White glow near Southern Cross

Old January 25th 04, 01:29 AM
Kerry

Default White glow near Southern Cross

Does anyone know what the glow in the vicinity of the Southern Cross is?

I live in Orange NSW Australia which is on the 33rd degree south of the
equator, not far in fact from the Parkes Radio Telescope which was the
subject of the film "the Dish" starring Sam Niell.

The last few nights I have had cause to waken at around 4 am and as it
is summer here and at an altitude of about 3000 feet with the outside air
totally clear the night sky is brilliant. The Southern Cross is nearing
vertical
about that time (4 am). Looking at the cross there is a large white glow
visible
to the left of the cross about the width of my hand away from the left side
of
it with arm stretched out at about 11 o'clock from the centre of the cross.

Orion was nearing setting this morning at about 4-30 (Eastern Australia
Summer time) and three moons of Jupiter were as clear as I have ever
seen them with my 10 X 50 binoculars.

The size of the not exactly bright but definitely visible glow is about a
quarter
of an inch in diameter or about half the width of my littlest finger nail
with my
arm stretched out. At 60 I have never seen anything like it before. It is
an
even, dull white glow, circular, and in exactly the same spot each night
relative to the Southern Cross as I have described its position above.

TIA from Kerry

Old January 25th 04, 03:53 AM

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:29:32 +1100, "Kerry"
wrote:

[...]

You've got me interested. I live at Adelaide, bang on -35.00 and I'll
have a look in the early hours.

Old January 25th 04, 03:58 AM
Geoff

wrote:

[...]

Could be Omega Centauri , which is the brightest of all globular
clusters and visible to the naked eye even in my suburban back yard as
a faint round smudge of light.
Old January 25th 04, 07:53 AM
Andrew W

"Kerry" wrote in message
[...]

It could be a cloaked ship. Maybe a mothership.
Many channelled sources are saying that there are many cloaked ships in our
part of the galaxy now to see whether we blow ourselves up or learn to live
in
peace.

Being near the city (Sydney) I can't see it unfortunately.

I did see a round cluster formation of objects move across the sky at high
speed about two years ago though.
They were evenly spaced so they couldn't have been meteorites.

Andrew.

Old January 26th 04, 06:58 AM
Kilolani

"Andrew W" wrote in message
u...

It could be a cloaked ship. Maybe a mothership.
Many channelled sources are saying that there are many cloaked ships in

our
part of the galaxy now to see whether we blow ourselves up or learn to

live
in
peace.

I hate to burst your bubble... but if it was a "cloaked" ship he/she
wouldn't see it, now would they?

Sheesh... if you're going to be a kook, at least be a consitent one.

Old January 26th 04, 07:09 AM
Kilolani

wrote:

Does anyone know what the glow in the vicinity of the Southern Cross is?

The size of the not exactly bright but definitely visible glow is about a
quarter
of an inch in diameter or about half the width of my littlest finger nail
with my
arm stretched out. At 60 I have never seen anything like it before. It

is
an
even, dull white glow, circular, and in exactly the same spot each night
relative to the Southern Cross as I have described its position above.

TIA from Kerry

Could be Omega Centauri , which is the brightest of all globular
clusters and visible to the naked eye even in my suburban back yard as
a faint round smudge of light.

If it is I concur that it's most likely Omega Centauri (NGC 5139), which is
actually slightly larger in the sky than the full moon, but of course much,
much fainter. Estimates of the number of stars in Omega range between 1 and
5 million.

Old January 26th 04, 09:16 AM
Andrew W

"Kilolani" wrote in message
news

"Andrew W" wrote in message
u...

It could be a cloaked ship. Maybe a mothership.
Many channelled sources are saying that there are many cloaked ships in

our
part of the galaxy now to see whether we blow ourselves up or learn to
live in peace.

I hate to burst your bubble... but if it was a "cloaked" ship he/she
wouldn't see it, now would they?

You're assuming that the cloaking system is operating at 100% and that the
occupants aren't allowing themselves to be seen on purpose.

Sheesh... if you're going to be a kook, at least be a consitent one.

You mean a logical one.

Define kook.
Could it be one who has merely decided to think outside the square?

--
Andrew Werner.
Religion investigator, dogma police and thought provocateur.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
- Albert Einstein

Religion Exposed!
http://members.optusnet.com.au/ajwerner/

Old January 26th 04, 11:18 AM
Martin Lewicki

Geoff wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Yep, I'd have to agree.

Martin
Old January 26th 04, 08:19 PM
CLT

Define kook.
Could it be one who has merely decided to think outside the square?

Having looked at your webpage, your post is more understandable.

Religion Exposed!

No, just bitter nonthinking.

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor