Lens Cap for Pentax 40

Old July 23rd 03, 07:56 PM
Eddie Jones

Default Lens Cap for Pentax 40

I recently took delivery of a Pentax 40 XL. I hadn't previously
realized that the eyecone for the 40 doesn't adjust like the others,
with the full eye relief obtained by removing the standard stationary
cone and replacing it with a lens-flush guard. Since the top lens cap
is fitted for the cone only, what do you eyeglass wearing XL40 users
use for a cap? I'm currently using a plastic sandwich bag to protect
it from dust/dew, but there has to be a better alternative.

Eddie
Old July 24th 03, 03:28 AM
Nicholas

Hmmm...I always thought that with the cone screwed down a person would have
enough eye relief even with glasses,
but since I don't wear them I've never tested that.

Nicholas

om...