Astro Related Music - Please Add your favourites

Old April 19th 06, 09:23 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Default Astro Related Music - Please Add your favourites

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine had a party when he opened and finished his new
observatory. Playing in the background was music that all the tracks had
some mention of Space/astronomy.

I am going through my music collection and started to compile a list of
space/astronomy related tunes.

If you have any favourites can you please add them to the list here, or mail
me off list, here area few to get going with

Elton john - Rocket Man
Julie London - Fly Me To The moon,
David Bowie - Space Oddity
Savage Garden - I would fly you to the moon and back

thanks for your time and help, I appreciate it.

Clear Skies

Andy
--
Mr Andrew R Green B.Sc(Hons) FRAS.

Old April 19th 06, 09:37 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

The Cure - "Jupiter Crash" (About Shoemaker-Levy 9)
Kraftwerk - "Radio Stars"
The Human League - "The Black Hit of Space" (Parody based on black holes)
Duran Duran - "New Moon on Monday" (!!!)
Tasmin Archer - "Sleeping Satellite" (The Moon)

I must have loads more, but really can't be bothered searching
though everything.

Martin
--
M.A.Poyser Tel.: 07967 110890
Manchester, U.K. http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=fleetie

Old April 19th 06, 09:57 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Cheers Fleetie,

that's got us off to a start

Thanks

Old April 19th 06, 10:24 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

A few more...

Train - Drops of Jupiter
Monty Python - Galaxy Song
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
They Might Be Giants - Why does the Sun Shine?

Adrian

Old April 19th 06, 11:06 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

My daughter has declared me a sad old hippy after rummaging through my
collection. Here's a few she found;

Once in a blue moon - Lighthouse family
Spanish moon, Rocket in my pocket - Little Feat
Sun is shining - Bob Marley
Poor Moon - Canned Heat
(I feel the next are a bit of a stretch)
I can see for miles - The Who
Under cover of darkness - Living Colour
Sitting on top of the world, Born under a bad sign - Cream
and what's that Don MacClean song about starry nights?
;-)
Denis
--
DT
change nospam: n o s p a m
Old April 19th 06, 11:16 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:37:18 +0100, in uk.sci.astronomy , "Fleetie"
wrote:

Duran Duran - "New Moon on Monday" (!!!)

and "Planet Earth" of course...

Pink Floyd "the dark side of the moon"
Bowie "is there life on mars?"
Bowie "star man"
Mark McIntyre

Old April 20th 06, 02:21 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

In ,
Andy G typed:
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine had a party when he opened and finished his new
observatory. Playing in the background was music that all the tracks
had some mention of Space/astronomy.

I am going through my music collection and started to compile a list
of space/astronomy related tunes.

If you have any favourites can you please add them to the list here,
or mail me off list, here area few to get going with

Hawkwind:
Space is Deep
Earth Calling
Master of the Universe

From their Space Ritual CD

Jo

Old April 20th 06, 04:08 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

2001 uses works by several classical composers. It features music by
Aram Khachaturian (from the Gayaneh ballet suite) and famously used
Johann Strauss II's best known waltz, On The Beautiful Blue Danube,
during the spectacular space-station rendezvous and lunar landing
sequences. 2001 is especially remembered for its use of the opening
from Richard Strauss's Also sprach Zarathustra (or "Thus spoke
Zarathustra" in English), which has become inextricably associated with
the film and its imagery and themes. The film's soundtrack also did
much to introduce the modern classical composer György Ligeti to a
wider public, using extracts from his Requiem, Atmospheres, Lux Aeterna
and (in an altered form) Aventures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001:_A...8film%29#Music

Old April 20th 06, 04:24 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Fantastic, keep them coming!

--
Mr Andrew R Green B.Sc(Hons) FRAS.