Infinity,Intelligent Life, New Worlds

Old June 7th 05, 08:39 PM
Marcus Aurelius

Default Infinity,Intelligent Life, New Worlds

There is intelligent life out side of our solar system as the universe is
infinite and the means of creating life is, also, infinite.
Our solar system is finite as is the means of creating and evolving life in
the same is finite.
The number of new worlds containing new forms of intelligent life and
created in new manners is, also, infinite.
Such was the logic of ancient scientific philosophers.
I see no error in the aforementioned reasoning.
As a result, I accept the same as absolute proof of the same

Old June 7th 05, 08:58 PM
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:39:25 GMT) it happened "Marcus Aurelius"
wrote in
:

There is intelligent life out side of our solar system as the universe is
infinite and the means of creating life is, also, infinite.
Our solar system is finite as is the means of creating and evolving life in
the same is finite.
The number of new worlds containing new forms of intelligent life and
created in new manners is, also, infinite.
Such was the logic of ancient scientific philosophers.
I see no error in the aforementioned reasoning.
As a result, I accept the same as absolute proof of the same

Hi, I am Zoink from the planet Oink, and you are quite right.
I'v been living now on your earth planet for some years and the lifeforms
here continue to amaze me no end.
However, do you have an explanation why, given the infinities, we cannot watch
TV from other planets here?

Old June 7th 05, 09:50 PM
DT

The trouble is...
If the universe is infinite, with an infinite number of life forms, the
distance between those life forms can also be infinite.
Logic's a bitch...

Denis
--
DT
change nospam: n o s p a m
Old June 7th 05, 10:23 PM
Uncle Al

Marcus Aurelius wrote:

There is intelligent life out side of our solar system as the universe is
infinite and the means of creating life is, also, infinite.

Saying you have a new tax deducation and making it stick are two
different things.

Our solar system is finite as is the means of creating and evolving life in
the same is finite.

Zero content.

The number of new worlds containing new forms of intelligent life and
created in new manners is, also, infinite.

Zero content. Which infinity do you want, git? The number of
integers, the number of points on a line, the number of functions
through a point... The number of integers is a piffle infinity - it's
countable.

Such was the logic of ancient scientific philosophers.
I see no error in the aforementioned reasoning.
As a result, I accept the same as absolute proof of the same

Idiot.

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/