Touched by Crime.

Old October 3rd 08, 08:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

Default Touched by Crime.

Last night I had gone into a Safeway store to get something to eat
after 11 PM. I laid my coat down on a chair in their food court as I
often do while I went to get something from the store. Coming back,
my coat was gone! I checked with the store night manager, but she
said no one in here crew cleans up that area at that time of night.
One store employee said he saw some kid go into that area a little
earlier. I went outside and walked down along the strip mall. I
found my sweater and umbrella in a shopping cart further down the
mall. My coat I found a little further on in a secluded spot behind a
cement post where someone could have had opportunity to go through the
pockets unobserved. My vintage transister radio and the battery
charger for my prepaid cell phone were gone! The radio had a genuine
leather case cover and had been given to me by a representative of
Westinghouse in 1967 at the National 4-H Club Congress in Chicago,
because I was a promising young bright mind in the science of
electronics. The loss of the battery charger means I will have to buy
a new cell phone, because the price of a charger separately costs more
that the bundled price of buiying a phone and charger together. I
have no money for that right now.

Double-A

Old October 4th 08, 04:35 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeffâ–²Relf[_31_]

Default Garbage cans behind apartments.

The CRT monitor I'm currently using was take from
behind some apartments, next to the garbage cans.

Day-Labor places pay at the end of the day,
but you have to show up early ( 5 a.m. )
and you might end up waiting a long time ( 'til 8 a.m. ) for nothing.

You might find a phone charger at Goodwill, a second-hand store.

The radio's sentimental value is irreplaceable,
but Goodwill might have a radio you can use.
Personally, I'd look for something with a headset and an AC adaptor.

Old October 7th 08, 07:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Oct 3, 8:35 pm, Jeff$B"%(BRelf wrote:
The CRT monitor I'm currently using was take from
behind some apartments, next to the garbage cans.

Day-Labor places pay at the end of the day,
but you have to show up early ( 5 a.m. )
and you might end up waiting a long time ( 'til 8 a.m. ) for nothing.

I talked to some guys near the library the other day who were picking
up donated used computers. If I worked for them for 25 hours, I could
earn a computer from them. Of course I need a specific kind of
computer: a Wi-Fi ready laptop.

You might find a phone charger at Goodwill, a second-hand store.

I check Goodwill regularly.

The radio's sentimental value is irreplaceable,
but Goodwill might have a radio you can use.
Personally, I'd look for something with a headset and an AC adaptor.

I found that I had another vintage radio in my storage unit. Not so
convient as I can't put it in my pocket, but it is transistor, light,
and portable. I saved enough dimes and quarters from bottle returns
to by the four AA batteries it required at the Dollar Tree store for
$1. It still works! Gets FM too, and PSB.

Double-A
Old October 7th 08, 09:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
John \C\

"Double-A" wrote in message
[...]

What size boot do you wear?

Winter will be here soon and you need a good pair and I have a dozen
good pairs in sizes 10-1/2 to 13.

CHJ

p.s. Two dozen nice winter coats too.

Old October 9th 08, 12:23 AM posted to alt.astronomy
John \C\

"Double-A" wrote in message
On Oct 7, 1:18 pm, "John \"C\"" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

[...]

Size 11 is about right. I have a pair of boots, but the soles don't
have enough cusion for pounding the sidewalks for very long. The Nike
running shoes someone gave me are working really well for now.
Problem is that shipping that stuff might cost more than buying it at
Goodwill these days. But I thank you for your offer.

Double-A

Just e-mail me with an address or "General Delivery" address where you
can get stuff.

Your friend,
CHJ

Old October 11th 08, 10:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Oct 8, 4:23 pm, "John \"C\"" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

... On Oct 7, 1:18 pm, "John \"C\"" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for your concern. I could use a warm coat. I'll email you
shortly.

Double-A

Old October 12th 08, 04:40 AM posted to alt.astronomy
John \C\

"Double-A" wrote in message
On Oct 8, 4:23 pm, "John \"C\"" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

On Oct 7, 1:18 pm, "John \"C\"" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

On Oct 3, 8:35 pm, Jeff$B"%(BRelf

I'll be waiting.

CHJ

Old October 12th 08, 10:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
John \C\

"Double-A" wrote in message
On Oct 11, 8:40 pm, "John \"C\"" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

On Oct 8, 4:23 pm, "John \"C\"" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

On Oct 7, 1:18 pm, "John \"C\"" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

On Oct 3, 8:35 pm, Jeff$B"%(BRelf

wrote:
[...]

Thanks, I'll get something off Tuesday (Monday is a holiday).

CHJ

Old October 13th 08, 08:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Oct 12, 2:12 pm, "John \"C\"" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

... On Oct 11, 8:40 pm, "John \"C\"" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

On Oct 8, 4:23 pm, "John \"C\"" wrote: "Double-A" wrote in message

... On Oct 7, 1:18 pm, "John \"C\"" wrote: