first good piggyback

Old July 21st 03, 05:03 AM
Matt

Default first good piggyback

I just thought I would post the link to the first piggybacked photo that
I am actually pleased with. Any constructive critisism would be
appreciated because much of what I have read on this forum has been
helpful so far.

http://members.cox.net/astrofile/aquila-scutum/

--matt

Old July 21st 03, 05:34 AM
Etok

"Matt" wrote in message
I just thought I would post the link to the first piggybacked photo that
I am actually pleased with. Any constructive critisism would be
appreciated because much of what I have read on this forum has been
helpful so far.

http://members.cox.net/astrofile/aquila-scutum/

--matt

Nice. Especially considering the location. Arcata can be very opaque in
summer.
Take 'em to Kinkos and have some posters made.
They're wonderful.

Etok
(4 hours south on route 1)

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old July 21st 03, 02:23 PM
Howard Lester

Pretty nice, but the tracking is off. All the stars are distended
vertically. I don't know what causes that specifically.

Howard Lester

Old July 21st 03, 04:02 PM
Phil Wheeler

Matt wrote:
I just thought I would post the link to the first piggybacked photo that
I am actually pleased with. Any constructive critisism would be
appreciated because much of what I have read on this forum has been
helpful so far.

http://members.cox.net/astrofile/aquila-scutum/

Very nice. Did you do guiding or just let the scope mount run in RA?

Phil

Old July 21st 03, 06:09 PM
BenignVanilla

"Etok" wrote in message

"Matt" wrote in message
I just thought I would post the link to the first piggybacked photo that
I am actually pleased with. Any constructive critisism would be
appreciated because much of what I have read on this forum has been
helpful so far.

http://members.cox.net/astrofile/aquila-scutum/

--matt

Nice. Especially considering the location. Arcata can be very opaque in
summer.
Take 'em to Kinkos and have some posters made.
They're wonderful.

Yes, and tell us the cost...I am in for one...

BV.

Old July 21st 03, 08:06 PM
Matt

The camera was piggybacked on my Meade ETX-70AT ontop of a homemade
wedge. For this picture I just let the scope track without any help
from me. This particular scope is not really cut out for accurate deep
sky tracking, but next time I might try for a longer exposure and some
guiding through the eyepiece.

--matt