Could Mars Have A Hollow Core?

Old March 7th 04, 02:11 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Could Mars Have A Hollow Core?

Nature does not make things hollow for the most part. The only well
known object I can think of is the tiny Bucky Ball that is made up of 60
carbon atoms. It is a very strong structure. Keep in mind that
carbon and iron make steel,and that is a very strong compound.
Now lets bring our thoughts to the time Mars volcanoes were erupting.
Its core was liquid iron with a sphere of solid iron,and carbon around
it. The liquid iron was pushed out to the surface,and that left the only
the solid iron and carbon that was 250 miles thick. To add to this this
hollow core from collapsing it had gases trapped under great pressure
pushing outward. Mars might have had a magnetic field in its
history,but with a hallow core it is not possible. I estimate the
size to be 135 miles in diameter from east to west(equator) and 128
miles from north to south(pole to pole) Bert

Old March 7th 04, 02:50 PM
Ugo

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 09:11:58 -0500 (EST), G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

Nature does not make things hollow for the most part. The only well
known object I can think of is the tiny Bucky Ball that is made up of 60
carbon atoms. It is a very strong structure. Keep in mind that
carbon and iron make steel,and that is a very strong compound.
Now lets bring our thoughts to the time Mars volcanoes were erupting.
Its core was liquid iron with a sphere of solid iron,and carbon around
it. The liquid iron was pushed out to the surface,and that left the only
the solid iron and carbon that was 250 miles thick. To add to this this
hollow core from collapsing it had gases trapped under great pressure
pushing outward. Mars might have had a magnetic field in its
history,but with a hallow core it is not possible. I estimate the
size to be 135 miles in diameter from east to west(equator) and 128
miles from north to south(pole to pole) Bert

Hahaha!

--
The butler did it.
Old March 7th 04, 05:49 PM
John Zinni

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
Nature does not make things hollow for the most part. The only well
known object I can think of is the tiny Bucky Ball that is made up of 60
carbon atoms. It is a very strong structure. Keep in mind that
carbon and iron make steel,and that is a very strong compound.
Now lets bring our thoughts to the time Mars volcanoes were erupting.
Its core was liquid iron with a sphere of solid iron,and carbon around
it. The liquid iron was pushed out to the surface,and that left the only
the solid iron and carbon that was 250 miles thick. To add to this this
hollow core from collapsing it had gases trapped under great pressure
pushing outward. Mars might have had a magnetic field in its
history,but with a hallow core it is not possible. I estimate the
size to be 135 miles in diameter from east to west(equator) and 128
miles from north to south(pole to pole) Bert

You just keep getting a little bit stranger with each passing day.

Old March 7th 04, 09:10 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

JohnZ Strange or maybe not strange enough ? We know more about the
core of the sun than that of the core of our Earth. Is that not strange.
We know more of the death of a star than our own death. Is that not
strange? Funny when people like you that think my thinking is strange
they defend me by saying "My thinking is good but needs to be a lot more
strange" Weird is the word for strange they most commonly use Go figure
Bert

Old March 8th 04, 01:52 PM
BenignVanilla

[...]

OK, I'll bite.

How would this empty core keep from imploding?
How did you come up with the measurements for the core?

BV.

Old March 8th 04, 03:15 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

BV Core measurements came out of what the inward pressure to be. If
you say the walls of the sphere have to be stronger(thicker) I can
always make the gas trapped inside(mostly hydrogen,helium,and iron
oxide) having a greater pressure. It is my own theory. BV if you read
it in Sci. America Mag you would be more apt to believe it(YES) Why
believe me I'm just a guy that has studied natures mysteries all his
life,and likes to think in every direction. I think
Mars having a hollow core is far out thinking. I started my post with
Nature (gravity) makes few things hollow. BV Just think if say a planet
was mostly hollow than where would its center of gravity be? Greater
density is always at an objects core. That is why protons are 1830 times
heavier than electrons. That is why uranium,gold,iron and nickel make up
the Earth's core. Bert

Old March 8th 04, 04:03 PM
BenignVanilla

[...]

Yo Bert chill...once again...I am not doubting your theory, I am just trying
to learn more information about the topic you presented.

I agree on the concept of the core being more dense them the outer regions,
which is why I am confused by the concept of gravity creating a central
hollow core. Which is why I asked for more information. Are you suggesting
the gaseous core is more dense then the rock above it?

BV.

Old March 9th 04, 12:47 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

BA Im laughing for I've scuba dived all my life,and I know what gases
can do. I think the record for scuba diving is about 250 feet. Why are
we not crushed by that great water pressure? When you answer that we
will go from there. You keep putting the ball in my court now its in
yours,and when I know you know why I will continue Bert PS Please
no help from the audience.

Old March 9th 04, 01:52 PM
BenignVanilla

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
BA Im laughing for I've scuba dived all my life,and I know what gases
can do. I think the record for scuba diving is about 250 feet. Why are
we not crushed by that great water pressure? When you answer that we
will go from there. You keep putting the ball in my court now its in
yours,and when I know you know why I will continue Bert PS Please
no help from the audience.

If by asking you to explain your ideas past a state of ambiguity is putting
the ball in your court, then I stand guilty. You stated that you believe
gravity created Mars with a hollow core. I am simply trying to understand
you idea. How would an immense gravity field create such a large dense
object yet leave it's core hollow? You suggest it is full of gas. My limited
knowledge of the solar system tells me this is exactly opposite of what we
know about the known planets. I understand a compressed gas can exert force
on it's container, I am not doubting that. I am simply curious as to how you
arrived at your idea, but don't bother explaining your idea, no, no, no. By
all means deflect with sophomoric responses as you always do.

BV.

Old March 9th 04, 06:54 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

BV If I had to say does Mars have a solid or a hollow one,let me say
I'll go with solid.I again repeat nature does not like hollow objects
and again point out the bucky ball is an exception,and its also very
tiny(yes) However if there could be a planet with a hollow core Mars
has some of the physics to make this idea possible. I posted this to
be discussed with good science. it makes you think. To think or not to
think "that is the question" To think or not to think "that is the rub"
To think for yourself Takes wit" To think in every direction is the
way to go. Out of man's "id" came thinking Bert