Transit from W. Michigan

Old June 9th 04, 12:50 AM
Stan Jensen

Default Transit from W. Michigan

http://cebalrai.home.comcast.net/transit.htm
Old June 9th 04, 01:11 AM
Chris1011

http://cebalrai.home.comcast.net/transit.htm

Nice series of pictures!

Roland Christen
Old June 9th 04, 05:49 AM
JWalkerMI

Some of the best I have seen of the transit.

Jack
A fellow West Michigander
Old June 9th 04, 04:28 PM
Stephen Paul

"Stan Jensen" wrote in message
http://cebalrai.home.comcast.net/transit.htm

You folks (and you know who you are) do not dissapoint.

As one who, knowing full well there would be a lot of images available after
the fact, chose not to view the event live, interestingly enough, the best
images, IMO, are the ones that most represent a naked eye view. It is a lot
easier to sense the impact of the event on the heart and mind, imagining
oneself seeing the planet's disc transit the sun live, through naked eye
filtered glass only. Seems more natural. I especially enjoyed the first two
images on Stan Jensen's web page.

If there are more of these "natural" views around, I'd love to see them.

--
-Stephen Paul

Old June 10th 04, 01:39 AM
Mike Fitterman

Steve,

You should have come with us for the event. When the Sun rose over the
horizon there was just enough haze to dim the sun down so that you could see
Venus on the Sun with the naked eye with no other filters or obstructions.
It's one of the top events that I've seen all time. It was just astounding
to look at it that way.

The next best thing was Paul's new Coronado scope. It was really awesome to
look at the even on the H-Alpha band.

I should have come over and woken you up. Good thing the rest of the folks
here aren't so lazy in the morning ;-)

Mike.

Old June 10th 04, 06:30 AM
Stephen Paul

Three things to keep in mind:

1) I sleep from 1AM to 7:30AM during the week, and 2AM to 9:30AM on the
weekends.

2) I'm not all that interested in planets, transits, or seeing sunrise.

3) I am happy with #1 and #2.

-Steve Paul