Just a rant

Old April 29th 04, 02:23 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:16:20 +0100, Andrew Cockburn
wrote:

The kind that only starts once every 121.5 years?

Cunning astronomical reference there - we ought to at least attempt to
compare scopes to on-topic cars -

Oh he's good.

Transit we'll give you ;-)

How about Vauxhall Astra, Lincoln Mercury, Saturn (in the US), Ford
Orion, BMW M3 ...

I'll stop now :-)

I've recently bought a Dyson DC11 - "Telescope". My wife hates it.

--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Old April 29th 04, 02:28 PM
Jim

In article -service-com, Andrew Cockburn wrote:

The kind that only starts once every 121.5 years?

Cunning astronomical reference there - we ought to at least attempt to
compare scopes to on-topic cars -

Transit we'll give you ;-)

How about Vauxhall Astra, Lincoln Mercury, Saturn (in the US), Ford
Orion, BMW M3 ...

I'll stop now :-)

....and I'll continue with:

Sky Watcher 80mmST refractor: Ford Fiesta.

Jim
--
-*-
"We deal in the moral equivalent of black holes, where the normal
Old April 29th 04, 02:40 PM
Robert Geake

I think most cortina's are forked these days...!

Rob

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:56:05 +0100, "Robert Geake"
wrote:

Just saw a cortina, oohhhh, spookey!

Was it forked? If so - it could have been an LX-90 ;-)

Old April 29th 04, 02:48 PM
Andrew Cockburn

...and I'll continue with:

Sky Watcher 80mmST refractor: Ford Fiesta.

Jim

And I can't let LX90=Ford Escort stand -

I see it more as a BMW 318. Everyone wants the 328i (LX200) but gets the
318 because at least its a BMW and its a lot cheaper ...

Regards,

Andrew

Old April 29th 04, 09:01 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:48:59 +0100, Andrew Cockburn
wrote:

And I can't let LX90=Ford Escort stand -

I see it more as a BMW 318. Everyone wants the 328i (LX200) but gets the
318 because at least its a BMW and its a lot cheaper ...

Regards,

Andrew

It's the fluffy dice that let it down!
--
Pete Lawrence
http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Old April 29th 04, 09:49 PM
Andrew Cockburn

Fluffy dice ? They absorb the dew and they're great for cleaning
eyepieces ...

Regards,

Andrew

Old April 29th 04, 09:53 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:49:46 +0100, Andrew Cockburn
wrote:

Fluffy dice ? They absorb the dew and they're great for cleaning
eyepieces ...

....and the solar film with "Kev & Bev" written across it?
Old April 29th 04, 10:00 PM
Alan

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
Snip
Ask someone what the most important thing in their life is and count
the number that come back and say "the Sun".

Stacks I bet, but they will be referring to the "news"paper. Also sad.

Old April 29th 04, 10:02 PM
David Sewell

"Jim" wrote in message

Sky Watcher 80mmST refractor: Ford Fiesta.

Jim
--

Ford Fiesta! More like Reliant Robin (Del Boy style).

David

Old April 29th 04, 10:50 PM
Andrew Cockburn

Keeps the sun out of my eyes and lets me see the transits, sorry Europa
250s more clearly. There goes one now - short wheelbase, sorry short
focal ratio ...