Speed of light surpassed?

Old May 15th 13, 02:03 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default Speed of light surpassed?

I was watching a show the other night hosted by Stephen Hawking, about the
universe since it's creation up until now. I thought it was very well done is as
much as I could actually understand most of it. But one thing was mentioned, and
I wish I had written the numbers down, and that was that at so many seconds
after the big bang, the universe was already so many thousands of light years
across. I thought...HUH? If that were the case, then the universe, at that
point, would have had to have been moving faster than the speed of light. to get
that big is such a small span of time. Can anyone shed any light on this or
should I have written the numbers down? Thanks.
Old May 15th 13, 06:27 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On May 14, 6:03*pm, wrote:
I was watching a show the other night hosted by Stephen Hawking, about the
universe since it's creation up until now. I thought it was very well done is as
much as I could actually understand most of it. But one thing was mentioned, and
I wish I had written the numbers down, and that was that at so many seconds
after the big bang, the universe was already so many thousands of light years
across. I thought...HUH? If that were the case, then the universe, at that
point, would have had to have been moving faster than the speed of light. to get
that big is such a small span of time. Can anyone shed any light on this or
should I have written the numbers down? Thanks.

Entangled photons seem to have no problems with FTL.
Old May 15th 13, 06:29 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On May 14, 10:20*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 14 May 2013 21:03:41 -0400, wrote:
I was watching a show the other night hosted by Stephen Hawking, about the
universe since it's creation up until now. I thought it was very well done is as
much as I could actually understand most of it. But one thing was mentioned, and
I wish I had written the numbers down, and that was that at so many seconds
after the big bang, the universe was already so many thousands of light years
across. I thought...HUH? If that were the case, then the universe, at that
point, would have had to have been moving faster than the speed of light.. to get
that big is such a small span of time. Can anyone shed any light on this or
should I have written the numbers down? Thanks.

Well you are thinking that the big bang started from one relatively
small singularity.
Try thinking of it this way
When the big bang "banged" it banged everywhere

Or perhaps we're just falling back into a singularity, thus making
everything else seems as though its still an ongoing expansion.
Old May 15th 13, 06:30 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

On Tue, 14 May 2013 18:27:18 -0700, Siri Cruise
wrote:

The axiom is that things are allowed to move faster than light, as long as that
is not being used transmit information.

yeah I read lees book also but light itself is information. weather it
is a single photon or an intense laser beam it still contains
information.

Theoretically space contracts faster than light inside an event horizon,
carrying along particles at the same speed. This speeds combined with the limit
on the speed of information is what creates the event horizon.

never heard that before

It is also theorised that space can expand faster than light, creating another
kind of horizon. Galaxies carried away at superliminal speeds disappear beyond
this horizon because any messages from them would be carried away faster than
they could propagate.

I think people will say anything that sounds good kinda like dark
matter and dark energy. all sounds like BS. Just like the age of the
universe is 13.7 billion years even though they may have found a star
that is older than that. but because they cant see something they
think it doesnt exist or they will say that faster than light is
possible. ya know if space can expand faster than light then all the
information in that space is moving faster than light and its mass has
alread increased to infinity meaning there are some really fat
creatures somewhere.
Kinda makes ya wonder if you have infinite size then making babies may
be really hard..
Old May 15th 13, 06:33 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

On Tue, 14 May 2013 19:59:40 -0700, wrote:

YOU ARE VERY CRAZY!

Saul Levy

saul once again your acumen and verbose posts perplex me to a point
where I just want to slap you and say WAKE THE **** UP AND MAKE SENSE

Old May 16th 13, 01:01 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On May 14, 6:03*pm, wrote:
I was watching a show the other night hosted by Stephen Hawking, about the
universe since it's creation up until now. I thought it was very well done is as
much as I could actually understand most of it. But one thing was mentioned, and
I wish I had written the numbers down, and that was that at so many seconds
after the big bang, the universe was already so many thousands of light years
across. I thought...HUH? If that were the case, then the universe, at that
point, would have had to have been moving faster than the speed of light. to get
that big is such a small span of time. Can anyone shed any light on this or
should I have written the numbers down? Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Inflationary-U...8662397&sr=1-1

Double-A

Old May 16th 13, 08:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On May 15, 8:01*pm, Double-A wrote:
On May 14, 6:03*pm, wrote:

I was watching a show the other night hosted by Stephen Hawking, about the
universe since it's creation up until now. I thought it was very well done is as
much as I could actually understand most of it. But one thing was mentioned, and
I wish I had written the numbers down, and that was that at so many seconds
after the big bang, the universe was already so many thousands of light years
across. I thought...HUH? If that were the case, then the universe, at that
point, would have had to have been moving faster than the speed of light. to get
that big is such a small span of time. Can anyone shed any light on this or
should I have written the numbers down? Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Inflationary-U...p/0201328402/r...

Double-A

AA It those never found thyrons. No usefull information will ever
come out of anything or actions going fazster than c.TreBert
Old May 16th 13, 09:01 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

On May 14, 6:03*pm, wrote:

[...]

Trebert,
will you since car tree huh star sun three following some yeah yeah go
go go.
Old May 17th 13, 03:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On May 14, 6:03*pm, wrote:

[...]

Except quantum communications via entangled photons seen to not be 'c'
limited.