And you thought global warming theory was B.S? This is even moreridiculous. Controlling gravity

Old April 20th 16, 07:51 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Default And you thought global warming theory was B.S? This iseven more ridiculous. Controlling gravity

wrote:
On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 1:30:53 PM UTC-4, Mike Collins wrote:

There are no British subjects. The term is British citizens.

To whom/what do you pledge/swear allegiance?

Case closed.

This pledging and swearing allegiance is for Americans. We don't bother
with such nonsense. There is a ceremony for those taking British
citizenship though.

Old April 20th 16, 08:17 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 2:47:19 PM UTC-4, palsing wrote:
On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 11:32:16 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 1:44:55 PM UTC-4, palsing wrote:
On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 9:24:54 AM UTC-7, wrote:

I think snell should proceed directly to Belfast and prove Gerald wrong!

If it's that important to you then you should go there and try to prove Gerald right!

No, YOU are the person who declared that Gerald was *incorrect*.

So, prove it!

No, Gerald and you have to prove if he is right.
Old April 20th 16, 08:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 2:54:32 PM UTC-4, Mike Collins wrote:
wsnell01 wrote:
On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 1:30:53 PM UTC-4, Mike Collins wrote:

There are no British subjects. The term is British citizens.

To whom/what do you pledge/swear allegiance?

Case closed.

This pledging and swearing allegiance is for Americans. We don't bother
with such nonsense. There is a ceremony for those taking British
citizenship though.

....and in many other situations roughly paralleling the US Pledge of Allegiance:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_o...ted_Kingdom%29

Again, case closed.

Old April 20th 16, 08:35 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

wsnell01 wrote:
On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 1:30:53 PM UTC-4, Mike Collins wrote:

There are no British subjects. The term is British citizens.

To whom/what do you pledge/swear allegiance?

Case closed.

This pledging and swearing allegiance is for Americans. We don't bother
with such nonsense. There is a ceremony for those taking British
citizenship though.

...and in many other situations roughly paralleling the US Pledge of Allegiance:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_o...ted_Kingdom%29

Again, case closed.

I have never pledged allegiance and if forced to I would register a
protest. I am in favour of a republic but like most British I'm not that
bothered since the royal family have little power and it would be a lot of
trouble to get rid of them.

Yet in the USA you force children in most states to recite the ridiculous
and unconstitutional pledge of allegiance at school.

Madness!

Old April 20th 16, 08:54 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

wsnell01 wrote:
On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 1:30:53 PM UTC-4, Mike Collins wrote:

There are no British subjects. The term is British citizens.

To whom/what do you pledge/swear allegiance?

Case closed.

This pledging and swearing allegiance is for Americans. We don't bother
with such nonsense. There is a ceremony for those taking British
citizenship though.

...and in many other situations roughly paralleling the US Pledge of Allegiance:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_o...ted_Kingdom%29

Again, case closed.

I have never pledged allegiance and if forced to I would register a
protest. I am in favour of a republic but like most British I'm not that
bothered since the royal family have little power and it would be a lot of
trouble to get rid of them.

So you admit that allegiance is pledged to a monarch.

Yet in the USA you force children in most states to recite

Force? How?

the ridiculous
and unconstitutional pledge of allegiance at school.

Well, there you go. WE have a Constitution, you don't.

Again, case closed.

Old April 20th 16, 09:03 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 1:58:28 PM UTC+1, wrote:

"British" refers to citizens of the UK and Ireland. Ireland is one of the British Isles, and Northern Ireland is part of the UK, therefore "British."

People who are either English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh are all British, just as people who are either English, French, German, Italian, etc, are all European.

Hope that helps.

I thought this was a forum low point which has really nothing to do with a nationalistic view and sovereign States are sovereign States and nothing much to add to it however it turns out there is an even greater depth of mindlessness.

The inability to use a portion of the brain that reasons is a straightforward way doesn't seem to be present in any of you and that presents huge difficulties for the rest of society and especially the education system.

Old April 22nd 16, 05:08 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 1:58:28 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 8:36:51 AM UTC-4, oriel36 wrote:
On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 1:14:12 PM UTC+1, wsne... wrote:
On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 7:59:16 AM UTC-4, oriel36 wrote:

Any responsible person will realize that this is nothing more than attention seeking...

Says the idiot whose voluminous nonsense in this group stands third only to peterson's and chrisbcritter's.

Odd that you, chrisbcritter (and, I suspect, peterson) are all of British origin. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Oh no, how could you, how terrible that you would call me British instead of Irish !!!!.

"British" refers to citizens of the UK and Ireland. Ireland is one of the British Isles, and Northern Ireland is part of the UK, therefore "British.."

People who are either English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh are all British, just as people who are either English, French, German, Italian, etc, are all European.

Hope that helps.

What makes this a forum low point and an intellectual nadir was not something as stupid as your 'reasoning' ,if it can be called that, nor even that the other guy would be forced to agree with you on principle, it is the subversion of technical terms like geography and geometry.

What you wrote is a symptom of an illness that falls between boyhood and adulthood and one shared by many here however, although you show more pronounced symptoms,others have found common ground to share a mindless type of chatter that goes nowhere and does nothing.

Maybe there is a forum called sci.attention seeker.com that would suit you better .