Lunar Broadband

Old April 28th 15, 03:46 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Default Lunar Broadband

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 4:37:37 PM UTC+12, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Mookie demonstrates once again his mental defects....

William Mook wrote:

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 1:35:23 AM UTC+12, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

On Monday, April 27, 2015 at 2:53:03 PM UTC+12, Fred J. McCall wrote:
William Mook wrote:

Yet, since you mentioned Ebola outbreak I must report here what others are reporting - namely Ebola is a product of US military research and that the recent outbreaks were a test of the new rules and procedures put in place post-911. So, any national emergency involving outbreaks like Ebola solidifies vast new powers put in place, and once solidified, like the acceptance of Executive Orders following the Civil War, or acceptance of the Sedition Act following World War 1, which were only an emergency measure at the time, and have since become standard operating procedure.

http://english.pravda.ru/science/ear...ical_weapon-0/

Ah, the insanity that is Mookie!

There is no truth in Truth, you stupid mook.

You are the one ignoring facts sir.

No, I'm the one ignoring the disinformation.

No, you're the one accepting the disinformation and ignoring reality.

You're the conspiracy
theory nutter.

No, the term conspiracy theory was promoted by the CIA following the JFK assassination to marginalize people who asked questions about the coverup.

Are there ANY conspiracy theories that you don't buy
into?

The ones you obviously believe in.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine

You are the one who is controlled and operating under a wide range of illusions.

I am not.

That is why I appear mad to you. Its a reflection of your own madness.

Edward Bernays wrote a book in 1928 called "Propaganda". Get a copy. Read it. I've provided links below.

In it Bernays describes how to use the then recently invented psychotherapy of his uncle, Sigmund Freud, to persuade people on the basis of emotion rather than logic and self interest.

This provided a deep challenge to the concepts of government upon which a democratic republic rests. Some, like the NAZIs, embraced these changes. Others, like Bertrand Russel, did not.

Bernays' first client was Lorillard Tobacco. Which is appropriate since Lorillard helped found the US Republic, and by this act helped end it.

Bernays was so successful with his "torches of freedom" campaign, he garnered the attention of GM, who sought to challenge Ford's dominance in the market at that time.

GM sold cars by giving them feminine names and appealing to the male subconscious desire for a mistress. This is where the words, "isn't she a beauty!" were promoted with this intent. As a result GM became the heartbeat of America after that, and Ford, stuck in the 19th century a second tier brand to GM.

This all before World War 2.

The success of the Bernays technique interested Walter Lippman in Propaganda, and he used it to promote FDR and his programs in the 1930s, leading to a rout of more conservative politicians in Washington and the rise of centralized government on a scale unprecedented in US history. And to four terms for FDR.

This gave rise to the politics and industrial structure of our present age.

As a result, your reality is shaped for you by the media and your government.

This is a scientific dictatorship that can be traced back to the ideas of Plato's Republic. You may recall, since you are college educated, that in Plato's Republic artisans were so important to the ruling class that they were forever made dependent on them.

Which has been the case throughout history. The starving artist seeks a patron for this reason. So that the patron can control the range of enthusiasms engaged in by the many.

Yet, the recent Sony hacks indicate that control today is even more direct and scientific than we ever imagined, with CIA psyops officers writing lines for our movies as well as our nightly news.

Of course the government controls FCC licenses as well as school funds and so exercises significant control over every aspect of the growth maturation and development of those who attend public school and rely upon the public purse for their livelihood.

Like Paddy Chayefski's character, Howard Beale says in the movie Network,

Howard Beale: [laughing to himself] But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell. We'll tell you that, uh, Kojak always gets the killer, or that nobody ever gets cancer at Archie Bunker's house, and no matter how much trouble the hero is in, don't worry, just look at your watch; at the end of the hour he's going to win. We'll tell you any **** you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here. You're beginning to think that the tube is reality, and that your own lives are unreal. You do whatever the tube tells you! You dress like the tube, you eat like the tube, you raise your children like the tube, you even *think* like the tube! This is mass madness, you maniacs! In God's name, you people are the real thing! *WE* are the illusion! So turn off your television sets. Turn them off now. Turn them off right now. Turn them off and leave them off! Turn them off right in the middle of the sentence I'm speaking to you now! TURN THEM OFF.... , "

Now, this is an accessible quote written by a fabulous writer to communicate to everyone something they need to consider to live their lives free of unwanted influence.

Less accessible, but no less important, are the writings of Zbigniew Brzezinski who writes largely for the ruling class.

From Between Two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era;

"The technotronic era involves the gradual appearance of a more controlled society. Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen and maintain up-to-date complete files containing even the most personal information about the citizen. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities. "

and

"In the technotronic society the trend would seem to be towards the aggregation of the individual support of millions of uncoordinated citizens, easily within the reach of magnetic and attractive personalities exploiting the latest communications techniques to manipulate emotions and control reason."

This written in 1983

http://www.amazon.com/Between-Two-Ag.../dp/0313234981

http://www.amazon.com/Propaganda-Edw...d_bxgy_b_img_y

This 'scientific dictatorship' was discussed by serious thinkers throughout the course of the 20th century. More here.

https://www.corbettreport.com/interv...james-corbett/

Who are these folks? The rulers of the scientific dictatorship of today? Well, they're outlined in the book "Anglo American Establishment" by historian Carroll Quigley.

You need read no further than the preface to understand who the 'elite' are - specifically and by name.

http://www.carrollquigley.net/pdf/Th...ablishment.pdf

So, you are the one who is controlled and operating under a wide range of illusions.

I am not. That is why I appear mad to you. Its a reflection of your own madness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ4SSvVbhLw
Old April 28th 15, 10:23 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 11:38:14 AM UTC-4, Fred J. McCall wrote:
So now Mookie reaches back through several levels of article (note the
depth of quoting on what I wrote) in order to engage in yet more
paranoid loony Mookspew...

William Mook wrote:

[...]

From Between Two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era;

[...]

My comments are based on fact. Your comments not so much.

Old April 30th 15, 06:59 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 3:02:03 PM UTC+12, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...
You are the one who is controlled and operating under a wide range of illusions.

I am not.

That is why I appear mad to you. Its a reflection of your own madness.

You sound like Ren in Space Madness.

The fact your thoughts are constrained by what you saw on the television as a young person prove that you are still responding to shadows on the wall of the cave. Read Plato's Republic - especially about the allegory of the cave.

Socrates begins by asking Glaucon to imagine a cave where people have been imprisoned from childhood. These prisoners are chained so that their legs and necks are fixed, forcing them to gaze at the wall in front of them and not look around at the cave, each other, or themselves.

Behind the prisoners is a fire, and between the fire and the prisoners is a raised walkway with a low wall, behind which people walk carrying objects or puppets "of men and other living things". The people walk behind the wall so their bodies do not cast shadows for the prisoners to see, but the objects they carry do ("just as puppet showmen have screens in front of them at which they work their puppets".

The prisoners cannot see any of this behind them and are only able to see the shadows cast upon the cave wall in front of them. The sounds of the people talking echo off the shadowed wall, and the prisoners falsely believe these sounds come from the shadows.

Socrates suggests that the shadows constitute reality for the prisoners because they have never seen anything else; they do not realize that what they see are shadows of objects in front of a fire, much less that these objects are inspired by real living things outside the cave.

Socrates then supposes that one prisoner is freed, being forced to turn and see the fire. The light would hurt his eyes and make it hard for him to see the objects that are casting the shadows. If he is told that what he saw before was not real but that the objects he is now struggling to see are, he would not believe it. In his pain, Socrates continues, the freed prisoner would turn away and run back to what he can see and is accustomed to, that is the shadows of the carried objects.

He writes "...it would hurt his eyes, and he would escape by turning away to the things which he was able to look at, and these he would believe to be clearer than what was being shown to him."

Socrates continues: "suppose...that someone should drag him...by force, up the rough ascent, the steep way up, and never stop until he could drag him out into the light of the sun."

The prisoner would be angry and in pain, and this would only worsen when the radiant light of the sun overwhelms his eyes and blinds him. The sunlight is representative of the new reality and knowledge that the freed prisoner is experiencing.

Slowly, his eyes adjust to the light of the sun. First he can only see shadows. Gradually he can see the reflections of people and things in water and then later see the people and things themselves. Eventually he is able to look at the stars and moon at night until finally he can look upon the sun itself. Only after he can look straight at the sun "is he able to reason about it" and what it is.

Socrates continues, saying that the freed prisoner would think that the real world was superior to the world he experienced in the cave; "he would bless himself for the change, and pity the other prisoners" and would want to bring his fellow cave dwellers out of the cave and into the sunlight.

The returning prisoner, whose eyes have become acclimated to the light of the sun, would be blind when he re-enters the cave, just as he was when he was first exposed to the sun. The prisoners, according to Socrates, would infer from the returning man's blindness that the journey out of the cave had harmed him and that they should not undertake a similar journey. Socrates concludes that the prisoners, if they were able, would therefore reach out and kill anyone who attempted to drag them out of the cave.

Jeff

Old April 30th 15, 07:00 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

William Mook wrote:

[...]

From Between Two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era;

[...]

You're a paranoid delusional ****,

Nonsense. You're the one who believes in illusions.

so you're hardly someone whose word
about 'fact' is going to mean much.

You are deluded. I am not.

only stupid."