Apollo One, the FBI, and Scott Grissom

Old June 11th 04, 10:04 AM
OM

On 10 Jun 2004 20:52:15 -0700, (LaDonna Wyss)
wrote:

ctually, I'm getting confused--far too many personalities in here to
keep them all straight.

....Much is explained about LaDoper in this one sentence.

OM

--

"No ******* ever won a war by dying for |
http://www.io.com/~o_m

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old June 11th 04, 10:20 AM
OM

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:52:13 -0500, Herb Schaltegger
wrote:

I know that one of the pacing factors for the later Apollo flights was
the hypergolics in the LEM - once loaded, they only had so long before
they would (something, presumably corrode the piping) - so fire it or
dump 'em. Were the CM RCS tanks a similar pacing feature?

I think it was degradation of the seals in the propulsion system valves
but I may be mistaken in my recollection.

....AIUI, it was primarily the seals and gaskets, but also some
long-term issues with the tankage itself. ISTR another comment some
years ago on the original sci.space group about reaction with
something in antislosh baffling, but that one's so old that google
couldn't find it even if Henry donated the backup tapes.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old June 11th 04, 12:48 PM
Herb Schaltegger

(LaDonna Wyss) wrote:

(Derek Lyons) wrote in message
Herb Schaltegger wrote:
If you're truly an "investigator", why don't you spend less time on
idiotic posts like this one and answer Scott Hedrick's questions about
your "team mates", rk's and Michael Gardner's questions and comments
regarding your statement about the electrical loads, currents,
impedances and cabling in the spacecraft, my comments about the LiOH
canister testing you allege should have occurred, or Daniel's comments
regarding the test procedures?

Herb; Could we agree to keep these messages to one a day or so? This
tactic never does really work and merely worsens the signal-to-noise
ratio.

D.

Actually, I'm getting confused--far too many personalities in here to
keep them all straight. I do know I TRIED to answer Schaltegger on
that issue when he emailed me,

I've never emailed you, liar.

but of course he used a bogus return
address so I was unable to send the reply. I have two emails from RK
sitting in my inbox to which I will respond in the AM; something I
read in here earlier this evening has had me busy for hours and I'm
ready to call it a night.
What comment did you make about the LiOH canister? I recall
Schaltegger's email,

I've never emailed you, liar.

but I don't remember which was your particular
post, and you can see we now have about three dozen threads going
here. Would you refresh my memory, or better yet, email me with the
question/comment you had?

--
Herb Schaltegger, B.S., J.D.
Reformed Aerospace Engineer
Old June 11th 04, 05:36 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Terrell Miller" wrote in message
. .. ironic, innit?

Alas, I don't suspect she has the capacity to understand it...

But then, she likes to torture old ladies with autopsy reports.

Old June 11th 04, 05:38 PM
Scott Hedrick

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
I do know I TRIED to answer Schaltegger on
that issue when he emailed me

Why don't you simply post your answers here?

For that matter, why don't you post the email you say came from Herb here?

Old June 11th 04, 07:50 PM
Scott Hedrick

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
Your "wit and wisdom?"

Clearly, it's more than you can handle.

"The hatch just blew!"
"C'mon, mom, you know you paid the life insurance premium that time. If on'y
you'd have remembered to pay the premium before tampering with the capsule.
We'd be set for life. Roll over, will you? I wanna be on top this time..."

Old June 12th 04, 12:50 AM
LaDonna Wyss

"Charleston" wrote in message news:iU8yc.10833$fZ1.1540@fed1read03...
"Ami Silberman" wrote:

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message

OM, you are such a windbag. Did I say the hypergolics were on board?
I said they fired the thrusters, and they did fire the thrusters. If
you people are not going to take the time to learn what happened out
there that day, how can you pretend to debate?

Um, I thought that "fired the thrusters" meant "issued the command that
caused the thrusters to fire, causing the thrusters to operate in such a
manner as to cause thrust."

It does mean exactly that when they are connected correctly. The you can
operate them dry or wet.

Dry = no propellants.

Wet = propellants loaded. NASA has a silly habit. They label such things
"loaded". They do this in many different ways so that unsuspecting workers
don't get killed. Where the hell is Kim Keller when we need him?

Daniel

Thanks, Daniel.