Galaxy is forming new stars, in tail-like regions well away fromits galactic disk

Old January 23rd 10, 03:36 PM posted to sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Galaxy is forming new stars, in tail-like regions well away fromits galactic disk

The two tails extend out 200,000 light-years from the galactic centre of
ESO 137-001. Secondly, the galaxy has a nearby companion galaxy, ESO
137-002, which also has a tail. Sounds like these two interacted with
each other in the past, but that's not mentioned in the article. In
fact, the scientists who discovered it are having trouble explaining the
tails at all, so maybe it's more complicated than that.

Yousuf Khan

***
Galaxy Has Two 'Tails' - Star-producing ones nonetheless - Softpedia
"Scientists at the Michigan State University (MSU) recently used the
famous Chandra X-ray telescope to peer deep within the Universe, and
discover one of the most peculiar galaxies out there today. The space
formation features stellar nurseries, just like any other normal galaxy,
but it does not include them within its confines. In other words, the
nurseries are located in two gas tails that the galaxy carries with it
wherever it goes. This is something that astrophysicists find
ridiculously hard to explain, or even begin to comprehend. Galaxies
don't usually carry tails with them, let alone two of them."
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Galax...s-132801.shtml
Old January 23rd 10, 04:09 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sat, 23 Jan 2010 10:36:23 -0500) it happened Yousuf Khan
wrote in :

The two tails extend out 200,000 light-years from the galactic centre of
ESO 137-001. Secondly, the galaxy has a nearby companion galaxy, ESO
137-002, which also has a tail. Sounds like these two interacted with
each other in the past, but that's not mentioned in the article. In
fact, the scientists who discovered it are having trouble explaining the
tails at all, so maybe it's more complicated than that.

Yousuf Khan

This confirms what I wrote before, the 'thing' at the centre of galaxies,
be it black hole or, in my view something we do not yet understand,
SPITS OUT the spiral arms, and in this case,
as the 'thing' is not rotating, spits it out in one direction only.
In this spit out material the stars solidify.

In a normal galaxy, the 'thing' in the centre rotates,
and spits out in two opposite directions, forming the spiral arms,
like a garden sprinkler.
This thing is a garden hose :-)

Simple.

Copyright (c) Jan Panteltje 2010 All rights reserved.
Nothing of this can be reproduced without written permission of the Author.
Violators hereby agree to punishment in the form of beheading etc...

Old January 23rd 10, 04:32 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Sam Wormley[_2_]

On 1/23/10 10:09 AM, Jan Panteltje wrote:

This confirms what I wrote before, the 'thing' at the centre of galaxies,
be it black hole or, in my view something we do not yet understand,
SPITS OUT the spiral arms,...

Jan -- you should learn what "spiral arm" really are!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiral_galaxy

Old January 23rd 10, 05:51 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sat, 23 Jan 2010 10:32:50 -0600) it happened Sam Wormley
wrote in :

On 1/23/10 10:09 AM, Jan Panteltje wrote:

This confirms what I wrote before, the 'thing' at the centre of galaxies,
be it black hole or, in my view something we do not yet understand,
SPITS OUT the spiral arms,...

Jan -- you should learn what "spiral arm" really are!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiral_galaxy

Look at a garden sprinkler.
There is plenty of evidence for my theory,
you can see some galaxies have changed direction of rotating,
resulting in spiral arms pointing the opposite way.
From that I would think that it is the direction difference from straight up,
of the ejected jets, that propels the 'thing' in the centre in one direction or the other.
If the jet[s] eject straight up it will not rotate.
If the jets are instable it may rotate one way, and then reverse direction.
Very basic observation.
Old January 23rd 10, 09:12 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Jan Panteltje wrote:
This confirms what I wrote before, the 'thing' at the centre of galaxies,
be it black hole or, in my view something we do not yet understand,
SPITS OUT the spiral arms, and in this case,
as the 'thing' is not rotating, spits it out in one direction only.
In this spit out material the stars solidify.

Well, we don't even know if the tails are parallel to the galaxy's
spiral arms, or perpendicular. If they are perpendicular, then it's
likely that this may have at one time been an Active Galactic Nucleii,
and the black hole's jets hit some intergalactic gas that was near this
galaxy at the time. When it slammed through this gas, it compressed and
created stars in the wake of this blast wave.

Yousuf Khan
Old January 23rd 10, 11:24 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:12:48 -0500) it happened Yousuf Khan
wrote in :

Jan Panteltje wrote:
This confirms what I wrote before, the 'thing' at the centre of galaxies,
be it black hole or, in my view something we do not yet understand,
SPITS OUT the spiral arms, and in this case,
as the 'thing' is not rotating, spits it out in one direction only.
In this spit out material the stars solidify.

Well, we don't even know if the tails are parallel to the galaxy's
spiral arms, or perpendicular. If they are perpendicular, then it's
likely that this may have at one time been an Active Galactic Nucleii,
and the black hole's jets hit some intergalactic gas that was near this
galaxy at the time. When it slammed through this gas, it compressed and
created stars in the wake of this blast wave.

Yousuf Khan

I find it hard to belive tha they say 'how can this tail of gas follow the galaxy'
whei anybody who has ever played wit hfirwork or rockst cn
see the tell tale of aan object EMMITTING mayeyr, pushing in in one direction.
So it is not 'the gas cload following the galaxy', but is it tha thing
emitting a jet i nwan way propelling i tforwad in the opposite way,
it MAKES the cloud.

If somebody was to ask me to loo ka ta site tha texplain why teh eart his flat based on soem wild theory
I would not look, as clearly the earth is round.
To state 'teh gas cload follopwes that thing' is an insane statement,
based on a total lacj of undrestandin gand intelligence by whoever came up with it.

And other example of bogus science.
Old January 23rd 10, 11:27 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Jan Panteltje

wrote in :

Jan Panteltje wrote:
This confirms what I wrote before, the 'thing' at the centre of galaxies,
be it black hole or, in my view something we do not yet understand,
SPITS OUT the spiral arms, and in this case,
as the 'thing' is not rotating, spits it out in one direction only.
In this spit out material the stars solidify.

Well, we don't even know if the tails are parallel to the galaxy's
spiral arms, or perpendicular. If they are perpendicular, then it's
likely that this may have at one time been an Active Galactic Nucleii,
and the black hole's jets hit some intergalactic gas that was near this
galaxy at the time. When it slammed through this gas, it compressed and
created stars in the wake of this blast wave.

Yousuf Khan

I find it hard to believe that hey say 'how can this tail of gas follow the galaxy'
while anybody who has ever played with firework or rockets can
see the tell tale of an object EMITTING matter, pushing it in one direction.
So it is not 'the gas cloud following the galaxy', but is it that thing
emitting a jet in one way and propelling it forward in the opposite way,
it MAKES the cloud.

If somebody was to ask me to look at a site that explain why the earth is flat based on some wild theory
I would not look, as clearly the earth is round.
To state 'the gas cloud follows that thing' is an insane statement,
based on a total lack of understanding and intelligence by whoever came up with it.

And other example of bogus science.
Old January 24th 10, 12:31 AM posted to sci.astro
gb[_3_]

The two tails are the two ends of the main spiral arms.

Galaxies have two main arms which begin giving off mass
at one point.

Michio Kaku was one of those scientists who showed
that without dark matter a galaxy would not stay together.

When the dark matter energy bubble is disrupted, possibly
from a near collision at the galaxy core with a small galaxy,
the dark matter machine gives up.
Old January 24th 10, 05:06 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Jan Panteltje wrote:
I find it hard to belive tha they say 'how can this tail of gas follow the galaxy'
whei anybody who has ever played wit hfirwork or rockst cn
see the tell tale of aan object EMMITTING mayeyr, pushing in in one direction.
So it is not 'the gas cload following the galaxy', but is it tha thing
emitting a jet i nwan way propelling i tforwad in the opposite way,
it MAKES the cloud.

If somebody was to ask me to loo ka ta site tha texplain why teh eart his flat based on soem wild theory
I would not look, as clearly the earth is round.
To state 'teh gas cload follopwes that thing' is an insane statement,
based on a total lacj of undrestandin gand intelligence by whoever came up with it.

And other example of bogus science.

Hey, what happened here, it sounds like you ran it through a jive talk
translator.

Yousuf Khan
Old January 24th 10, 12:09 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sun, 24 Jan 2010 00:06:24 -0500) it happened Yousuf Khan
wrote in :

Hey, what happened here, it sounds like you ran it through a jive talk
translator.

Yousuf Khan

Those intergalactic links sometimes have interference.