sci.astro

Old February 26th 04, 03:10 AM

Default sci.astro

I wouldn't even waste my time reading that crap. You on the other hand are the definition
of a k00k.

"Carl R. Osterwald" wrote:

In article , OhBrother
wrote:

So you got yourself a computer,
and you l'arned yourself to type,
You found yourself a special cause,
and "truth" you love to hype.

"The moon is hollow" you bellow in print
"And no man has ever been there" -
"Martian marbles are really round hermit crabs"
but nobody seems to really care.

"PlanetX is coming, it'll be here soon!"
you shout in CAPS all day
"And coal holds human bones and flesh",
but they only tell you 'Go away!'

You post digests of things they say
and lists of those you now hate
You cut and paste at a furious pace
on rumors, fables and matters of state.

"I want the data, they won't give it to me"
You moan and groan in pages long,
Who cares who 'they' are, you're just angry that all
and that's simply your most favorite song.

"I'm not a KoOk" you angrily cry,
as your online fist you pound
But no one agrees, theres no one there
but your computers whispering sound.

"I'll teach you all" again you scream
"I'll spam the group night and day"
But in the end, there'll be little proof,
That they came and carried you away.

You change your nym with each new post
Your remailer is without a peer,
But your neatly spaced, block style print,
Proclaims you too are somewhat queer.

So I advise, be merciful
when you fill this group with drool
You'd understand the group's names import
If only you'd finished school.

O'

I concur with the contents of this poast.

-=-=-=-=-

Official AFA-B Bully, Pest, and Gummint Disinformation Agent

Old February 26th 04, 08:44 AM

Tom McDonald writes:

David Knisely wrote:

Tom McDonald posted:

In fact, most of your posts have nothing to do with astronomy, and
everything to do with your being heard on tangential issues. I for
one wish you would practice what you preach, and post on-topic
astronomy-related materials. You've got a lot to give on that score,
and I do appreciate those posts of yours.

Agreed, but it can be best not to get in an argument with him (killfiles
are nice too). Clear skies to you.

I know. My reason for posting at all was to point out that
poetry is fully capable of communicating what prose does; albeit
even I'm at a bit of a loss to figure how Einstein's major papers
could be fairly rendered in heroic couplets. Blank verse,
though.... :-)

Tom 'Watching "In Search Of Shakespeare", episode 4, 'For All
Time'' McDonald, BA in English

The problem, McDonald, is that you've tried to justify OhBrother's
posting on the grounds that it represents communication. Unfortunately,
someone like Nancy could justify her postings about Planet X on the
very same grounds. Interesting conundrum you've created for yourself
the you support OhBrother's point, which was against nonsense such
as Nancy's, and justified it in a way that supports communication such as
Nancy's. Contradictory, no?

Old February 26th 04, 08:45 AM

OhBrother writes:

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 00:04:51 +0000, thole wrote:

Who is "thole", OhBrother? Having attribution problems?

OhBrother writes:

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:43:34 +0000, thole wrote:

Who is "thole", OhBrother? Having attribution problems?

In years gone past, your posts were well thought
Your questions clear and inciteful
But now they're a joke, no intelligence there,
Just an arguementative nobody who is spiteful

I see that you didn't answer the question, OhBrother. No surprise
there really.

Old February 26th 04, 10:41 AM
OhBrother

OhBrother writes:

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:43:34 +0000, thole wrote:

Who is "thole", OhBrother? Having attribution problems?

In years gone past, your posts were well thought
Your questions clear and inciteful
But now they're a joke, no intelligence there,
Just an arguementative nobody who is spiteful

I see that you didn't answer the question, OhBrother. No surprise
there really.

I beg to differ, most questions were answered at the level of significance
they deserve. I'd be interested in hearing your justification for the
reams of contentious "hash" that bears your siggy. Sadly though, that
will not likely be forthcoming will it?

Pity - At any rate, consider yourself honored, you've gotten a whole
stanza just for yourself. And for the record, (in the category of
hipocracy which you seem so keen to remind us all of) I haven't seen an Astronomy
relevant post from you for over a year.

Good luck!

O'

O'

Old February 26th 04, 12:14 PM

OhBrother writes:

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:43:34 +0000, thole wrote:

Who is "thole", OhBrother? Having attribution problems?

In years gone past, your posts were well thought
Your questions clear and inciteful
But now they're a joke, no intelligence there,
Just an arguementative nobody who is spiteful

I see that you didn't answer the question, OhBrother. No surprise
there really.

I beg to differ,

Then feel free to identify where it is you allegedly answered the
question, OhBrother.

most questions were answered at the level of significance
they deserve.

You're erroneously presupposing that you answered any of my questions,
OhBrother.

I'd be interested in hearing your justification for the
reams of contentious "hash" that bears your siggy.

Non sequitur.

Sadly though, that will not likely be forthcoming will it?

What does your question have to do with astronomy, OhBrother?

Pity - At any rate, consider yourself honored, you've gotten a whole
stanza just for yourself.

The point, which you keep failing to comprehend is that you left out
a whole stanza for yourself, OhBrother. But I can see why you left it
out. To include one would have demonstrated your hypocrisy all too
clearly.

And for the record, (in the category of hipocracy which you seem so
keen to remind us all of) I haven't seen an Astronomy relevant post
from you for over a year.

What you haven't seen is irrelevant, OhBrother. The facts are
relevant, and the fact is that I made an astronomy relevant post
immediately after someone here claimed that NEAT had discovered
2004 DW. Of course, you would know that already if you had better
reading comprehension skills. Or do you always make such claims
without checking your facts first, OhBrother? Either way, you
don't come out of this looking very good.

Good luck!

Non sequitur.

Old February 26th 04, 12:37 PM
Peter Harding

In article ,
says...
OhBrother writes:
Good luck!

Non sequitur.

****.

--
ICQ 40628243 Tel 07092057581 Fax 07092308800
Old February 26th 04, 03:01 PM
Carl R. Osterwald

I wouldn't even waste my time reading that crap. You on the other hand are
the definition
of a k00k.

Does this mean you are/were a Planet X proponent?

-=-=-=-=-

Official AFA-B Bully, Pest, and Gummint Disinformation Agent
Old February 26th 04, 06:30 PM

Peter Harding writes:

OhBrother writes:

Good luck!

Non sequitur.

****.

What does that have to do with astronomy, Harding?

Old February 26th 04, 07:23 PM
Carl R. Osterwald

OhBrother writes:

[...]

Finally, you stop to look around and realize, far too late and without
warning, that you've just entered the Tholen Zone.

-=-=-=-=-

Official AFA-B Bully, Pest, and Gummint Disinformation Agent