Did we ever go to the moon???

Old January 12th 05, 05:52 PM
Ben Bradley

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 21:13:25 +0000 (UTC),
(Morris Jones) wrote:

Iceman-Jamie wrote:
Well that was one of my points that I hoped everyone would pick up.And if
we left all that stuff there would'nt it reflect the sunlight back like an
Iridium sat. Even without resolution we sould be able to see tiny flashes
in the area that we left them, Lots of shiny things.

I know I'm just talking to a brick wall, but innumeracy like this is chronic
these days.

An Iridium satellite orbits at about 480 miles. The Moon is 240,000 miles
away. Do the math.

NASA paid to have a 100-inch telescope built at the McDonald Observatory in
Ft. Davis, TX, to detect the laser returns from the corner reflectors on the
Moon.

If the Moon landings were faked, why would they have repeated it SIX TIMES?

ISTR that one of the moonwalks was at 4AM (EST), and IIRC I got up
to watch it and they had cancelled the coverage. Regardless, the TV
coverage of later Apollo missions (other than of course 13) wasn't
nearly as much as 11, and I was really disappointed.

snide remark
They schedule said the missions were to go through Apollo 21, so
they had to keep doing it, but maybe they were running low on
production money for these films. Perhaps the Apollo 12 mission's
rating were so much lower that they staged the ill-fated Apollo 13 in
an effort to rekindle public interest and get sympathy. They ran out
of funds with Apollo 17.
/

Can someone clear up a detail on this theory? I'm not down with it.
Do these conspiracist maintain that ALL Apollo missions (including 8,
the first alleged manned mission around the far side) were faked?

Any good con man knows to get out of town after you fool your mark once.

I thought about my earlier post in this thread, and it seemed I
heard something about ESO's VLT array was going to look at the Moon (I
happened to catch a fascinating show on its design and building on the
Science Channel), perhaps even try to detect a landing site, as part
of its testing. I didn't find that specifically, but I found this
page:

http://www.eso.org/outreach/press-re...hot-19-02.html
Quoting,
"The nominal image sharpness is 0.07 arcsec, or about 130 metres on
the lunar surface (in the N-S direction). Elevation differences of a
few tens of metres only are therefore visible by the shadows they
cast. The VLT image represents what an astronaut (with normal eye
acuity of 1 arcmin) would see from 400 km above the surface."

If the astronauts had only spent an extra hour or two putting up a
60+ foot flag on a huge flagpole, or laid down a flag the size of a
(US) football field (roughly 100x50 meters), we would have a decent
chance of seeing an artifact on the Moon from the best technology
existing on Earth 30 years later. snideWhat a regrettable lack of
foresight.../

"In 1969, we didn't have the technology to fake the Moon landings."
-- Geoff Moore

Mojo

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
Old January 12th 05, 08:02 PM
Steve Taylor

Ben Bradley wrote:
I thought about my earlier post in this thread, and it seemed I
heard something about ESO's VLT array was going to look at the Moon (I
happened to catch a fascinating show on its design and building on the
Science Channel), perhaps even try to detect a landing site, as part
of its testing. I didn't find that specifically, but I found this
page:

http://www.eso.org/outreach/press-re...hot-19-02.html
Quoting,
"The nominal image sharpness is 0.07 arcsec, or about 130 metres on
the lunar surface (in the N-S direction). Elevation differences of a
few tens of metres only are therefore visible by the shadows they
cast. The VLT image represents what an astronaut (with normal eye
acuity of 1 arcmin) would see from 400 km above the surface."

Has this turned up anywhere in this thread ?
http://www.tass-survey.org/richmond/...nder.html#clem

Steve
Old January 12th 05, 11:45 PM
Fredrick Garvin

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:52:20 +0000, Ben Bradley wrote:

If the astronauts had only spent an extra hour or two putting up a
60+ foot flag on a huge flagpole, or laid down a flag the size of a
(US) football field (roughly 100x50 meters), we would have a decent
chance of seeing an artifact on the Moon from the best technology
existing on Earth 30 years later. snideWhat a regrettable lack of
foresight.../

We didn't know that 30 years later there would be a dozen ****ing morons
that still don't believe we went due to ****ty parenting and lousy
schooling by their teachers....

Old January 13th 05, 07:37 AM
Wally Anglesea™

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:45:10 GMT, Fredrick Garvin
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:52:20 +0000, Ben Bradley wrote:

If the astronauts had only spent an extra hour or two putting up a
60+ foot flag on a huge flagpole, or laid down a flag the size of a
(US) football field (roughly 100x50 meters), we would have a decent
chance of seeing an artifact on the Moon from the best technology
existing on Earth 30 years later. snideWhat a regrettable lack of
foresight.../

We didn't know that 30 years later there would be a dozen ****ing morons
that still don't believe we went due to ****ty parenting and lousy
schooling by their teachers....

You know what would be cool?

If only we could get the hoax believers in the same room as these
people:

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...ruth/fire1.htm

These guys claim that there sekrit moon base was destroyed by them
russkies in a sekrit war.

I heard a taped broadcast by one of these nutters, back in the 80's.
Apparently Armstrong and Aldrin *DID* go to the Moon, but they were
killed by the aliens and their clones were sent back to Earth in their
place.

--

Find out about Australia's most dangerous Doomsday Cult:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/wanglese/pebble.htm

"You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down."
Old January 13th 05, 11:26 AM
Iceman-Jamie Iceman-Jamie is offline
Member

Location: Keflavik, Iceland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Anglesea™
wrote:

[...]

My god, I dont even belive that.
Old January 13th 05, 11:50 PM
Fredrick Garvin

wrote:

[...]

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA!! That site is freakin' HILARIOUS! I wonder if these
assclowns REALLY believe it?!

Oh man that is rich!

Go read it folks, have a great big belly laugh!

Old January 14th 05, 12:00 AM
Jan Owen

Better yet, quit responding to the trolls...

--
Jan Owen

To reach me directly, remove the Z, if one appears in my e-mail address...
Latitude: 33.662
Longitude: -112.3272

"Fredrick Garvin" wrote in message
news

Old January 14th 05, 01:46 AM
Tom McDonald

wrote:

[...]

I'd pay good money to see one of *those* nutters confront Buzz,
too! :-)

--
Tom McDonald
http://ahwhatdoiknow.blogspot.com/
Old January 28th 05, 01:18 PM
HAVRILIAK

nless they go and see for themselves they will never believe it.

Not quite. They will claim that they were hypnotized

Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla UK Astronomy 11 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
significant addition to section 25 of the faq heat UK Astronomy 1 April 15th 04 01:20 AM
The Apollo FAQ (moon landings were faked) Nathan Jones Misc 8 February 4th 04 06:48 PM
The Apollo Moon Hoax FAQ v4.1 November 2003 Nathan Jones Misc 20 November 11th 03 07:33 PM