Willie Busted!

Old September 18th 06, 06:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

Default Willie Busted!

Just in the news:

Willie Nelson's tour bus was pulled over in a routine traffic stop in
Louisiana this morning, and police found the bus reeking of marijuana
smoke! Boarding the bus, police collected one and a half pounds of the
forbidden weed from Willie and his band!

No wonder he looks like such an over the hill hippy! Would anyone have
suspected otherwise?

Double-A

Old September 18th 06, 06:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Warhol[_1_]

Double-A wrote:
Just in the news:

Willie Nelson's tour bus was pulled over in a routine traffic stop in
Louisiana this morning, and police found the bus reeking of marijuana
smoke! Boarding the bus, police collected one and a half pounds of the
forbidden weed from Willie and his band!

No wonder he looks like such an over the hill hippy! Would anyone have
suspected otherwise?

Double-A

Poor Willie had better come to my lands of the Old Man, Bled el Siba,
there he could have puffed all the grass he wanted and nobody would
have talked to him about what he was doing... I Say Free Hippie Willie
Now.

Old September 18th 06, 07:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hagar[_1_]

"Double-A" wrote in message
ups.com...
Just in the news:

Willie Nelson's tour bus was pulled over in a routine traffic stop in
Louisiana this morning, and police found the bus reeking of marijuana
smoke! Boarding the bus, police collected one and a half pounds of the
forbidden weed from Willie and his band!

No wonder he looks like such an over the hill hippy! Would anyone have
suspected otherwise?

Double-A

Poor Willie was merely doing research for his next song:
"Where there's smoke, there is a joint".
It's just that he was several tokes away from the final take.

Old September 19th 06, 02:20 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Warhol[_1_]

Hagar wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message
ups.com...
Just in the news:

Willie Nelson's tour bus was pulled over in a routine traffic stop in
Louisiana this morning, and police found the bus reeking of marijuana
smoke! Boarding the bus, police collected one and a half pounds of the
forbidden weed from Willie and his band!

No wonder he looks like such an over the hill hippy! Would anyone have
suspected otherwise?

Double-A

Poor Willie was merely doing research for his next song:
"Where there's smoke, there is a joint".
It's just that he was several tokes away from the final take.

People Willie's age ought to be allowed to smoke whatever the hell they
want.

Old September 20th 06, 08:32 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

On the road again,
Ain't it good to be on the road again!
The life I love is makin' music with my friends,
'n I'm so glad to be on the road again!

"Double-A" wrote in message...
ups.com...

Just in the news:

Willie Nelson's tour bus was pulled over in a routine traffic stop in
Louisiana this morning, and police found the bus reeking of marijuana
smoke! Boarding the bus, police collected one and a half pounds of the
forbidden weed from Willie and his band!

No wonder he looks like such an over the hill hippy! Would anyone have
suspected otherwise?

Double-A

Taake a pinch 'n pass it on,
pinch an ass 'n pass it on,
Take a pinch 'n pass it on,
pass it on along!

(Pete Seeger)

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine

Old September 20th 06, 10:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

"Double-A" wrote in message...
[...]

What was Willie thinking?

Louisiana is a known speed trap, where dishonest cops love to write
tickets for any vehicle with out of state plates whether they are
really speeding or not! I think Sixty Minutes did an expose on it
once.

Driving a floating pot party through Louisiana is really living
dangerously.

Double-A

Old September 20th 06, 01:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double-A If the bus was in NYC it would be a misdemeanor. In Louisiana
its a felony Bert

Old September 20th 06, 01:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Double-A If the bus was in NYC it would be a misdemeanor. In Louisiana
its a felony Bert

A news report said that because all the persons on the bus claimed
possession of the pot, the amount per person was low enough that they
were all charged with misdomeanors. I know that in the old days you
could serve as much as 20 years in prison in some of those southern
states for mere possession. The maximum penalty now was reported to be
6 months in jail plus fines. Might depend on priors. Didn't Willie
have a tax evasion conviction a few years back?

Double-A

Old September 20th 06, 06:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double-A Willie had his ranch taken away by the IRS. A farmer bought it
and gave it back to Willie(he dida lot for farmers.) This is just the
thing I'm fighting The IRS goes after Willie,and the Mafia owned
Progress Energy electric co steals billions each month,and is above the
law. IRS won't touch ProgressEnergy with a ten foot pool Our
government sees to it the rich and powerful are above the law.,and only
the poor and humble pay. Bert

Old September 20th 06, 07:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Double-A Willie had his ranch taken away by the IRS. A farmer bought it
and gave it back to Willie(he dida lot for farmers.) This is just the
thing I'm fighting The IRS goes after Willie,and the Mafia owned
Progress Energy electric co steals billions each month,and is above the
law. IRS won't touch ProgressEnergy with a ten foot pool Our
government sees to it the rich and powerful are above the law.,and only
the poor and humble pay. Bert

The IRS cannot audit everybody. They have to promote compliance
through fear and intimidation. So every year as tax season approaches,
they try to find somebody famous to make a big example out of.
Unfortunately, Willie was one of their examples. Of course, if he had
paid more taxes, he probably wouldn't have been singled out.

At least nobody has to pay over 90% like back in the 50's. That's why
many of the older movie stars didn't end up super rich like today's
stars. What they earned was mostly taken away. And there was little
reason for anyone back then to demand a higher salary beyond a certain
point, because they knew almost all of it would go to taxes. The
highest corporate salaries back in the early 60's were around $300,000.
The money was there to pay them more, but what was the use? They got
their money in stock options and such that were less severely taxed
back then.

Double-A