Apollo One, the FBI, and Scott Grissom

Old June 10th 04, 03:31 AM
Scott Hedrick

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
Evasion my behind.

Can't evade it- it's too big!

Why don't you do like a half-dozen others have
done and email me?

"The lurkers support me in email!"

Name them. Why don't they post here?

Email me and GET
the facts.

I've already given you a valid mail address- I'm waiting for your
documentation so I can post it to the Internet.

Old June 10th 04, 03:40 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Kevin Willoughby" wrote in message
To repeat myself: #164 will resolve to different posts at different
times. You have to give us a URL to the post you want us to read. #164
just doesn't cut it.

I use Outlook Express. *None* of the posts are numbered. "Post #164" is
completely meaningless. There are certainly many more than 164 posts, and
since I have some threads set to "ignore" it's clear that it's not possible
for my newsreader to number posts in the same manner that LaToya thinks hers
are numbered. If I used a different ISP and downloaded exactly the same, I'd
still have a different number of posts, because I'd be using a different
server. LaToya is clearly ignorant of how Usenet works. If she doesn't
understand something so fundamentally simple, it's clear she isn't capable
of understanding something more complex, like the autopsy report she keeps
torturing Betty with.

Old June 10th 04, 03:41 AM
Scott Hedrick

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...

No, YOU are being punished for attibuting to the bull****.

We all know it's coming from you, there's no need for OM to attribute it to
you.

Old June 10th 04, 03:51 AM
Scott Hedrick

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
First, you say:

Do you have the voice
transcript?

Then, you say:

NASA has doctored that transcript
so we don't know everything that was said.

Where did you get your copy? Surely you have a copy. Why don't you post what
you think is an *undoctored* transcript, and provide a verifiable reference.
I'm certain we'd all contribute to a pool to pay a real, professional audio
technician to review *your* copy of the audio tape and compare it to the
official version to see how the original version was tampered with.

No one "stared blankly"

How do you know? What was your position in the capsule, and how did you
survive when the others didn't? Exactly how does a "blank stare" sound?

I currently have an emissions problem I need
repaired.

That's between you and your proctologist. Maybe "scott", his mommie or both
got stuck in there.

As for technicians seeing smoke: Have you read their witness
statements? Those statements the Review Board conveniently "forgot"
to include in their list of statements DO refer to having seen smoke
coming from those access panels.

Which technicians? What statements? Specifically, please provide a
verifiable reference for the statements you say were not included in the
Review Board reports. How do you know about these statements? Have you read
them? If so, what are the verifiable ID numbers of the documents on which
these statements can be found?

Old June 10th 04, 03:54 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote in message
I simply don't recall the
exhaust products in detail and didn't feel like looking it up just for
an exercise in loon-whacking.

A quick check of the CRC Handbook for Applied Engineering Science didn't
show it.

Old June 10th 04, 05:50 AM
LaDonna Wyss

"Scott Hedrick" wrote in message ...
"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
"Scott Hedrick" wrote in message

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
Nope, just finding the humor in the childishness in here.

Been reading your own posts, obviously.

Some of the
posters

are like watching six-year-olds on the
playground.

Been reading "scott"'s posts, then.

YES!

And you choose to use him as a model. How's that workin' for ya?

I just love your partial quotes and misrepresentations. Have you
considered a career with the National Enquirer?
Old June 10th 04, 06:20 AM
Charleston

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote:
Pat Flannery wrote:
Herb Schaltegger wrote:

The RCS thrusters were not fired on the pad; if they were, do you
realize how much damage they could have caused to the pad and white

room
structures?

I actually brought up the RCS simulators to address the Scott-based
explanation of the origin of the fire as being the SM RCS. I have read the
witness statements and if the fire started some 22 minutes before the CM
fire as LaDonna alleges, then everyone on Level A-7 and probably Level A8,
would have smelled something burning or seen smoke. There were about 15
people on A-7, IIRC.

Daniel

Old June 10th 04, 06:42 AM
OM

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 20:14:55 -0500, Herb Schaltegger
wrote:

Actually, I was rebutting the assertion made by LaDonna that the RCS
thrusters actually fired during the test.

....What gets me is that she actually thinks that anyone would fire any
sort of reaction engine that produces such toxic gasses in a
semi-enclosed environment such as the area around the CM during the
plugs-out test.

I pointed out a few problems with the idea
that the RCS thrusters would actually be fired while the stack was
sitting on the pad. I *didn't* mention the toxic exhaust (which Pat)
pointed out; but I didn't do so because I simply don't recall the
exhaust products in detail and didn't feel like looking it up just for
an exercise in loon-whacking.

....Aerozine 50 and Nitrogen Tetroxide. A50 is composed of Hydrazine
and Unsymmetrical DimethylHydrazine (UDMH, AKA "Glushko's Excuse for
Cheap Vodka") in 50-50 proportions by weight. Nitrogen Tetroxide was
the oxidizer. Combine the two and you get the reaction regardless of
the existence of an atmosphere, which is why it's still used for RCS
fuel today. Note also that MonoMethyl Hydrozine is also used as well
in place of UDMH, but I'm not too sure of the circumstances.

[Cue Henry]

....AS for the outgassing, the resulting by-products of the A50/NiO4
reaction are extremely caustic, containing lots of Hydrozine
compounds. As a result, inhaling that **** for even for short periods
will most likely cause coughing and irritation of the throat and
lungs. Longer exposures produce convulsions, tremors, and/or seizures,
and even longer periods generally result in liver and kidney damage,
as well as deabilitating effects on one's reproductive organs. Lab
rats have even been known to develop tumors and colon cancer from just
one exposure to the A50/NiO4 by-products, even though the levels were
nowhere near fatal.

....Other caustic results are chemical reactions with fabrics, which is
why it cut through one of the main chute lines on one of A15's chutes
just prior to splashdown. Skin irritation and burns can also result,
which is Reason Number One as to why NASA issued that "DON'T TOUCH,
IDIOTS!" warning to anyone finding Columbia debris. Some people did
anyway, and there were a few who had to be treated for burned fingers
resulting from the hypergolics having been dispersed all over the
fragments as the Shuttle broke apart.

....Another example of how bad that **** is occurred at the end of
ASTP. From my ASTP page on OMWorld:

"While everyone in the Houston MOCR was celebrating, unbeknownst at
that time was that while the CM was floating down on its three
parachutes, the crew were inhaling toxic nitrogen tetroxide fumes. The
descent phase had gone without a hitch until ~15,000 meters, when the
crew began preparations for chute deployment. Due to some confusion
resulting from excessive noise in the cabin caused by external sources
- specifically, the command module's thrusters, excessive intercom
static, and the passage of the craft through the atmosphere at high
speeds, the RCS thrusters were not disabled prior to chute deployment.
As a result, when the spacecraft began to sway under the chutes, the
RCS thrusters activated and attempted to keep the ship in a stable
position.

....This might not have been a problem except that prior to drogue
chute deployment the cabin pressure relief valve had opened
automatically. In addition to drawing in fresh air, it also brought in
the nitrogen tetroxide from the RCS thrusters located less than two
feet from the valve. The crew immediately went into coughing fits, but
managed to complete the rest of their landing checklists before
splashdown. At that point, the spacecraft went into a Stable-2
position - tipped over with the nose down in the water. Before the
Astronauts could activate the uprighting system - a series of balloons
that would force the ship's nose above the center of gravity and tip
it back on its heatshield - they were faced with the need to do
something about the cabin air before they succumbed to toxic hypoxia.

....Strapped to their seats upside-down due to the Stable-2 position,
Stafford had to unstrap himself, drop down to the control panel,
locate the emergency oxygen masks, and get them on not only himself,
but Slayton and Brand. Slayton was in the process of getting nauseous
from the tetroxide fumes, Brand had actually passed out, having been
the closest to the vent when the fumes invaded the cabin. After
recovery and transport to the New Orleans, the crew was then moved to
a two-week hospital stay in Honolulu for treatment from tetroxide
inhalation. All three recovered with flying colors, save for Slayton,
who was discovered to have a non-malignant lung tumor during
treatment. "

Bottom Line: The RCS fuel is nasty stuff, and there's no way in
****ing hell that it would have been tested on the ground as LaDip****
or "scott" claims it was. In fact, the tanks weren't even fueled up
that far in advance of the launch, which was still, IIRC, almost a
month away. Even if they were, doing a test firing like that would
have a) been hazardous if not fatal to the Pad Crew, and b) would have
contaminated at best the entire White Room and adjacent work areas.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old June 10th 04, 06:46 AM
OM

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:22:29 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
. com...
Woof.

Hey OM, looks like she saw her reflection in her monitor.

....Either that, or it's her mating call for "scott".

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr