Roger W. Tuthill has suspended business, and perhaps permanently...

Old April 22nd 15, 06:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Roger W. Tuthill has suspended business, and perhaps permanently...

I'm not sure this will,post and so keeping it short. My astronomy intensive days are somewhat passed as my eyesight, physical strength and Brooklyn skies make the effort vs benefit ratio too high. But back in the day the pasionmand energy were very high and I received much support from Roger Tuthill..and I don't think I spent more than $200 on his products. While we both belonged to the amateur club in Cranford, I neither met him there nor mentioned I was a member. I was strictly a customer who visited his home/business a few times and took quite a bit of his time, never decisive enough to spend the big bucks instead going to the major companies (which proved a big mistake), and he knew I did. But you know what...he was always gracious, interested enough to show me his "inventions", left me alone with his displays and books for as long as I wanted. His two helpers were perhaps even nicer. Wish I'd bought one of his from him just for the memories. Roger was a good guy and great for the amateur community. He was an engineer and perhaps too straighforward or not as savvy at handling people from a business perspective, given the reviews I read. I never saw that and I'm difficult to please, somewhat paranoid in fact in that way. Roger did a lot for amateur astronomy as it was for us in those days. And that's the short version.
Old April 23rd 15, 10:42 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

On Wednesday, 6 August 2003 08:43:04 UTC-4, Mike Jones wrote:
Same kind of sad like when Telescopics, Ken Novak, Jaegers, E&W Optical and John
Meshna all called it quits. Those were some good businesses and products. I still
like Telescopics' Sky Micro Giant 2" focusers best of all - I have 3 on different
scopes and wish I had more.
mij

Before dirt-cheap to manufacture Crayfords took over...