Bizarre Pattern among anti-SR "Dissidents"

Old March 30th 11, 02:56 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.chem,sci.astro
kenseto[_1_]

Default Bizarre Pattern among anti-SR "Dissidents"

On Mar 29, 3:20*pm, PD wrote:
On Mar 29, 2:15*pm, kenseto wrote:

And space is physical but is not material. Space is something, not
nothing.

Einstein said space is empty

Empty means devoid of matter. That does NOT mean that it is
unphysical. He *never* said that space is not physical. That comes out
of YOUR head.

YOU have it in YOUR head that if it is not material, then it is not
physical. Physicists strenuously disagree and have for twice as long
as you've been alive.

Sigh....material objects cannot interact with each other physically if
the space between them is an empty void as asserted by Einstein.

Um.... Newton said that objects attract across an empty distance too.
Universal law of gravitation and all.
That's in your freshman physics book.

So did Faraday and Maxwell. That's in your freshman physics book too.

If you thought Einstein invented the idea of action at a distance
across empty space, I'm afraid you're three centuries behind.

But only Einstein said that space is empty.

Don't be ridiculous. He was not. Nor have you read ANYTHING by
Einstein OR the others that would tell you that.

I am not going to argue with you....Einstein did use the term empty
space.

Yes, of course he did. He was not the only one to do so, which is what
you alleged.

So? Empty space still cannot influence the path of objects.

That's what YOU say. But physicists for several hundred years have
disagreed with you.
This is what I pointed out. Newton's theory of gravity (230 years
before Einstein) involves empty space influencing the path of objects.
Faraday and Maxwell noted the same thing with empty space influencing
the path of charges and currents.

But Newton, Maxwell and faraday never deny the existence of a medium
occupying space. Only Einstein and you runts of the SRians do that.

All of this is in your freshman physics book.

You continue to say that what is in your freshman physics book cannot
happen.- Hide quoted text -

Old March 30th 11, 03:20 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.chem,sci.astro
PD

On Mar 30, 8:56*am, kenseto wrote:
On Mar 29, 3:20*pm, PD wrote:

[...]

That's simply not so, Seto.

They believed in empty space as well. Newton is rather famous for
talking about how gravity acts at a distance without any need for a
material contact between the gravitating bodies.

Only Einstein and you runts of the SRians do that.

This is simply flat wrong, Seto. I've already told you this is covered
in your elementary physics book. When you say something that is simple
disagreement with an elementary physics book, then you have some
homework to do.

Old April 1st 11, 02:54 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.chem,sci.astro
[email protected][_2_]

On Mar 29, 3:20*pm, PD wrote:

[...]

That's irrelevant....also Newton never refused to give a physical
mechanism for gravity.

Only Einstein and you runts of the SRians do that.

This is simply flat wrong, Seto. I've already told you this is covered
in your elementary physics book. When you say something that is simple
disagreement with an elementary physics book, then you have some
homework to do.

So is space empty or not???

Ken Seto

Old April 1st 11, 05:04 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.chem,sci.astro
PD

On Mar 29, 3:20*pm, PD wrote:

[...]

That's irrelevant.

I'm sorry, Ken, but historical facts that are in direct contradictions
to your claims are completely relevant.

...also Newton never refused to give a physical
mechanism for gravity.

Only Einstein and you runts of the SRians do that.

This is simply flat wrong, Seto. I've already told you this is covered
in your elementary physics book. When you say something that is simple
disagreement with an elementary physics book, then you have some
homework to do.

So is space empty or not???

Space devoid of matter does exist.

Ken Seto

Old April 1st 11, 10:25 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.chem,sci.astro
rasterspace

Newton didn't give a mechanical model of gravity;
it's just action-at-a-distance. as far as I know.
Old April 1st 11, 10:25 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.chem,sci.astro
rasterspace

= this far.
Old April 14th 11, 03:15 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.chem,sci.astro
kenseto[_1_]

On Mar 29, 3:20*pm, PD wrote:

[...]

If historical facts are correct then we don't need to do any new
physics.

...also Newton never refused to give a physical
mechanism for gravity.

Only Einstein and you runts of the SRians do that.

This is simply flat wrong, Seto. I've already told you this is covered
in your elementary physics book. When you say something that is simple
disagreement with an elementary physics book, then you have some
homework to do.

So is space empty or not???

Space devoid of matter does exist.

So how does empty space influence the path of object?

Ken Seto

Old April 15th 11, 08:22 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.chem,sci.astro
rasterspace

there's always electrons, as well as the nuclei
associated with them, around-about, some where; I mean,
*you* don't have to be a rocketscientist, and
many lives would be saved, thereby.