Saddam Hussein captured...

Old December 14th 03, 03:24 PM
JimO

Default Saddam Hussein captured...

Commanding all of his loyalists to 'fight to the death', even as his sons
did, Saddam, although well-armed, whimpers and snivels off into loud-mouthed
captivity without a scratch on him (but with plenty of lice). Isn't there
some Arab cultural issue with such utter cowardice?

Old December 14th 03, 03:49 PM
Rand Simberg

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:24:31 GMT, in a place far, far away, "JimO"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Commanding all of his loyalists to 'fight to the death', even as his sons
did, Saddam, although well-armed, whimpers and snivels off into loud-mouthed
captivity without a scratch on him (but with plenty of lice). Isn't there
some Arab cultural issue with such utter cowardice?

I'm waiting for the BBC to start whining about how we "humiliated"
him, by showing pictures of us probing him with a tongue depressor (of
course, his style would have been to cut the tongue out).

You could hear the dejection in the voices of some of the people on
NPR this morning.
Old December 14th 03, 04:41 PM
Charleston

"JimO" wrote:

Commanding all of his loyalists to 'fight to the death', even as his sons
did, Saddam, although well-armed, whimpers and snivels off into

loud-mouthed
captivity without a scratch on him (but with plenty of lice). Isn't there
some Arab cultural issue with such utter cowardice?

I don't know but I do not believe his actions are unique. Just think about
how many of the remaining members of that deck of cards turned themselves
in. How many committed suicide? None that I know about.

If they follow Arab tradition they will lop off his head publicly for all
Iraqis to see and parade it about. Seems like an easy way out for Saddam.
Perhaps they will use a dull blade.

http://www.richard.clark32.btinternet.co.uk/behead.html

--

Daniel
http://www.challengerdisaster.info

Old December 14th 03, 05:35 PM
Rand Simberg

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 08:41:23 -0800, in a place far, far away,
"Charleston" made the phosphor on my

"JimO" wrote:

Commanding all of his loyalists to 'fight to the death', even as his sons
did, Saddam, although well-armed, whimpers and snivels off into

loud-mouthed
captivity without a scratch on him (but with plenty of lice). Isn't there
some Arab cultural issue with such utter cowardice?

I don't know but I do not believe his actions are unique. Just think about
how many of the remaining members of that deck of cards turned themselves
in. How many committed suicide? None that I know about.

No, martydom is only for the sheep that these monstrous people lead,
not themselves.
Old December 14th 03, 06:40 PM
Joann Evans

Rand Simberg wrote:

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:24:31 GMT, in a place far, far away, "JimO"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Commanding all of his loyalists to 'fight to the death', even as his sons
did, Saddam, although well-armed, whimpers and snivels off into loud-mouthed
captivity without a scratch on him (but with plenty of lice). Isn't there
some Arab cultural issue with such utter cowardice?

I'm waiting for the BBC to start whining about how we "humiliated"
him, by showing pictures of us probing him with a tongue depressor

Likely. But in this case, as with his sons, it was important to show,
clearly and quickly, that this really *is* the guy....

(of
course, his style would have been to cut the tongue out).

Hopefully someone will remind him that if the Iranians had reached
him in 1980, they might well have imitated his style. We merely gave him
a check-up and (I think) a shave....

You could hear the dejection in the voices of some of the people on
NPR this morning.

--

You know what to remove, to reply....

Old December 14th 03, 06:53 PM
Rand Simberg

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 18:40:57 GMT, in a place far, far away, Joann
Evans made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

Hopefully someone will remind him that if the Iranians had reached
him in 1980, they might well have imitated his style. We merely gave him
a check-up and (I think) a shave....

Yes, it turned out that he was (literally) lousy. One of the barking
moonbats at Democratic Underground asked this morning, "What right did
we have to shave his beard?"
Old December 14th 03, 07:17 PM
Scott Lowther

Rand Simberg wrote:

One of the barking
moonbats at Democratic Underground asked this morning, "What right did
we have to shave his beard?"

You can stand to read DU? Man, you must have a strong constitution. I've
looked in there a few times... those assholes think Michael Moore is a
raving gun nut.

--
Scott Lowther, Engineer
Remove the obvious (capitalized) anti-spam
Old December 14th 03, 07:22 PM
Rand Simberg

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:17:56 GMT, in a place far, far away, Scott
Lowther made the phosphor on

Rand Simberg wrote:

One of the barking
moonbats at Democratic Underground asked this morning, "What right did
we have to shave his beard?"

You can stand to read DU?

It's a dirty job, but someone...

Actually, I was given a tip by someone with a stronger stomach than
me. I think Tim Blair holds his nose long enough to wander over there
occasionally, particularly on a day like this.
Old December 14th 03, 08:13 PM
LooseChanj

On or about Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:35:21 GMT, Rand Simberg
made the sensational claim that:
No, martydom is only for the sheep that these monstrous people lead,
not themselves.

That's true for *any* culture.
--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | This space is for rent
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | Inquire within if you

Old December 14th 03, 08:17 PM
Rand Simberg

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 20:13:10 GMT, in a place far, far away, LooseChanj
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

On or about Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:35:21 GMT, Rand Simberg
made the sensational claim that:
No, martydom is only for the sheep that these monstrous people lead,
not themselves.

That's true for *any* culture.

Not all cultures encourage and worship martydom...