A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Astronomy and Astrophysics » Amateur Astronomy
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Earth Day 2015

Old April 22nd 15, 01:24 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Earth Day 2015

https://www.google.com/doodles/earth-day-2015

The Earth turns once in 24 hours even if the road to that fact takes quite a journey through astronomical history.

Have a good look at the Google home page and marvel at the fact that so many here fought for an obscene ideology that the Earth is into the next rotation after 23 hours 56 minutes 04 seconds and therefore has one more rotation than there are days in an orbital cycle.

People must hate the Earth to spend 20 years ignoring a set of principles which link the 24 hour system and the Lat/Long system to the Earth's geometry organized around rotation.

The Earth is our home while a house is a dwelling within that home but so many have forgotten that and never knew it.
Old April 22nd 15, 02:30 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath
external usenet poster

Default Earth Day 2015

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 17:24:52 -0700 (PDT), oriel36
wrote this crap:

The Earth is our home while a house is a dwelling within
that home but so many have forgotten that and never knew it.

I don't share my home with anybody.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old April 22nd 15, 06:34 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Earth Day 2015

I entirely agree with what Chris.B wrote on Saturday 4th April 2015. We must ALL totally ignore Gerald - for Gerald's sake and for the sake of the wider astronomical community.

In my opinion Gerald is getting worse rather than better and I share Chris.B's concerns about "what might happen next"!

"Should we really be continuing to argue with someone who is so obviously mentally ill? By his own words he has condemned himself to that interpretation, countless times, here and on other forums, over quite a number of years..

What worries me is that this mentally ill person is expressing increasingly aggressive behaviour towards those who argue with his ridiculous fantasies.. How long will it be before this mentally ill person channels his aggression and frustration into a physical attack on an innocent victim? Do we really want to be responsible, as a group, for triggering such an attack?

This mentally ill person cannot, or will not, obtain treatment for his serious behavioural problems. Or perhaps, his symptoms do not readily respond to therapy or medication. I can only suggest, yet again, that nobody here responds to this person. At what point does your own, endless repetition display your own behavioural problems? Think about that before your next auto-response to this person's next ridiculous diatribe.

I'm sure we all used to think we were dealing with yet another, deliberately irritating troll pretending to have very eccentric views. However, the severity of his symptoms have developed in lock step with the negative attention he has received online.

He has repeatedly shown sociopathic responses to his responders and clearly lacks any moral sense of responsibility for his own actions. For example; he has repeatedly published my private emails on this forum in direct reaction to my open criticism of his endlessly repeated fantasies.

The situation has now become very like deliberately baiting a mentally ill person. One who insists on going out into public places to berate bystanders with his infantile fantasies. Nobody can have missed the escalating expressions of aggression towards his critics. Who can say that this clearly unbalanced person will not step over the line into a physical attack on a completely random bystander?

As yourself: Who will your next response to this unbalanced person impress? Certainly not the OP! So why bother? To impress this forum's dwindling readership with your unmatched educational skills and Pavlov auto-pedantry? Really?"

Old April 22nd 15, 07:18 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Earth Day 2015

The Google Doodle of a spinning Earth should remind readers that there isn't a single website explaining how the 24 hour system works with the Lat/Long system within the confines of the 4 annual circuits but there are any amount of websites promoting the awful 'solar vs sidereal'fiction. That fiction is now being supplanted by an even worse fiction using a new term 'LOD' .

When men can stand on the surface of this rotating planet and promote the proper narrative which merges human timekeeping with planetary dynamics properly then and only then can there be an Earth Day to celebrate.