An astronomical divide

Old April 18th 15, 07:29 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default An astronomical divide

As the Earth moves through space and around the Sun, stars within the field of vision and lying close to the Earth's orbital plane and the Sun's glare disappear from view for a certain period -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeQwYrfmvoQ

This simple and effective perspective allows observers to not only put the Earth's orbital motion into context but also put the motions of Venus and Mercury into crystal clear perspective as they appear to stop when they reach their maximum distance to the central Sun as seen from a moving Earth before they swing back in front of the Sun -

http://www.masil-astro-imaging.com/S...age%20flat.jpg

The Earth's orbital motion is accounted for in an entirely different way when observing the outer planets for they appear to stop in their forward motion as the faster moving Earth catches up and causes them to temporarily fall behind in view as seen in the time lapse footage of Jupiter and Saturn -

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0112/JuSa2000_tezel.gif

I urge teachers to pick up on the necessary partitioning between perspectives which prove the Earth moves through space and orbits the Sun between the inner and outer planets.

Old April 18th 15, 09:40 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?vîQwYrfmvoQ

[...]

And here is the same conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn seen from out of the
plane of the ecliptic and stationary with respect to the Sun.

http://youtu.be/8fdrF9-g8us
Old April 19th 15, 04:20 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

I entirely agree with what Chris.B wrote on Saturday 4th April 2015. We must ALL totally ignore Gerald - for Gerald's sake and for the sake of the wider astronomical community.

In my opinion Gerald is getting worse rather than better and I share Chris.B's concerns about "what might happen next"!

"Should we really be continuing to argue with someone who is so obviously mentally ill? By his own words he has condemned himself to that interpretation, countless times, here and on other forums, over quite a number of years..

What worries me is that this mentally ill person is expressing increasingly aggressive behaviour towards those who argue with his ridiculous fantasies.. How long will it be before this mentally ill person channels his aggression and frustration into a physical attack on an innocent victim? Do we really want to be responsible, as a group, for triggering such an attack?

This mentally ill person cannot, or will not, obtain treatment for his serious behavioural problems. Or perhaps, his symptoms do not readily respond to therapy or medication. I can only suggest, yet again, that nobody here responds to this person. At what point does your own, endless repetition display your own behavioural problems? Think about that before your next auto-response to this person's next ridiculous diatribe.

I'm sure we all used to think we were dealing with yet another, deliberately irritating troll pretending to have very eccentric views. However, the severity of his symptoms have developed in lock step with the negative attention he has received online.

He has repeatedly shown sociopathic responses to his responders and clearly lacks any moral sense of responsibility for his own actions. For example; he has repeatedly published my private emails on this forum in direct reaction to my open criticism of his endlessly repeated fantasies.

The situation has now become very like deliberately baiting a mentally ill person. One who insists on going out into public places to berate bystanders with his infantile fantasies. Nobody can have missed the escalating expressions of aggression towards his critics. Who can say that this clearly unbalanced person will not step over the line into a physical attack on a completely random bystander?

As yourself: Who will your next response to this unbalanced person impress? Certainly not the OP! So why bother? To impress this forum's dwindling readership with your unmatched educational skills and Pavlov auto-pedantry? Really?"
Old April 24th 15, 04:30 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Another astronomical divide is much more apparent to everyone who experiences warmth and cold as a consequence of the motions of the Earth. The polar day/night cycle at the North and South poles lasts 1 year and most certainly students would find the cause of that cycle easy to understand if they were drawn to the rotational cause behind the daily day/night cycle.

The Earth has two surface rotations to the central Sun corresponding to two separate day/night cycles and it is about time others put their efforts towards getting this perception up and running as an explanation for the seasons where these dual rotations merge.

There is a popular saying among theorists that 'there is nothing North of the North pole' but in the 21st century this is just plain silly. The North pole is roughly 1600 miles South of the ecliptic pole which is defined by the circle of illumination and the central orbital plane. The North and South poles turn in a circle parallel with the orbital plane therefore they are the only surface points that isolate the surface rotation to the central Sun whereas all other surface points have a combination of the dual surface rotations.

Start off with the polar day/night cycle at the North or South pole and its cause and nobody will get lost as they incorporate the other day/night cycle of daily rotation.

Old April 25th 15, 06:28 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

I would have thought that at least a few people would be interested in the fact that we,as human beings, experience two forms of natural temperature fluctuations as our home planet turns in two separate way to the Sun. The temperatures rises and falls as the planet turns each day in response to intrinsic rotation and yet again, rises and falls more slowly as the Earth moves through space and turns to the central Sun as it does so.

If my descriptions are poor or unclear despite the accuracy of this insight then it is up to other readers to clean up or improve the means by which the dual surface rotations to the central Sun are brought into wider circulation.

The imaging of the Hubble telescope is being rightly praised these last few days yet there is that time lapse footage of dual surface rotations which has been neglected even though it is one of the greatest achievements of that instrument -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=612gSZsplpE

For an amazing 20 seconds beginning at 36 seconds into that time lapse, the dual rotations become so clear and demonstrate why it is necessary to drop the obstruction of 'axial precession' in order to facilitate appreciation of two separate rotations to the central Sun.

Old April 25th 15, 08:24 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?va2gSZsplpE

For an amazing 20 seconds beginning at 36 seconds into that time lapse,
the dual rotations become so clear and demonstrate why it is necessary to
drop the obstruction of 'axial precession' in order to facilitate
appreciation of two separate rotations to the central Sun.

Invalid video ID. Perhaps you're dreaming it.
Old April 25th 15, 09:44 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

There have to be decent people out there willing to accept that the year long polar day/night cycle arises from rotation and that feature is attributable to the Earth motion through space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=612gSZsplpE

It should be immediately obvious that the main obstruction to appreciating that the Earth has two separate rotations to the central Sun is the flawed notion of 'axial precession'. This is why drawing on visible experiences and other data like rising and falling temperatures daily and annually highlight the need for this accurate a fresh approach.

This is not like any other era, I wouldn't have time to dwell on whether the insight is accepted or not, whether academics sulk or any agenda that might be disrupted - this shows that astronomy and astronomers are every bit as current in terms of talent and innovation as people engaged in sports,music, literature or any other endeavor where achievement is recognizable. In short, it for for people who can see the appeal of separate rotations to account for separate day/night cycles rather than the dour,doom laden prediction merchants and their vapid lifestyles.

Old April 25th 15, 05:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

When the system where these realized the Earth turned and moved through space emerged via Copernicus the opposition was how does the new type of astronomy merge with predictive astronomy as opposed today where there is not the slightest hint that me can apply their interpretative faculties to information even when it is in front of them -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=612gSZsplpE

There is the annual rotation responsible for the evolution of Arctic sea ice and it will be there instead of the Earth 'tilts towards and away from the Sun' ideology which is a throwback to a different time and place.

The issue of creativity and inspiration is one of those things where existence lights up in the eyes of a spirited person and the lack of this motivating spirit is how I account for those things which seek to diminish human endeavor or fail to appreciate something new and productive - 'hell' in other words. It is true that God is in all things and all things in God but only when people feel this whenever something uplifting is observed where life becomes a constant cycle of being inspired and inspiring.

Old April 25th 15, 05:37 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

oriel36 wrote:
[...]

Constantly using a link which doesn't work will not help you to explain
anything.

Astronomical Brandon[_2_] CCD Imaging 0 August 22nd 07 12:59 AM
Astronomical Phillip Helbig---remove CLOTHES to reply Research 0 December 29th 05 10:06 AM
Astronomical Charles Francis Research 24 December 27th 05 10:05 AM
Digital divide: political will and space solutions Jacques van Oene News 0 October 15th 04 06:41 PM
astronomical CCD's Stuart Turrell UK Astronomy 0 November 24th 03 11:59 PM