Soyuz Rocket Launch Failure Forces Emergency Landing of Soyuz!

Old Today, 12:06 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Soyuz Rocket Launch Failure Forces Emergency Landing of Soyuz!

In article ,
says...

On 2018-10-16 21:44, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Fair speculation: one booster didn't separate normally.

No, that's a fact.

Point me to an official report, or high resolution video that confirms
which booster didn't separate properly and somehow hit one of the core
engines.

Media quoting some unnamed NASA official who heard from grapevine that
this is what the russian are looking is is not official conformation.

What the media are saying MAY come from sources that turn out to be
accurate. But that doesn't mean that what they are saying is, at this
point, confirmed facts.

You are also ignoring the possibility that the booster improperly
separating may be the result of a problem instead of being a cause.

Why should Fred, or anyone else, do your research for you? Again, the
space press online is covering this incident like a fracking pack of
leaches. This information really isn't hard to find. You seem to be
the one lacking the initiative to actually look it up and read.

Over the years on many occasions I've posted which space news websites I
follow. There are a lot of them. This is 2018 and information is quite
easy to find if you just take the time to look for it. Jebus!

Jeff
Old Today, 12:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

JF Mezei wrote on Wed, 17 Oct 2018
01:12:24 -0400:

On 2018-10-16 21:44, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Fair speculation: one booster didn't separate normally.

No, that's a fact.

Point me to an official report, or high resolution video that confirms
which booster didn't separate properly and somehow hit one of the core
engines.

Roscosmos has issued a statement to that effect. Pointing you to
video isn't going to help because you haven't the slightest clue what
you're looking at or should be looking for.

Media quoting some unnamed NASA official who heard from grapevine that
this is what the russian are looking is is not official conformation.

And is a press statement to TASS by Sergei Krikalyov, Roscosmos
Executive Director for Manned Flights, 'official' enough for you?

What the media are saying MAY come from sources that turn out to be
accurate. But that doesn't mean that what they are saying is, at this
point, confirmed facts.

Mayfly, why don't you ever bother to find out the facts before you
start running your mouth?

You are also ignoring the possibility that the booster improperly
separating may be the result of a problem instead of being a cause.

You're ignoring the facts in order to run your mouth.

-- Thomas Jefferson