A Return to the Moon by the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary.

Old December 2nd 12, 04:31 AM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science
Bob Haller

Default A Return to the Moon by the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary.

well heres a link about automating restaurants........ http://momentummachines.com/

I would LOVE a speciality burger place opening around here.....

my former favorite the brighton hot dog shop had wonderful burgers.
the 2nd generation owner mark decided that mayonaise, tomatoes and
lettuce are dropped from the menu to save $$....... they always
charged extra for lettuce and tomatoes, and geez they cant afford
those little packages of mayo?

Mark is arrogant and yelled at me when I called to request these
essentials be returned.......

eventually near all grunt jobs will be automated......

http://momentummachines.com/

Old December 2nd 12, 04:35 AM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science
Bob Haller

you dont need to send geologists to mars, you send AI rovers with
sample return capacity......

this way humans with human waste dont contaminate mars......

we cant currently afford human missions to mars but could do some real
science using robotics in the mean time
Old December 2nd 12, 05:02 AM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science
Harold Groot

On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 20:31:21 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

well heres a link about automating restaurants........ http://momentummachines.com/

I would LOVE a speciality burger place opening around here.....

my former favorite the brighton hot dog shop had wonderful burgers.
the 2nd generation owner mark decided that mayonaise, tomatoes and
lettuce are dropped from the menu to save $$....... they always
charged extra for lettuce and tomatoes, and geez they cant afford
those little packages of mayo?

You want mayo? 3 dollars!

Mark is arrogant and yelled at me when I called to request these
essentials be returned.......

No burger for you!!!

Old December 2nd 12, 02:13 PM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science
Bob Haller

wrote:

well heres a link about automating restaurants........http://momentummachines.com/

I would LOVE a speciality burger place opening around here.....

my former favorite the brighton hot dog shop had wonderful burgers.
the 2nd generation owner mark decided that mayonaise, tomatoes and
lettuce are dropped from the menu to save $$....... they always
charged extra for lettuce and tomatoes, and geez they cant afford
those little packages of mayo?

You want mayo? *3 dollars!

Mark is arrogant and yelled at me when I called to request these
essentials be returned.......

No burger for you!!!

It is rather amusing that Bobbert finds the idea that someone wants to
run his own business rather than let Bobbert run it to be 'arrogant'.

*territory."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --G. Behn

No its arrogant to yell at customers when they call. waitresses report
business is down a lot....

the owner futher stated he sells what he wants to sell, not what
customers want...

anyone with a business will tell you you must meet the customers
needs.....

every other burger place must have lettuce tomato and mayo.

Old December 4th 12, 01:32 AM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science
Bob Haller

On Dec 3, 10:50*am, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article 644557be-2422-4227-8ac8-aa8628451d53
@s14g2000vba.googlegroups.com, says...

you dont need to send geologists to mars, you send AI rovers with
sample return capacity......

"AI", as you present it here, simply does not exist.

this way humans with human waste dont contaminate mars......

we cant currently afford human missions to mars but could do some real
science using robotics in the mean time

We are, but not with the sort of "AI" you're talking about. *That "AI"
simply does not exist. *The scientists and engineers on the ground
command the rovers. *They do not think for themselves.

Jeff

rovers on moon can be driven from earth but have a override driver
capacity to avoid identifable hazards, like boulders, cliffs etc.

plus rovers can be so cheap in comparison with humans that losing some
isnt a big deal, if you send many. if you send only one a loss is 100%
of the program.

my reference to rosie jetsons robot maid, they are coming, and will
free us of much grunt work
Old December 4th 12, 01:35 PM posted to sci.space.policy,rec.arts.sf.science
Jeff Findley[_2_]

In article fc362e26-a816-43af-831b-
, says...

On Dec 3, 10:50*am, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article 644557be-2422-4227-8ac8-aa8628451d53
@s14g2000vba.googlegroups.com, says...

you dont need to send geologists to mars, you send AI rovers with
sample return capacity......

"AI", as you present it here, simply does not exist.

this way humans with human waste dont contaminate mars......

we cant currently afford human missions to mars but could do some real
science using robotics in the mean time

We are, but not with the sort of "AI" you're talking about. *That "AI"
simply does not exist. *The scientists and engineers on the ground
command the rovers. *They do not think for themselves.

rovers on moon can be driven from earth but have a override driver
capacity to avoid identifable hazards, like boulders, cliffs etc.

Backpedaling noted.

plus rovers can be so cheap in comparison with humans that losing some
isnt a big deal, if you send many. if you send only one a loss is 100%
of the program.

This is quite silly. There is no money for the type of program you
propose. This has been pointed out to you time and again. No Buck
Rogers, no bucks.

my reference to rosie jetsons robot maid, they are coming, and will
free us of much grunt work

Robotics and "AI" are not there yet.

Jeff