the moons size coincidence?

Old April 7th 06, 04:36 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Default the moons size coincidence?

In article .com,
Don't Be Evil wrote:

Christians who attempt to use science or politics to advance their
faith are labeled foolish.

I realize not all creationists believe the "young earth" theory, but
most or at least many do. Asked why we see celestial objects whose
parallax indicates the light from them originated millions of years
ago, one creationist said (I'm paraphrasing), "God created the universe
with the light already coming toward us." That's science?

Want to advance your faith? I'd suggest living like Martin Luther King
or Jimmy Carter. Indeed, I think that's the biblical position.

On a similar note I asked a creationist christian about the dinosaur
fossils that we have found all over the globe.
His reply, "They where made by the devil to confuse us"
What can you reply to that sort of argument?
Nothing, I just walked away.
Old April 7th 06, 05:28 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

By the definition that any science that proves the exisence of God is a
form of creation science since generally those who believe in God believe
that he created the universe. And I am not misreprenting Albert Einstein.
Your own lack of faith is coloring your perception, making more that one of
your statement false. But I have said enough. If I give you a few actual
examples of hard info in my post, and you brush them aside, you would
probably do the same if I gave you more. You are the one who doing the
speculation. I am being factual. I could also cry " irrelevant" and hope
that it sticks. The whole ridiculous dishonesty of the many of the
evoutionists reminds me of what Hitler said in " Mein Kampfe", if you repeat
a lie often enough it will be accepted as fact. The lie here being that
there is undeniable proof for evolution, and that as it stands it is
anything more than completely conjecture.

For those with open minds I would mention that the most obvious evidence
as to whether evolution is even possible is in the area of genetics, and in
the structures of the cell. Looking at the actual genetic mutations which we
see in animals today, we can see than in most cases the resulting life is
not viable. And that really significant changes just don't happen, and
cannot. I am being breif, but those who are familiar with genetics should
know what I am referring to. But then the same whitewash of evolution has
been pushed for so many years in so many different sciences.
Yours in the name of our creator, Yeshua,
Bill.

"Stephen Tonkin" wrote in message
Bill Kelly wrote:
Yes but evolution is still being taught , and accurately, by most

schools,
as a "theory".

Are you pretending that I have not already posted Message-ID:
, or do you merely lack the wherewithal to
comprehend it?

Yet some become adamant that anyone who denies the "fact"
of evolution must be insane.

Well, given that we actually observe evolution happening, to deny it we
would have to be insane or dishonest.

Sorry about being off topic, but really, as
if none of you ever are.

#1. Since when are tu quoque arguments valid?
#2. I don't see anyone else posting religious claptrap (even though
several of us have religious beliefs). It's called "respect" -- you can
find out what that word means by looking in a dictionary.

Yes I do agree that some of so called "Creation Science" is done by
so some with truly closed minds.

By definition, *any* espousing of the oxymoron that is creation science is
done either by a closed mind or one that is so open that the brain has
fallen out and got lost.

There are however many scientists who are christians who have made valid
contributions to science, and some of their research points decidedly to
creation.

Really? If that is true and you are not just making it up, please name
one, just one, prominent scientist whose research points to "creation
science" as the *only* possible explanation.

Even Einstein who at one point earlier in his life is said to have
espoused an atheistic point of view, later is also said to have believed
that he mathematically proved the existence of God.

Irrelevant to "creation science", even if you were correctly representing
Einstein.

Also I would like to point out that those who have dedicated them
selves to various sciences have throughout history have sometimes missed
the obvious.

Irrelevant. And even if it wasn't it is not evidence for "creation
science" any more than it is evidence for the existence of a species of
pink Welsh unicorns.

[Blatant evangelistic zealotry snipped]

By the way this is a message about science in general, which includes
astromomy, please have the sense not to tell me how awful I Iam to post
about this. If you must, then also remove from your links all the family
pictures, and the standing in front of buildings, and such, as that is
"off topic" as well.

You should remember take two of the pink pills and one of the big green
ones three times a day before food.

Enough of this! It feels almost cruel for me to be engaging in a battle of
wits with someone who has only half the necessary armament.

--
Stephen Tonkin

Old April 7th 06, 06:35 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Bill Kelly wrote:
[snip religious zealotry]

*PLONK*
--
Stephen Tonkin
Old April 7th 06, 06:36 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Weatherlawyer wrote:
[drivel]

*PLONK*

--
Stephen Tonkin
Old April 9th 06, 09:02 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Bill Kelly wrote:
For those with open minds I would mention that the most obvious evidence
as to whether evolution is even possible is in the area of genetics, and in
the structures of the cell. Looking at the actual genetic mutations which we
see in animals today, we can see than in most cases the resulting life is
not viable. And that really significant changes just don't happen, and
cannot.

Exactly MOST changes are fatal, but NOT all, some have slight side
effects. You are also right, significant changes can't happen, in a
single generation, but little ones can and do, and are observed, these
little changed may or may not make the organism more fit for its
environment.

Have you any conception of the timescales the process of evolution has
been taking place over ?

Steve
Old April 10th 06, 01:04 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

In ,
Bill Kelly typed:
most cases the resulting life is not viable. And that really
significant changes just don't happen, and cannot. I am being breif,
but those who are familiar with genetics should know what I am
referring to. But then the same whitewash of evolution has been
pushed for so many years in so many different sciences.

I know about genetics and can state that you are absolutely wrong. For
starters try he

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA202.html

Jo

Old April 10th 06, 03:21 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Steve Taylor wrote in
:

Bill Kelly wrote:
For those with open minds I would mention that the most obvious
evidence
as to whether evolution is even possible is in the area of genetics,
and in the structures of the cell. Looking at the actual genetic
mutations which we see in animals today, we can see than in most cases
the resulting life is not viable. And that really significant changes
just don't happen, and cannot.

Exactly MOST changes are fatal, but NOT all, some have slight side
effects.

This is not correct. Most mutations have no effect whatever. Most of them
are in non coding regions. Even most mutations to coding regions cause no
appreciable phenotypic change.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/mutations.html

Klazmon

SNIP
Old April 10th 06, 09:56 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

This is really funny.
These people are trying to tell us that evolution is not correct.
I'll give them the fact that evolution is just a theory, just like many
other theories out there. But because there is evidence to back up this
theory a sane and logical person can weigh up the evidence and decide
for themselves if the theory is proven or not.
There is plenty of evidence for evolution but not one shred of evidence
for creation. Not one thing can they show that God created the world.
You know why, because it didn't happen.
It's just a lot of mythological stories in some books.
The thing that gets me is that they would rather believe that a
supernatural being created the universe and placed us on it as we are
now than a slow and natural process occurred over millions of years
resulting in the planet we have now.
This beggars belief, it's easier to believe in a being that no-one has
seen that can do everything and that the earth is 4000 years old rather
than a huge fossil record, geology record dna record etc.
Please go to a religious forum, this is a scientific forum, science is
one of the things that has brought us out of the dark ages that the
religious fanatics want to keep us in.
Old April 10th 06, 10:38 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

In ,
Steven typed:
This is really funny.
These people are trying to tell us that evolution is not correct.
I'll give them the fact that evolution is just a theory, just like
many other theories out there.

One thing that many of them have in common is a misunderstanding of the term
"theory". If they did understand they would never use the phrase "just a
theory" to describe evolution.

Jo

Old April 11th 06, 02:53 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Default Of Topics and etceteras.

Jo wrote:

One thing that many of them have in common is a misunderstanding of the term
"theory". If they did understand they would never use the phrase "just a
theory" to describe evolution.

Do any of them understand the term "off topic"?