OT- the election

Old November 4th 04, 11:37 PM
Wpai

In my opinion the American voters made a "no decision" decision by
re-electing Bush. Voting for Kerry would mean there was going to change some
things.
This is IMO a normal reaction in a (more or less) crisis situation. Stay
with the things you know rather than take more risks.

"Scott Hedrick" schreef in bericht
.. .

"Wpai" wrote in message
Wasn't there a NASA credo "Better no decision than te wrong decision"?

That might work for NASA, but it's lousy for running a country.

Old November 5th 04, 01:45 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Wpai" wrote in message
In my opinion the American voters made a "no decision" decision by
re-electing Bush.

Fortunately, in America you're entitled to your opinion, even when it's
clearly wrong.

This is IMO a normal reaction in a (more or less) crisis situation. Stay
with the things you know rather than take more risks.

And voting for Kerry would have increased the risks in a great many areas,
with little or no tangible benefits. The risk/benefits ratio is better in
the lottery.

So, when do we start the fund for Alec Baldwin's plane ticket?

Old November 9th 04, 10:07 PM
Hop David

OM wrote:

G. Lee
One of Canada's few remaining hippies

He has a guy that stands behind him with a pair of pliers to help him
reach those high notes. With a little helium he could communicate with bats.

--
Hop David
http://clowder.net/hop/index.html

Old November 10th 04, 01:35 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Wpai" wrote in message
In my opinion the American voters made a "no decision" decision by
re-electing Bush.

Fortunately, in the United States, you're entitled to your opinion even when
it's wrong. To vote *requires* a decision be made. It's not possible to vote
without making a decision.

Voting for Kerry would mean there was going to change some things.

Which isn't the same thing as improving them.

This is IMO a normal reaction in a (more or less) crisis situation.

I'm not in a crisis. The United States isn't in a crisis. Are you?

Stay
with the things you know rather than take more risks.

Since staying with Bush is even more risky, your whole premise falls apart.

Old November 11th 04, 01:41 AM
Terrell Miller

"Scott Hedrick" wrote in message

I'm not in a crisis. The United States isn't in a crisis. Are you?

erm, you don't consider war a "crisis"?

--
Terrell Miller

"But. this scam fooled so many white liberals because white liberals don't
really think much about nonwhites. They just think about all the ways they
are superior to conservative whites!"
-- Steve Sailer on the election IQ scam

Old November 11th 04, 05:10 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Terrell Miller" wrote in message
erm, you don't consider war a "crisis"?

I looked out the window and didn't see any sign of war.

The United States isn't at war. Our military is. The US would be at war when
it was necessary for civilians to make sacrifices and share the burden in
ways other than paying taxes. Have you seen any war bonds sold lately?

The US was at war in WW2. We haven't been at war since then.

Election Day Double-A Misc 4 November 2nd 04 09:27 PM
Election seats Remy Villeneuve History 8 June 2nd 04 04:54 AM