Space Shuttle still MILES better than egomaniac Musk's "Space-X"

Old February 6th 18, 11:30 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

Default Space Shuttle still MILES better than egomaniac Musk's "Space-X"

More flexible, more powerful.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/06/tech...son/index.html

Old February 7th 18, 04:14 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Scott M. Kozel[_2_]

On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 5:30:55 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
More flexible, more powerful.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/06/tech...son/index.html

Lots of capability beyond what was needed or ever used.
Old February 8th 18, 07:46 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 04:14:19 UTC+1, Scott M. Kozel wrote:
On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 5:30:55 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
More flexible, more powerful.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/06/tech...son/index.html

Lots of capability beyond what was needed or ever used.

The huge irony is that RichA entirely missed the point.
The re-usable rocket is a private venture.
Thereby saving taxpayers' money on obscenely priced hardware.
MrA ought to be drooling at the prospect of this free l[a]unch! ;-)
Old February 8th 18, 10:11 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

On Thursday, 8 February 2018 01:46:17 UTC-5, Chris.B wrote:
On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 04:14:19 UTC+1, Scott M. Kozel wrote:
On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 5:30:55 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
More flexible, more powerful.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/06/tech...son/index.html

Lots of capability beyond what was needed or ever used.

The huge irony is that RichA entirely missed the point.
The re-usable rocket is a private venture.
Thereby saving taxpayers' money on obscenely priced hardware.
MrA ought to be drooling at the prospect of this free l[a]unch! ;-)

Yes, I'm sure Herr Musk will ferry U.S. astronauts to and fro for nothing.
Old February 8th 18, 07:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Thursday, 8 February 2018 10:11:11 UTC+1, RichA wrote:

Yes, I'm sure Herr Musk will ferry U.S. astronauts to and fro for nothing.

We'll just have to hope he doesn't try to 'upgrade' an oil change to a full service.

I doubt Herr Trumpet will allow it unless he gets his name printed on the rocket in 3" thick, solid gold.

What's it going to cost the taxpayer for Herr Trumpet to have his Kim-style military parade?

Will he boast he has more servicemen on parade than Hitler? Or even Razz Putin? ;-)
Old February 8th 18, 10:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

On Thursday, 8 February 2018 13:11:01 UTC-5, Chris.B wrote:
On Thursday, 8 February 2018 10:11:11 UTC+1, RichA wrote:

Yes, I'm sure Herr Musk will ferry U.S. astronauts to and fro for nothing.

We'll just have to hope he doesn't try to 'upgrade' an oil change to a full service.

I doubt Herr Trumpet will allow it unless he gets his name printed on the rocket in 3" thick, solid gold.

Yes, Musk shares "none" of those characteristics. BTW, is his rocket being subsidized for the rich by middle-class taxpayers, they way his $100,000 electric cars and solar panels are?
Old February 9th 18, 08:01 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Thursday, 8 February 2018 22:27:54 UTC+1, RichA wrote:

Yes, Musk shares "none" of those characteristics. BTW, is his rocket being subsidized for the rich by middle-class taxpayers, they way his $100,000 electric cars and solar panels are?

I thought the Chinese did most of America's subsidizing and bought most Teslas?
Soon they'll even own Hair von Trumpet's Tower.
Leave the planet to your grandchildren in better shape than you took it over? Check.
Pay off your debts and mortgage before you leave your estate to your bickering offspring? Check.
What's your US pension worth in Renminbi when half of it goes on Indian, coal-fired AC?

You don't need a rocket to see it's an increasingly small world.
Debt-ridden America is shrinking before our very eyes.
Another Wall Street Bash and it will be a fire sale.
They'll be selling Texas at a massive loss to the Mexican cartels soon.
Just to pay for Hair von Trumpet's wall.
Tweetle tea and Tweeetle dumb..
and all the King's men [on parade] couldn't put Herr Trumpet together again. ;-)
Old February 9th 18, 08:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 01:11:07 -0800 (PST), RichA
wrote:
The re-usable rocket is a private venture.
Thereby saving taxpayers' money on obscenely priced hardware.
MrA ought to be drooling at the prospect of this free l[a]unch!

;-)

Yes, I'm sure Herr Musk will ferry U.S. astronauts to and fro for

nothing.

Not for nothing, but the belief is that he'll do it for a
significantly lower cost than the Russians with their Souyuz. That
was the whole point of NASA refraining from developing a replacement
for the space shuttle when it was retired. It remains to be seen how
it works out.
Old February 9th 18, 12:05 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Martin Brown[_3_]

wrote:
The re-usable rocket is a private venture.
Thereby saving taxpayers' money on obscenely priced hardware.
MrA ought to be drooling at the prospect of this free l[a]unch!

;-)

Yes, I'm sure Herr Musk will ferry U.S. astronauts to and fro for

nothing.

Not for nothing, but the belief is that he'll do it for a significantly
lower cost than the Russians with their Souyuz. That was the whole point
of NASA refraining from developing a replacement for the space shuttle
when it was retired. It remains to be seen how it works out.

Monopoly suppliers are seldom cheap.
Is the Space-X heavy even rated for manned human flight?

Don't they have to prove a certain number of successful launches of
inanimate objects into the *right* orbit before that happens?

Flinging them off into the asteroid belt isn't all that impressive if
the intention was to visit Mars. They should have hit the trajectory
they filed in their original flight plan but didn't.

Also need to meet strict requirements of not half killing the astronauts
by excessive vibration like super fast speedboat racing does.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old February 11th 18, 08:54 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Saturday, 10 February 2018 22:41:34 UTC+1, RichA wrote:

"World citizens?" The left really hankers for that good old "World government."

Only through your blinkered eyes.
I am not "left" nor "right." I see myself as the moral center ground.
Each argument and problem has to be weighed without political or cultural bias.

Communism is no improvement on fascism nor theocratic despotism.
Psychopaths never need a 'label' to become elected.
They just need to lie to the cameras without blinking.
Their vision of "the greater good" kills just as many innocents.

In some ways it helps our human genes when such monsters rise to the top like the scum they are.
It sharpens our senses to the very real dangers of imitations of democracy.

This will be Trump's lasting legacy.
He has taught the world to fear the US electorate:
They will vote for any evil mask to end the crippling corruption and false "entitlement."
Instead, of course, they bought a different facade of exactly the same malignancy.

We may be seeing the very end of American global domination.
It had no need to conquer the world with jackboots and Stukas.
It just twisted the rules of global business entirely in its favour by economic bullying.
Now that debt to the world is being repaid by The Arab Spring, China, the end of oil and AGW.

Everything has to be paid for. One way or another.
Perpetual imbalance cannot be maintained.

The 'right' starves the poor and pays a crippling price for its sanction and incarceration.
Crime riddles every level of society. Lawyers are allowed to breed and flourish.
The success of any society can easily be judged by the number of policemen and lawyers.
Both are clear indicators of a hideous imbalance of societal parasites.

The 'left' starves and incarcerates all of the people.
To reward its corrupt party elite at the expense of all.
The black economy greatly outweighs the barely visible.
Two sides of the same worthless coin.
Dictatorship, by any other name, stinks much the same.

Freedom from intolerance and fear of diversity is only a matter of time now.
We do not have long to wait before our clever toys level all of us.
The universal translator will bring instant news unencumbered by extreme wealth.
Tech toys will become so cheap they will have no intrinsic value.
All an inevitable result of global freedom of exchange of information.
Who will pay all the secret policemen when there is no more secrecy?
Will the last of the emperors trip on his bottle of hair dye and drown, face down, in the gilded toilet bowl?