Elon Musk other ideas:)

Old July 25th 13, 12:57 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Robert Love

Default Elon Musk other ideas:)

On 2013-07-21 21:12:41 +0000, jacob navia said:

3) Security; Train accidents here in Europe are very rare. Much
lower than cars or busses.

But they do happen, as in today. 45 Killed, hundreds hurt in a Spanish
accident.

Sympathies go out to the families of the victims.

Old July 26th 13, 09:28 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_2_]

In article ,
says...

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message
MicroPlanet Gravity is a free Usenet News program. The quoting style is
exactly what you see me using. Eternal September is a free Usenet News
Server, so it costs just as little as Google.
Jeff
--

Thanks for that info. I hadn't heard of the free news server
eternal-september.org before. I'm using it now.

It seems to work fine for me. There are occasional hick-ups of the
server, but since it's free, I can't complain much.

BTW, my news reader when it pulls up a response window always puts the
quoted text below the space where I'm going to type in a response post. I've
been cutting and pasting my response below the quoted text. Is this common
for news readers?

The quoting style I use is typical of "old style" newsreaders. That
style has always been considered proper Netiquette for Usenet News.

Zen and the Art of the Internet - Usenet News - Quoting
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject...0_6.html#SEC51

I believe that MicroPlanet Gravity uses this style of quoting by
default. I've also got it set up to display all text in a "fixed width
font" since I also like to read my news like it's on an old ASCII dumb
terminal. :-)

By the way, the publication "Zen and the Art of the Internet" is one,
very old, resource which has a wealth of information about Netiquette.

Zen and the Art of the Internet - Usenet News - Quoting
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject...0_6.html#SEC51

Table of contents he

Zen and the Art of the Internet
A Beginner's Guide to the Internet, First Edition, January 1992
by Brendan P. Kehoe
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject...n-1.0_toc.html

This came out about 4 years after I first started using Usenet News.

Jeff