Just a bit more help on binocular choice, please

Old January 27th 05, 10:12 PM
ROM SPACE KNIGHT NURSE

Default Just a bit more help on binocular choice, please

I have decided to go whole hog and buy the Orion Little Giant 70mm
binocs. I know nothing about pupil size, etc. But, I am 60 years old.
So, would the best choice be the 11x70, the 15x70 or the 20x70? I'm
thinking that with my age, the 15x70 would have the most appropriate
exit pupil. thanks in advance for help!

TOM CREAN IS APPARENTLY NOTHING WITHOUT DWYANE WADE

Old January 27th 05, 11:47 PM
Florian

So, would the best choice be the 11x70, the 15x70 or the 20x70? I'm
thinking that with my age, the 15x70 would have the most appropriate
exit pupil. thanks in advance for help!

Rom, i would agree. And 15x70 is just at the limit of being =
handholdable.
They should be a very nice starting pair of binoculars for you.

-Florian

Old January 28th 05, 02:13 AM
SaberScorpX

So, would the best choice be the 11x70, the 15x70 or the 20x70? I'm
thinking that with my age, the 15x70 would have the most appropriate
exit pupil. thanks in advance for help!

Rom, i would agree. And 15x70 is just at the limit of being

handholdable.
They should be a very nice starting pair of binoculars for you.

Second that.
The Little Giants are also currently on sale and include a tripod
L-adapter.
You may also want to check-out the Orion 15x63s. 10oz.(20%)lighter and
much longer eye relief (19mm vs. 8mm). Same quality features , more
ergonomic, and $50-80 cheaper.

Old January 28th 05, 03:41 PM
shneor

If you plan to use a tripod and parallelogram mount, go for the 20x70s.
You'll see more.
Clear skies,
Shneor Sherman