Why dwarf stars are flying away ?

Old April 10th 15, 04:57 PM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

Default Why dwarf stars are flying away ?

Il giorno sabato 4 aprile 2015 19:15:22 UTC+2, ha scritto:
..almost all dwarf stars have a positive radial velocity ..like its are flyng away ... the farest-ones have higther speed ..and the hotter-ones have higter speed ... ???

...i am a little old...in the old sense , the dwarf stars were very little , very heavy and very hot..
the idea of bigbang is very beautifull but with some contradictions.. drived with the idea that the temperature could influence the redshift , i began tosee the astronomy in this perespective .. and the dwarf cat. III/235A in CDS Strsbourg seemed to be rigth ...like in other situations for quasars , supernovae , galaxies etc...
can we repeit togheter the various found steps and to discuss ?
Old April 10th 15, 10:35 PM posted to sci.astro
Steve Willner

In article ,
writes:
the dwarf cat. III/235A in CDS Strsbourg seemed to be rigth

There's a catalog of 20602 white dwarfs at
http://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/V...I/235B/catalog

It is "A Catalogue of Spectroscopically Identified White Dwarfs
(Version May 2008)" by McCook G.P., Sion E.M. ApJS 121, 1 (1999)

Whatever is going on with them, it has nothing to do with cosmology
because these are all nearby objects.

A couple of things I notice in a very quick glance are that only a
tiny fraction of the stars have radial velocities at all, and at
least some of the velocities are negative. Most of the stars don't
even have V magnitudes listed in the catalog.

If there is any radial velocity effect, my _guess_ would be that the
sample is biased in position because of where the surveys happen to
exist. Objects in the first and third Galactic quadrants should have
negative radial velocities and objects in the second and fourth
quadrants positive, just a result of Galactic rotation. More
luminous objects will be on average more distant and therefore will
have on average higher absolute velocities, either positive or
negative. But this is all speculation -- as I say, I've not looked
very hard at the actual data.

Steve Willner Phone 617-495-7123
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA