NASA announces a new goal for 2018

Old February 12th 10, 07:34 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

Default NASA announces a new goal for 2018

NASA Scientists Plan To Approach Girl By 2018
http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...an_to_approach
Old February 13th 10, 06:47 PM posted to sci.space.history
David Spain

" writes:

NASA Scientists Plan To Approach Girl By 2018
http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...an_to_approach

I think NASA should award a COTS contract to Pat to attempt the first
approach, esp. while wearing that ejection suit....

;-)

Dave
Old February 13th 10, 09:27 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

David Spain wrote:
" writes:

NASA Scientists Plan To Approach Girl By 2018
http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...an_to_approach

I think NASA should award a COTS contract to Pat to attempt the first
approach, esp. while wearing that ejection suit....

That's going to have to have added Jato bottles to get me aloft at my
weight. ;-)

Pat
Old February 13th 10, 10:35 PM posted to sci.space.history
Val Kraut

That's going to have to have added Jato bottles to get me aloft at my
weight. ;-)

does that make it the Block II Escape Suit

Old February 14th 10, 03:06 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Val Kraut wrote:
That's going to have to have added Jato bottles to get me aloft at my
weight. ;-)

does that make it the Block II Escape Suit

Or a good way to burn a hole in the floor.

Pat
Old February 14th 10, 09:09 AM posted to sci.space.history
David Spain

OM writes:

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:27:40 -0800, Pat Flannery
wrote:

That's going to have to have added Jato bottles to get me aloft at my
weight. ;-)

...This will also have to be the one case where a rigid suit will be
required, as the soft concept won't provide the right kind of support.

This is one of those examples where I lived to regret a thread I started.

;-)

Dave
Old February 16th 10, 12:22 AM posted to sci.space.history
Jonathan

wrote in message
NASA Scientists Plan To Approach Girl By 2018
http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...an_to_approach

As usual The Onion hits the nail on the head.

The Goal is the thing. No one could answer the question
of why go to the Moon and Mars without resorting to
because...."it's there", destiny and fate and all that bs.

At least with the girl, there's a chance of getting lucky.