Where's Patrick Moore?

Old July 5th 04, 12:25 AM
Rupert Goodwins

Default Where's Patrick Moore?

Sky at Night... but no PM! "Can't be with us this month, but sends his
best wishes" the presenter said.

Anyone know what's up? Is this the first one he's missed?

Old July 5th 04, 01:47 AM
Stuart

I watched it too and was wondering what had happened mmmmm hope he is ok

Stu

"Rupert Goodwins" wrote in
message ...

Old July 5th 04, 02:19 AM
Sam

"Stuart" wrote in message
I watched it too and was wondering what had happened mmmmm hope he is ok

Stu

Us too, hope he's ok.

Sam

Old July 5th 04, 08:07 AM
Pete Lawrence

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 23:25:52 GMT, Rupert Goodwins
wrote:

Sky at Night... but no PM! "Can't be with us this month, but sends his
best wishes" the presenter said.

Anyone know what's up? Is this the first one he's missed?

He was taken poorly a week or so ago. I believe he's on the mend
though.

--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Old July 5th 04, 08:22 AM
Urban Spaceman

wrote:

Sky at Night... but no PM! "Can't be with us this month, but sends his
best wishes" the presenter said.

Anyone know what's up? Is this the first one he's missed?

He was taken poorly a week or so ago. I believe he's on the mend
though.

--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Most recent images http://www.pbl33.fast24.co.uk/recent_images.html

Patrick was taken ill with Heart trouble, he has undergone tests at a local
hospital and should be back on TV screens next month.

Cheers

Andy Lawes
www.esas.org.uk

Old July 5th 04, 12:49 PM
Mutz

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 23:25:52 GMT, Rupert Goodwins
wrote:

where's Patrick?

I got the sense that the chap who presented the Sky at Night
last night was being groomed to take over from Patrick.
He seems to have been on several progs recently.

Old July 5th 04, 01:31 PM
M Holmes

Mutz wrote:

I got the sense that the chap who presented the Sky at Night
last night was being groomed to take over from Patrick.
He seems to have been on several progs recently.

Ach. When the sad day somes, I'd like to see Colin Pillinger get the
chance to do it.

FoFP

Old July 5th 04, 02:58 PM
callum

sadly i missed it last night, and there does not seem to be a repeat scheduled :-(

just have to watch the webcast...
Old July 5th 04, 04:08 PM
Steve Taylor

M Holmes wrote:

Ach. When the sad day somes, I'd like to see Colin Pillinger get the
chance to do it.

At last years "All night Star Party" I got the chance to talk to some
senior BBC bod who opined that "Sky at Night" would be a fixture until
Sir Patrick retired - No-one in the BBC would DARE take his show off
until he no longer wanted to do it. However, he very pointedly didn't
make the corollary - that there WOUDLD'T be any "Sky at Night" as we
know it afterwards.

Steve
Old July 5th 04, 06:58 PM
J.Hill

I got the sense that he seemed *very* enthusiastic about the subject matter
in the same way that Sir Patrick Moore does. Which is of course, important.

Either that or he was extremely nervous. Poor chap! ;o)

Cheers,
Jim