Geometry

Old October 26th 07, 06:21 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Brian Gaff

Default Geometry

So, when the new node is in between the main station and the pma, and the
shuttle is again docked, will the station arm still be able to reach into
the payload bay, ie can its mobile base be taken along to do that?

Itts hard imagining the station changes when you cannot see. I say that in
case anyone thinks I'm round the bend!
(more than usual that is)
Brian

-- Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
Blind user, so no pictures please!

Old October 26th 07, 08:09 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
snidely

On Oct 26, 10:21 am, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
So, when the new node is in between the main station and the pma, and the
shuttle is again docked, will the station arm still be able to reach into
the payload bay, ie can its mobile base be taken along to do that?

Itts hard imagining the station changes when you cannot see. I say that in
case anyone thinks I'm round the bend!
(more than usual that is)

Too bad you don't have a 3D printer handy -- a small model would be
easy for you to examine. Maybe you have a friend who does air- or
spacecraft modelling? I think the plastic kit noted in the forums
some time back was quite expensive, but a quick balsa wood model would
be enough for relationships.

/dps

Old October 27th 07, 07:12 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Dave S

They actually brought another PDFG (Power Data Grapple Fixture, aka Station
Arm base) like the one on Destiny, which will be installed on Node 2.

"Brian Gaff" wrote in
.uk: