"First Man" ...revisited: YouSuck-MZ

Old September 23rd 18, 05:56 PM posted to sci.space.history
Stuf4

Default "First Man" ...revisited: YouSuck-MZ

From Jeff Findley:
In article ,
says...

I wrote:
From Jeff Findley:
In article ,
says...

I see this to be a very important topic. Ways that we as human beings
can figure out how to get along without killing each other.
snip

Off topic for sci.space.history. It's well known the first groups of
astronauts came from the US military. Beyond that, you're delving into
political, social, and military issues. None of these have anything to
do with sci.space.

I really don't know why you insist on posting deliberately inflamatory
and/or off topic posts.

Neil Armstrong and flying to the Moon is off topic from ssh? Now that's a
curious response that I never would have predicted.

I did not word that very well. What I meant to say is this:

["delving into political, social, and military issues"] surrounding
Neil Armstrong and flying to the Moon is off topic from ssh?

This is still just one step away from the discussion of Von-Braun,
former German aerospace engineers, and Nazis which has been done
countless times on these groups. I personally won't entertain this sort
of topic. It just ticks people off and never results in anything
positive.

snip

One day the FBI files on Von Braun will be released. And that will make for a fascinating discussion. My own expectation, when that day comes, is that there will be huge potential for positive things to come out of that.

~ CT
Old September 24th 18, 11:05 PM posted to sci.space.history
Stuf4

From Dean Markley:
On Sunday, September 23, 2018 at 11:59:33 AM UTC-5, Stuf4 wrote:
From Jeff Findley:
In article ,
says...

snip
Neil Armstrong and flying to the Moon is off topic from ssh? Now
that's a curious response that I never would have predicted.

On topic.

Why have I highlighted the topic of Neil and other lunar astronauts
having killed people?

Off topic, IMHO. I personally won't entertain this nonsense.

As has been shown earlier in this thread, this issue was not off topic for James Hansen, the one and only person, out of 7+ billion, whom Neil Armstrong entrusted as his official biographer.

~ CT

Feel free to discuss off topic material with yourself then. You're either
trolling or you just like to read your own writings. Either way, what Jeff
said is correct.

Trolling is insincere commentary made for the purpose of inciting visceral response. If you see my contributions here to be trolling, then you must also see James Hansen's space.com Op-Ed to be trolling as well.

Armstrong had the opportunity to mow down all those Korean soldiers. He opted to not do that.

You dismiss this as off-topic, nothing to do with space history.
Hansen sees it to have everything to do with space history.

The other option you're seeing is that I like to read my own writings. I actually DO. I write and keep MANY notes to myself. I am continually writing and sending emails to myself. I do this within my email account, because it is very convenient to search through and find old messages that are decades old.

One thing I do *not* do is post to the entire planet info that I see to be only of interest to myself. Things I choose to share here at ssh are things that I see to have potential benefit to others. This does not mean you, specifically. But I hope you are aware that just because you have no interest in a topic, that does not necessarily mean that absolutely no one else will have no interest in it as well.

Did you know that story about Armstrong flying his Panther with that opportunity to kill all those Korean soldiers? No, I don't need your answer to that. But I know that since the time that this thread was started, I myself have learned some absolutely fascinating facts about space history. I am very appreciative that Hansen decided to share that story with the world.

You may not. But just cause you don't, that does not mean that others here don't.

What is especially strange is that SSH is a near-dead forum. Yet you and Jeff act like you are doing some kind of public service by policing it. Policing it from this danger that you see me to be posing because of my contributions to space history, just because you don't like what I have to say.

~ CT
Old September 25th 18, 12:13 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article ,
says...

From Dean Markley:
On Sunday, September 23, 2018 at 11:59:33 AM UTC-5, Stuf4 wrote:
From Jeff Findley:
In article ,
says...
snip
Neil Armstrong and flying to the Moon is off topic from ssh? Now
that's a curious response that I never would have predicted.

On topic.

Why have I highlighted the topic of Neil and other lunar astronauts
having killed people?

Off topic, IMHO. I personally won't entertain this nonsense.

As has been shown earlier in this thread, this issue was not off topic for James Hansen, the one and only person, out of 7+ billion, whom Neil Armstrong entrusted as his official biographer.

~ CT

Feel free to discuss off topic material with yourself then. You're either
trolling or you just like to read your own writings. Either way, what Jeff
said is correct.

Trolling is insincere commentary made for the purpose of inciting
visceral response.

What the astronauts did prior to joining NASA is well known. It's in
their NASA bios. But *you* framed it as "they killed people" which
absolutely *is* inflammatory. I personally won't entertain such a
discussion.

If you see my contributions here to be trolling,
then you must also see James Hansen's space.com Op-Ed to be trolling
as well.

It's an op-ed. I can take it or leave it as I see fit. I have not read
it and don't plan to read it.

You can't *make* people discuss topics with you. And yes, you're
trolling by your own definition. You're trying to skirt the edges of
what's topical and inflammatory at the same time.

Jeff