Pulsating variables and two exoplanet transits

Old May 1st 11, 01:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Anthony Ayiomamitis[_1_]

Default Pulsating variables and two exoplanet transits

Dear group,

With the weather showing its ugliest side in many years with serious
downtime due to clouds and rains, I have managed to be quasi-
productive by doing photometry work on the odd night where the skies
were somewhat clear and in spite of the fact the seeing has been
horrific on a very steady basis.

Pulsating variables captured during March and April include:

(1) http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...5-20110424.htm
- GSC 5018:1085 in Ser
(2) http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...H-20110423.htm - EH in
Lib
(3) http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...8-20110422.htm
- GSC 1442:1358 in Com
(4) http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...7-20110421.htm
- GSC 3428:1497 in UMa
(5) http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...3-20110403.htm
- GSC 4923:0693 in Leo
(6) http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...4-20110326.htm
- GSC 3490:0814 in Her
(7) http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...8-20110325.htm
- GSC 4552:1498 in Dra
(8) http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...4-20110319.htm
- GSC 3074:0114 in Her
(9) http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...0-20110314.htm
- GSC 0191:1230 in CMi
(10) http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...V-20110312.htm - QV
Vir

There were also a couple of exoplanet transits pursued during March
and April, namely:

(1) http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...3-20110324.htm (HAT-
P-3b in UMa)
(2) http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...4-20110423.htm
(GJ1214b in Oph)

The latter exoplanet transit (GJ 1214b) has the host star with a
magnitude of 14.67 and which coupled with the very brief duration of
the transit itself (52 min) yield a very difficult task at hand.
Although there was an admireable effort with the AP160, I plan to
revisit GJ1214b with the AP RHA when the weather finally returns to
normal.

May has already started on the wrong foot with clouds and rains being
predicted for all of next week.

Anthony.
Old May 1st 11, 01:54 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sam Wormley[_2_]

On 4/30/11 7:15 PM, Anthony Ayiomamitis wrote:
[...]

Thank You Anthony!
-Sam
Old May 1st 11, 07:33 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ben[_2_]

(2)http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...-20110423.htm- EH in
(10)http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...-20110312.htm- QV

(1)http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...0324.htm*(HAT-
P-3b in UMa)
(2)http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Photomet...4-20110423.htm
(GJ1214b in Oph)

The latter exoplanet transit (GJ 1214b) has the host star with a
magnitude of 14.67 and which coupled with the very brief duration of
the transit itself (52 min) yield a very difficult task at hand.
Although there was an admireable effort with the AP160, I plan to
revisit GJ1214b with the AP RHA when the weather finally returns to
normal.

May has already started on the wrong foot with clouds and rains being
predicted for all of next week.

Anthony.

Thank you, Anthony.
Ben