Beagle 3?

Old November 3rd 04, 08:10 PM
Ray Vingnutte

Default Beagle 3?

Old November 4th 04, 06:46 PM
Brilliant One

Great article, yes, on Beagle, too.

Surface tests
The landing craft carries a similar science package to Beagle 2. As with the
first lander, a robotic arm will open out to conduct surface tests.
Attached to the end of this arm is a Payload Adjustable Workbench (Paw) where
most experiments are situated. A gas analysis package (Gap) inside the lander
shell will test soil and rock for signs of microbial life.
Scientists have also been looking at so-called "life chips" that can detect
amino acids.
In October, the UK government said it would pay the £5m interim subscriptions
needed to maintain a premier position in Aurora.
This programme sets out a vision for Europe to visit the planets with robotic
probes and perhaps one day even with humans.
The original Beagle 2 was scheduled to put down in the Martian region of
Isidis Planitia on 25 December 2003. But despite many attempts to contact the
probe, it was never heard from.

Life chips?
A great idee fixe!
Those amino acids, yes,
They are our friends ~ neurotransmitters
They make: All Shining Stars!

“Have a good night!”
~ Benoît...

U2, Benoit!
Got balls?

~ Snip, snip~

In Previews,
Coming soon...

Shakespeare's Globe Theatre ~
West Edge Off Center ~

*A Morning Wood Production*

~ Now accepting reservations
For the Fall Season ~

"[Neuro] trans [Mission]: Impossible"

Just another Opera Verite ~

* Welcome ~
Those ever whacky, unpredictable
Sing Stars...*

!!The Neurotransmitters!!

~ Do wop, do wop ~

*round of applause*

~ Snip, snip ~

Doncha just love'm?
Can't live without'em!

Just a few players in our starting lineup of Stars...

Dopamine
Serotonin
Norepinephrine
Acetycholine
Glutamate
Gaba

"[Neuro] trans [Mission]: Impossible"

Pograme Note:
Act I.
The Challenge: Crossing the Synaptic Gap

NB. This tape will self-destruct when done. If you choose to accept this
mission, you will receive further directions
as time goes by...

* Neurons (nerve cells) are the "brains" of the nervous system.
* Neurotransmitters send chemical "messages" between neurons.
* Dopamine is a sample neurotransmitter that is useful in understanding
addiction.
* Other neurotransmitters can be compared to dopamine.
* Drugs interfere with neurotransmitters.

oz[one]

"Glinda came up a moment later, riding the still vigorous Saw-Horse; and having
unwound a slender golden thread from her girdle the Sorceress threw it over the
head of the panting and helpless Griffin, and so destroyed the magical power of
Mombi's transformation."

"The Marvelous Land of Oz"
-- Frank L. Baum

*2(2)
U2
me2*

"Sporting with her infamy, the lost and desperate creature had embroidered the
fatal token in scarlet cloth, with golden thread and the nicest art of
needlework; so that the capital A might have been thought to mean Admirable, or
anything rather than Adulteress."

From "Twice Told Tales"
-- Hawthorne, Nathaniel

_______
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo"http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo/A

Old November 4th 04, 06:56 PM
Opera Maestro

....just hang tuff
baby!