Monitoring ISS Air-to-Ground

Old April 19th 04, 01:23 PM
bob haller

Default Monitoring ISS Air-to-Ground

My butt.

They are purely hypothetical. But you've basically said that we MUST
immediately perform an EVA to investigate the sounds. But you're not
willing to actually justify it. I'm asking you, if those were the numbers,
would you still be so singlemindedly insisting on an immediate EVA?

If a fatal space walk is 1 in 10,000 thatrs pretty bad. of course the

shuttles
safety record is way worse.

True. But the powers that be have determined that risk is worth the
rewards. Is the risk of an EVA worth the reward? What are the odds of them
finding anything?

The bottom line, the risk that not looking, afterr having scherduled a look
will be a PR disaster if something bad occurs....

Besides, when dealing with a unknown major noise thats repetive better safe
than sorry shopuyld be the mantra/

BTW nowhere did I recommend a will nilly rush out the hatch. Just a pre planned
spacewalk completing the one cut short by the suit troubles. Well before next
july
:
:
:
My opinion is right
Old April 20th 04, 02:49 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"bob haller" wrote in message

The bottom line, the risk that not looking, afterr having scherduled a

look
will be a PR disaster if something bad occurs....

No one has said they aren't looking.

Besides, imagine the PR disaster if they went out there, a face mask fogs
off, the cosmonaut fails to clip in correctly and floats off.

Hey, at least he didn't die in the module as a result of a non-existant air
leak in the module. I'm sure the family would appreciate that.

Good PR.

Besides, when dealing with a unknown major noise thats repetive better

safe
than sorry shopuyld be the mantra/

Exactly. Better to be SAFE than sorry.

BTW nowhere did I recommend a will nilly rush out the hatch. Just a pre

planned
spacewalk completing the one cut short by the suit troubles. Well before

next
july

Which given the evidence is pretty willy-nilly.

:
:
:
My opinion is right

And your good sense has left.

Old April 22nd 04, 11:45 AM
bob haller

No one has said they aren't looking.

They havent been outside looking at that module.....

Besides, imagine the PR disaster if they went out there, a face mask fogs
off, the cosmonaut fails to clip in correctly and floats off.

Dying ion any fashion is bad news. But not looking at all possible sources for
a noise in inexcusable..

Oh well now that this topic has been beat to death I have a new one thats lots
more fun

See the shuttle board, its a interesting one
:
:
:
My opinion is right
Old April 23rd 04, 02:03 PM
bob haller

And have you sent in your analysis and position on this matter, a dissenting
opinion, to the decision makers?

I have provided you with the information on how to do this.

Why do you refuse to even answer this simple question?

That appears a link for employees of the agency, a official channel. Thats why
I hadnt used it.

If I had contacted them about photos of columbia the day of launch would they
have cared or listened.

:
:
:
My opinion is right
Old April 23rd 04, 10:44 PM
Richard Cochran

Default The Testimony of ISS Flight Director Bob Haller (was Monitoring ISS Air-to-Ground)

jeff findley wrote in message ...
Unfortunately, Bob Haller seems to be a one trick pony.

I wonder if he applies the same shotgun approach to any sort of
problem solving.

I suspect any time he feels a little ache, he insists on having
his doctor perform exploratory surgery to determine the cause.
Sure, it could of been indigestion from that spicy food, but
then it might of been stomach cancer or severe internal
bleeding. Better to operate now and find out for sure!
Are you saying surgery is too dangerous? If it is, those
doctors have no business working in the hospital.

--Rich