Energy Beast: A centipede-like alien

Fire Bird: A red-orange bird who breaths fire

Fire Rodan: Huge mutated pterodanodon with oral ray

Frankenstein: A boy who ate a living heart grew gigantic and became
this

Gabera: Imaginary bully monster with electic grip

Gaila: A huge furry monster who lives in the sea

Gekido Jin: An ancient demon warrior with a huge hammer who cannot die

Gamera: Ancient species of turtle with fire breath and flying abilities

Gamera (new): Artificially created, uses plasma in a variety of attacks

Ganime: Tropical crab possessed by an evil alien entity

Gaos: Evil flying monster with yellow lazer weapon

Gappa: A family of huge bird-like monsters

Gezora: Squid possessed by an evil alien entity

Ghidora: Three headed space monster that can breathe lightning

Ghilaron: A huge eight-legged lizard mutated by a fallen meteor

Gigan: Space cyborg with buzz saw on chest and eye laser beam

Gigan (new): Cyborg created by the "Ancient Ones" to destroy Russia

Gimantis: Huge mantis mutated by scientific testing gone awry

Godzilla: Radioactive dinosaur, uses radiation in a variety of attacks

Godzilla (new): Lizard mutated by atom bomb test who can run fast

Godzillasaurus: Dinosaur that survived to the twentieth century

Golden Guardian: Metal creatures with eyebeams that make stuff gold

Gorgo: A protective mother dinosaur with big ears

Gorosaurus: Dinosaur that survived to the twentieth century

Guilala: Alien crystals merged to form this bug like monster

Guiron: Alien monster with knife-like head and throwing star
projectiles

Gyaos: Artificially created flying monster with yellow sonic weapon

Hedorah: Alien monster made of sludge and pollution

Hero Zero: Young boy with super power to change size at will

Inagos: A huge insect monster fortold in legend

Intergalactic: Huge octopus-headed, crab claw-handed monster

Jet Jaguar: Humanoid robot with siz-changing powers

Jiger: Legendary monster with stinging tail and chrystalized saliva

Junior: A young godzillasaurus mutated by radiation

Kamakuras: A praying mantis mutated by military testing

Kamakuras (other): A praying mantis mutated by a fallen meteorite

Kameba: Jungle tortoise possessed by an evil alien entity

Kamerus: A beast foretold on a strange slab of rock found in Japan

King Ghidora: Three headed offspring of nuclear test who can control
gravity

King Kong: Legendary giant ape who draws strength from electricity

King Seesar: Legendary lion guardian of ancient Japanese royal family

Krollar: An evil alien beast with burrowing powers

Kumonga: Spider mutated by military testing

Lava Monster: A family of huge lava-eating lizards

Legion: Silicon-based alien insects with laser weapons

Legion Plant: Huge flower that can create atomic explosians when
pollinated

Lepirax: A huge fly mutated by a fallen meteor

Lord Howe: An Australian crustacean monster genetically produced

Magma: A prehistoric walrus awakened by global warming

Magnetic Terror: A seaturtle monster who absorbs magnetism

Manda: Snake-God of a buried empire

Manda (new): Chinese dragon created by the "Ancient Ones" to destroy
China

Mecha Godzilla: Robot created by aliens for world domination

Mecha Godzilla (new): Robot built by USA and Japan to fight monsters

Mecha King Ghidora: Cyborg built in the 23rd century to fight Godzilla

Mecha King Ghidora (new): Cyborg built by a Mongol dictator bent on
world domination

Mechanikong: A robot created to capture King Kong

Megalon: A cyborg summoned to destroy the Earth by Seatopia

Megalon (new): Monster sent by "the Ancient Ones" to destroy South
America

Megavolt: A group of huge electric eels

Minya: Young radioactive animal adopted by Godzilla

MOGERA: Combination of two superweapons into a single vehicle

MOGUERA: Robot built by Russia to battle Anguirus

Moguera: A robot built by aliens to destroy Earth

Moonlode: A supercharged lunar alien

Mothra: Caterpillar mutated in atomic test

Mothra (new): Butterfly-like Goddess of an ancient civilization

Mothra (newest): Insect with miraculous powers recieved from a magic
tree

Oodaku: Giant octopus; a native species of Faroh Island

Power Dragon: A winged menace of a city in the clouds

Pulgasari: A North Korean horned monster

Rattler: A rattle snake made by military testing

Rhetosaurus: A quadroped dinosaur who survived to the twentieth century

Rhiahn: An evil alien cyborg with a buzz-saw like tail

Red Ronin: A huge robot built to battle Godzilla

Reptilicus: A snake monster capable of spitting acidic slime

Rodan: A prehistoric species of flying reptile

Rodan (new): A surviving pteranodon mutated by atomic testing

Rodan (newest): Legendary "Thunderbird" of the Eskimos

Sanda: A huge furry creature who lives in the mountains

Sasoori: A huge scorpion mutated by military testing

Seaweed Monster: A creature made of a ferocious species of seaweed

Soran: A legendary thunderbird

Space Godzilla: Alien cells mixed with Godzilla's to create him

Space Monster: A reddish creature who arrived in the late Cretacious

Spiga: Huge spider mutated in scientific testing gone awry

Stone Guardian: A magic creature with the ability to freeze things

Super Mecha Godzilla: Robot weapon created by Japan to destroy Godzilla

Super Godzilla: Entity created by mixing Ghidora and Godzilla cells

Titanosaurus: Dinosaur who survived to the twentieth century underwater

Triax: Evil alien beast with rocket powered feet

Varan: Evil monster who can glide like a flying squirrel

Varan (new): Prehistoric monster awakened near the end of the millenium

Varan (newest): A lizard mutated by military testing

Viras: Alien squid-like monster with sharp forehead

Watchuka: A huge abominable snowman

Yellowback: A snake mutated by military testing

Yetrigar: Huge bigfoot monster from America

Yongary: Cheap Godzilla ripoff monster

Zarkorr: A space monster with eye beams

Zigra: Shark-like alien bent on conquering the Earth

Beautifull movies... with Doom of Coffee boy's Monsters and some were
even killed with Meteors... I do not forget ofcourse the Emperor
Hirohito, the Sun God, he too is a Pre-historic Monster, Do Not Forget
This... Giant Birds are seen in the sky's, get ready.. they are coming
after your Kind...

http://www.fortunecity.com/tatooine/...201/Index.html